Is Conan Exiles Not Launching on your Windows 10? Want to play this survival video game without facing any problems? Don’t worry! You came to the right place.
Here, we help you to troubleshoot the issue with the best techniques given below. Let’s see why Conan Exiles is not launching and what to do to fix it.
Conan Exiles is Steam’s best game categorized under the survival games. Users who want to survive their life in new areas and build their own empire can choose this Conan Exiles game.
It includes so many features that excite the game lovers while playing it on their devices. But the Conan Exiles itself troubles the users by not starting whenever they try to launch.
If you are in the same situation, then follow this article until the end and get useful methods to solve it.
Problem Overview: Conan Exiles Not Launching
Manufacturers have developed a huge number of survival-related video games. But Conan Exiles is definitely placed under the best collection.
Steam allows its users to purchase and download this game on their computers. Funcom developed and published this Conan Exiles for Microsoft Windows users.
You can also play this multiplayer game on your PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X and Series S.
When users try to launch it through Steam Launcher, it will not respond at all. You cannot play this Conan Exiles game until you fix this issue.
The reasons that cause this Conan Exiles Not Launching issue are given below.
Apart from the above, there might be some other reasons for this issue. Now, go through the below sections and get more details about the troubleshooting methods.
Related Problems: Conan Exiles Not Launching
If you want to know a few more problems that you will encounter with this Conan Exiles game, then read the below paragraphs.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps: Conan Exiles Not Launching
Now, it’s time to check out the primary steps that you have to use whenever the Conan Exiles won’t launch on your Windows 10.
Run Conan Exiles as Administrator
Are you trying to launch Conan Exiles with insufficient permissions? Some video games, like Fallout 4, Skyrim, and Conan Exiles, need special rights (Administrator rights) to run on our PCs.
So, open the game as an administrator and check the problem still occurs or not.
- Press Windows + E -> Go to the installation directory of Conan Exiles.
- Right-click on the .exe file of Conan Exiles -> Click Properties.
- Under the Compatibility tab, check the Run this program as an administrator option.
- Save the changes.
Relaunch Conan Exiles and see the game is responding or still shows the same issue.
Match both Game and Your PC Specifications
If your Windows computer does not match the game configurations, then it won’t launch at all. Before moving to further methods, once check your PC configuration and game specification.
To download and install Conan Exiles, your Windows PC must possess the below requirements.
If the game is not launching even if your PC fully satisfies the game specifications, then move to the next section.
Steps To Fix Conan Exiles Not Launching Issue
Without wasting your valuable time, check out the advanced tricks that solve this Conan Exiles Not Launching error on your Windows 10.
- Step 1
Update Display Adapters
Display drivers play a crucial role in playing video games on our PCs. If they are corrupted or expired, you cannot launch the game.
So, check for the latest updates and install them on your PC to keep the GPU drivers up-to-date.
- Press Windows+ X -> Click Device Manager.
- Expand Display Adapters -> Right-click on the GPU Card -> Click Update Driver Software.
- It opens a new window, and in that, click on the Search automatically for the updated driver software.
- Finish the process by going through the on-screen instructions on your computer.
Once updating the drivers gets finished, check the Conan Exiles is launching hassle-freely or not.
- Step 2
Update Windows 10
Even the outdated Windows stops running many applications and video games on our computers. It is mandatory to keep your Windows 10 all the time in order to avoid crashes and work/play on our PCs smoothly.
- Press Windows logo on your keyboard -> Type Check for Updates in the Cortana Search Console -> Press Enter.
- If Microsoft released any new updates, then it will install them in automatic.
If the Conan Exiles Not Launching error occurs even after upgrading Windows 10, then use several other techniques listed below.
- Step 3
Verify the Game Integrity
Sometimes, the game files get corrupted and cause these problems on our desktops. In that case, you have to validate the Conan Exiles installation files to repair the corrupted ones.
- First of all, launch Steam Client and log in to your account.
- Go to the Library -> Locate the Conan Exiles game and right-click on it -> Select Properties from the context menu.
- You have to move to the Local Files tab -> Now, click on the Verify the Integrity of the Game Files.
- Within a few seconds, it checks for the corrupted game files and repairs them.
Now, relaunch Conan Exiles and see the problem still appears or not.
- Step 4
Install DirectX webinstaller
Microsoft DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer is a very important tool for gamers. It helps in offering updates to 9.0c and older versions of the DirectX app.
From the official website of Microsoft, you can download the DirectXwebinstaller on your Windows 10.
- Step 5
Find & Replace the Corrupted Files Manually
Sometimes, finding the corrupted game files and replacing them with the right ones manually can resolve the Conan Exiles Not Launching problem.
If you don’t know how to find & replace the faulty game files, check out the below instructions.
- Press Windows + E to open the File Explorer -> Move to the drive (mostly C: drive) where you have installed the Conan Exiles game.
- After that, navigate the below path,
- Program files (X86)/Steam/steamApps/common/Conan Exile/ConanSandbox/Binaries/Win64
- Locate the ConanSandbox.exe file and right-click on it -> Select Run as Administrator.
- By this, you’ll get to know the corrupted game files.
- Now, download the good versions of those files from the internet and replace them in Windows/Windows 32.
- After replacing one, again run ConanSandbox.exe to check for the corrupted files.
Once you replace all the faulty files, check the game is launching, or error message occurs again.
- Step 6
To enhance the gaming performance and play the Conan Exiles effectively, some gamers install the mods. In case if the mods are corrupted or expired, then it stops the game from launching on your PC.
So, remove the mods one by one and check the Conan Exiles Not Launching issue is fixed. By this, you can find the corrupted mod, and after that, uninstall it from your game to avoid these errors.
- Step 7
Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redist
According to some users, uninstalling and reinstalling the Microsoft Visual C++ Redist can resolve the Conan Exiles Not Launching error on your computer. For that,
- Press Windows + R -> Type appwiz.cpl -> Click OK.
- Select the Visual C++ from the list -> Click on the Uninstall option.
- Confirm the uninstallation process by clicking the OK button.
- After removing it, reinstall the compatible MS Visual C++ Redist again on your computer.
Now, check whether the Conan Exiles game is launching on your Windows PC or not.
Note: If the above methods failed to launch the Conan Exiles correctly, then try to fix it by uninstalling & reinstalling Steam Client on your PC.
Tips To Avoid Conan Exiles Not Launching
Contact Official Support
After trying all the methods listed in this guide, one can easily solve the Conan Exiles Not Launching issue on their PCs. If the problem still occurs, uninstall the game from your Windows computer.
Once you’ve done uninstallation, open the download folder and reinstall it freshly. Sometimes, the game will not open even after installing it again.
You can provide your email address and type the issue that you’re facing to get the required steps to fix it.
Final Words: Conclusion
To sum up everything, Conan Exiles is one of the best Steam’s multiplayer video games developed by Funcom. You can enjoy it a lot while playing this survival game.
It provides challenges in leading your life and establishing your own world. If the game is not launching on your PC due to any reason, then resolve it with the given solutions.
Have you come across any issues while using these methods? Then you can contact us by leaving the message in the below comment box.
Hopefully, this troubleshooting guide helped you in solving the Conan Exiles Not Launching issue.