Last updated on March 29th, 2020 at 08:50 pm
Is your Canon printer not responding? Let’s dive into this post to know how to fix canon printer not responding error
Subtitle – Complete and Most Comprehensive Guide on the Internet to Solve Canon Printer Not Responding Issue
Are you facing the canon printer not responding to issue on your computer? The canon printer becomes none responsive due to technical reasons. This blog post is a complete guide to fix the canon printer not responding issue. We have covered almost every aspect of the problem to help people effectively troubleshoot the issue in this post. You will be able to fix canon printer not responding to all problems mentioned below
- Not responding USB / wired.
- Canon wireless printer not responding.
- Not responding on windows 10.
- Not responding on mac.
- if not responding to print command.
- if not responding after modem change.
There are few canon printer models for that users are searching frequently for the solution to canon printer not responding. Users of these below mentioned canon printer models specifically searching for a fix to this problem.
|G2000 printer not responding||MG3600 printer not responding|
|MG2900 printer not responding||MG4250 printer not responding|
|MG3200 printer not responding||MG490 printer not responding|
|MG3500 printer not responding||MG920 printer not responding|
|MG3520 printer not responding||MG922 printer not responding|
Canon Printer Not Responding: Problem Overview
When you are facing the Canon printer not responding problem, it means that the printer has stopped working. It also means that the printer has stopped communication with the computer. The printer is no longer able to print any documents.
The reasons behind causing canon printer not responding problems can be numerous. It could be something simple like an overload of printing work on the printer or some complicated technical reason. We will start with basic troubleshooting steps first, if you are not able to fix your problem then we will proceed to advance troubleshooting steps.
Sometimes, the canon printer not responding error can occur due to simple reasons. It is a good idea to perform these simple steps before proceeding further. The problem will be solved with these steps if there is some simple reason behind it.
If you still facing problem then try below steps
Advance troubleshooting steps to fix canon printer not responding
Reset or Restart the Print Spooler Service
The print spooler service is a program that is installed by the printer on the computer to manage long printing queues. It helps the printer in managing the printing of multiple documents in a single instruction.
This spooler service is also responsible for managing the communication between the computer and the printer.
If there is some problem with the print spooler service then it may cause the canon printer not responding issue. If this is the case then you have to reset or restart the print spooler service on your computer. Follow the below-given steps
Invoke the Services window
- Press the Windows logo and R simultaneously on your keyboard.
- Now type “services.msc” in the run box.
- In the Window that opens Look for Print Spooler.
- Right-Click on the Print Spooler and Choose the “restart” From the Options menu.
Troubleshoot the Printer Using the Printer Troubleshooting Wizard
Every device can face some problems at some time. This is why Windows provide a wonderful utility known as troubleshooting wizard to help users fix the issue that may occur on their device. The printer troubleshooting wizard can help you solve the canon printer not responding problem.
Perform the below-given steps to run the printer troubleshooting wizard
- Go to the Start Menu.
- Then Click on Setting Option.
- Then select Update & Security.
- Click on troubleshoot from the left Panel.
- Under Troubleshoot Option Select Printer And Run Troubleshooter.
- Follow The Instructions Given In The Wizard.
This should fix the printer problem on your computer.
Change the Printer Port to Fix Canon Printer Not Responding
The printer may seize to work if you are using the wrong port. This can happen due to some fault in the installation process. Sometimes, the computer just picks up a port which is not great for handling the printer because the major port was busy at the time of invoking.
You can easily change the printer port without uninstalling the printer from your computer.
Just follow the below-given steps to change the printer port
- Search “Control Panel” in the Search box on the taskbar.
- Click on Control Panel From the Search Result.
- Then Find The “Device & Printer” From The List.
- Choose the Canon printer from the list of printers and right-click on it.
- Select the Printer properties option.
- now click on the Ports tab.
- Check the port which says printer and/or USB.
- In the bottom of the window click on the Apply button then click on Ok.
This should assign a fresh port to the printer. Now go to the General Tab in the above window before you exit and click on the “Print Test Page” button to test the printer.
If the printer starts to print then your Canon printer not responding error has been resolved.
Update Drivers for Printer
Canon printer not responding problems may occur if printer drivers are out of date. Is your canon printer more than a year old? If yes, then you must upgrade your drivers for the printer on your computer. This can be done with an internet connection.
Follow these below-given steps to update your Canon printer driver
- search “control panel” in the search box on the taskbar.
- Open the Control Panel from the search result.
- Click on Device Manager.
- Look for Printer or Printer Queues and Expand it.
- Right-Click on your Printer then Click on update drivers option from the pop-up menu.
