Last updated on April 4th, 2020 at 06:53 pm
Hey, are you also facing the Brother Printer offline Windows 10 problem? I am a Brother Printer user and I have installed Brother DCP L2520D Multi-purpose printer on my Windows 10 Laptop. Recently I was using the printer and suddenly the Brother Printer offline error shows on the desktop. After receiving this error the printer stops printing documents. Anyway, I fixed the brother printer offline problem. I am sure, you would like to know how to fix it, let’s start with the easiest but most effective one.
A simple tweak can get your Brother printer from offline to online. In most cases, SNMP status causes Brother printer offline error. To check and change the SNMP status, Open printer properties and click on the ports tab. Select your Brother printer port and click on Configure Port and uncheck SNMP Status Enabled.
Many Brother printer users found it effective. Detailed steps of this fix are below along with other fixes if you are not able to fix your problem. I am writing this blog to help others who are facing this issue.
Brother Printer is a popular printer brand in USA. Millions of people use Brother Printer in this country. Brother is known for its quality printers and amazing service after sales. This company has chosen a rather small group of customers so that it can effectively concentrate on product quality and maintenance. The most popular brother printer brands are Brother DCP T510W, Brother DCP B7500D, Brother DCP L2520D and Brother DCP T310 models.
Brother Printer Offline Windows 10: Problem Overview
Many users of Brother printer encounter this error. It is one of the most annoying errors as we see that printer is online but it shows it as offline. The Brother Printer offline Windows 10 error usually shows up because of various technical issues. There can be problems with connection, print queue or something else. The printer may be encountering some other error.
Generally, the Brother printer will stop printing when Brother printer offline error occurs. Read this guide to fix Brother printer offline Windows 10 problem.
Let us perform these simple steps in the next paragraph before we go for the complicated steps.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps for Brother Printer Offline Windows 10
Brother printer offline issue is caused by a number of reasons. Some of these issues can be fixed very easily. We should start with basic and simple steps and if the problem isn’t fixed then we will perform more complicated steps. This will save your precious time.
Still facing the brother printer offline Windows 10 problem? Don’t worry, as we have arranged all major methods to fix brother printer offline problem in this blog. Read further to fix the brother printer.
Steps to Fix Brother Printer Offline Windows 10
- Step-1 : Make Sure the Printer is Properly Connected.
- Step-2 : Verify Printer is Not in Sleep.
- Step-3 : Check Brother Printer for Any General Errors on Computer.
- Step-4 : Check Printer Status Offline or Paused.
- Step-5 : Check for Copy of Printer in Devices and Printers.
- Step-6 : Long Print Queues on Computer.
- Step-7 : Make the Brother Printer Default.
- Step-8 : Check SNMP Status
- Step-9 : Troubleshoot Brother Printer.
- Step-10 : Update Brother Printer Drivers.
- Step-11 : Update Windows 10 OS.
Make Sure the Printer is Properly Connected
Brother printer is connected with the computer with wires just like any other printer. Generally, there are two to three USB cables for connecting the printer to the computer. The number of cables varies for different models of brother printer. If they are not properly connected then they can cause the brother printer offline Windows 10 problem.
There are many aspects to the proper connection of wires. Wires should be going into the right, faster or port. The USB cable from printer to computer must be tightly connected and it should be rust free and not damaged. Follow the troubleshooting steps given below for checking the wires.
If you do not have any issues with wires then also no need to worry. Read the next section as it may hold the solution for your brother printer offline Windows 10 issue.
Verify Printer is Not in Sleep
Sometimes, when we leave the printer idle for a long time then the printer may go to sleep. This generally goes undetected by the user as the LCD displays of printers are not as engaging as a computer display. When the Brother printer is in sleep the brother printer offline Windows 10 error is obvious. Follow these steps to fix this issue with brother printer.
- Check the LCD display of Printer whether it is blank or on
- Open the front panel of printer to see if cartridges self-align or not
- See if the Printer responds to any instructions given from computer
- Take out the power cord and then plug it in again to see whether the printer is in sleep or not
Once your printer is out of sleep, your brother printer should work fine. If you are still facing the problem then try the next method.
Check Brother Printer for Any General Errors on Computer
As it happens, many times a different error related with brother printer can also result in brother printer offline Windows 10 problem. Common errors with Paper jam, ink or head alignment can also cause this problem. Check your computer for the following errors.
- Make sure there is no error displayed on the LCD screen
- Check for any paper jam errors
- Check for any ink / toner related errors
- Make sure there are no head alignment related errors
Once you have encountered any of these above errors follow these steps given below
- Remove and reinsert all papers from paper tray for paper jam error
- Replace the ink cartridge or take appropriate action according to the ink related error
- Align the print head from settings in brother printer settings menu
Read the next paragraph if you do not find any error with brother printer.
Check Printer Status Offline or Paused
Windows 10 empowers the user to set the printer status as offline manually. This facility is provided to prevent any printing task for some duration. Sometimes, printer status can automatically get set to offline. With this, the brother printer offline Windows 10 error can show while trying to use the printer. This may happen due to any third party program interference or long print queues. Follow these steps to check the printer status and change if needed.
- Click on the Start menu.
- Type Control panel in the search box.
- Select the View devices and printers option.
- Select your Brother printer and right-click on it.
- Now click on the Properties option.
- Here check whether the printer status is offline or paused.
- If the status is offline or paused then.
- Power off the printer.
- Wait for five minutes then turn it on again.
If printer status is not set to offline then you should try the next given method to troubleshoot brother printer offline Windows 10 error.
Check for Copy of Printer in Devices and Printers
The printer can automatically create a copy of brother printer on the system. This copy of printer will have similar name and same properties and settings as of original brother printer. This situation will give rise to a conflict between printers on the computer and will eventually lead to brother printer offline Windows 10 error on the computer.
- Type Control panel in the search box.
- Click on View devices and printers option.
- See whether there is a copy of your Brother printer.
- It should be named like Brother Model Name (1).
- If yes then immediately delete that copy.
If there is no copy of printer created on your computer then you may be facing problem with print queues. Read the next paragraph to know more.
Long Print Queues on Computer
Long print queues are a result of burdening the brother printer with loads of printing jobs. These queues can cause the brother printer offline Windows 10 problem when they get stuck. Perform the steps given below to delete all print queues and soothe the printer.
- Go to the Start menu and type cmd.
- Right-click on the cmd icon.
- Select Run as Administrator option.
- Type in the console “net stop spooler”cmd.
- Now launch the Windows explorer.
- Copy and paste the below address in the address bar.
- Select all the files in the Window that opens.
- Now delete all the files by pressing the delete button on the keyboard.
- Now go back to the command prompt and.
- Type “net start spooler” in the console.
If your issue isn’t solved even after deleting print queues then read the next segment.
Make the Brother Printer Default
Making the brother printer default on your computer can help you with brother printer offline Windows 10 issue. This method is especially useful when there are multiple printers installed on your computer. If some other printer is set to default then you will face problems in using the brother printer. Follow the steps given below to make the brother printer default.
- Search Control Panel in the Search box.
- Select the view devices and printers menu.
- Right-click on your Brother printer.
- Select the Set as default option.
Still facing the brother printer offline Windows 10 error