- Now click on search automatically for updated driver software.
- Follow The On-Screen Instructions.
Now the system will automatically update drivers for your Canon printer. When the drivers are successfully installed on your computer, restart your computer and printer. This step should fix the canon printer not responding problem and let you use the printer conveniently.
Problems with Firewall and 3rd Party Firewall
The firewall may also be responsible for the Canon printer not responding to issue on the computer. Windows firewall is a utility that prevents applications to protect the computer and operating system from unknown and vulnerable threats.
The firewall application restricts the functionalities of programs to make the computer safe.
If the firewall is causing the printer to not print properly then we need to configure the firewall properly. It is also possible that any 3rd party firewall is preventing the Canon printer from working properly. Follow the below-given steps to solve the Windows firewall issue with the printer.
- Search “Control Panel” in the search box on the taskbar.
- Click on the control panel From the Search Result.
- Now click on Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click on the Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender.
- Click on “Change Settings”.
- Allow another program button.
- Now click on Browse.
- Select the Canon printer from the list of devices & Click on Ok.
After completing all the above steps you will need to restart the computer as well as the printer. When you will start your computer the canon printer not responding error should be solved.
Communication Problem if Canon wireless printer not responding
Another major reason for the Canon printer not responding can be the connection issue. This problem generally arises with a wireless printer. If the communication between the computer and printer is not being carried out successfully then the printer will not function properly.
The problem can also arise with the Canon printer if there is a faulty connection between the printer and the computer. Sometimes, a faulty connection is established due to the unavailability of proper ports.
Perform the following steps on your computer to set the connection issue with your printer (For Wireless Printer Only)
- Turn on your printer and wait for two minutes
- Look for the wifi button on the top of your printer
- Press the wifi button and hold it until the alarm lamp flashes once in your mobile
- When the lamp flashes in the blue color then go to the WPS button on the Canon printer
- Now go to your computer
- Search “Control Panel” in the search box on the taskbar.
- Select the control panel from the search result.
- Select the Device & Printer under control Panel.
- Now click on Add Printer from top of the option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Once the connection is established, check to see if the printer is working fine or not. Just print a paper or document to test the Canon printer.
This should fix the Canon printer not responding issue on your wireless Canon printer.
When you change modem then it changes wireless settings as well that is why you face printer not responding issue. To resolve this issue, follow the below steps.
- Type “control panel” in the search box on the taskbar.
- Select-control panel.
- Click on devices & printers.
- Right-click on your Canon printer & select troubleshoot.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
Check your printer it should be working now
If it does not work then you need to reconfigure your wireless printer through wireless setup wizard or try to remove the device ( canon printer) & add it again.
If you are using the Canon printer on your Mac OS then these steps should help you fix Canon printer not responding error for your computer.
Check Status of Canon Printer on Mac OS
The first step is to make sure that the Canon printer is connected to Mac. Perform the below-given stepson your Mac OS
- Click on the Apple menu and go to System Preferences
- Click the Printers and Scanners option
- now Look your Printer Listed or not.
If your Canon printer is not listed in this Window then you have to check the USB cable which connects the printer from the Mac computer. You may also need to replace this cable.
Reset the Printing System
Perform the following on Mac
- Go to Apple Menu & then System Preferences.
- Click the Printers and Scanners option.
- Right-click on your Printers and choose the Reset Printing System option.
This should fix any technical issues causing the problem with your Canon printer.
Fix for Wifi Printers
If you are using a wifi Canon printer on your Mac OS then an improper connection between the printer and Mac can also cause the Canon printer not responding error.
- Go to Apple Menu à System Preferences.
- Now Click on the Printers and Scanners Option
- Click on Print and Scan
See if your Printer is available for Testing. If it is not listed there then you need to add your wifi printer to Mac. This should fix the Canon printer error.
Tips to Avoid Canon Printer Related Problems
Canon printer not responding errors can be avoided. You can also take care of some small things to avoid other Canon printer related issues. Most of the problems occur due to the mishandling of the printer or not maintaining the device properly.
Take proper care of Canon printer and maintain it by following the below-given steps
If you follow the above guidelines then it is less likely that you will face any error or problems with your printer.
Contact Printer Manufacturer for Support
You should also contact for official Canon printer support if the Canon printer not responding issue is not fixed on your computer with the help of our guide here. However, the chances for that are minimal.
Final Words: Conclusion
Our detailed guide should be able to solve your Canon printer not responding problem. If there is something that you want to ask or if there is some step which is not clear to you then ask in the comments. Also, tell us if this blog was helpful to you.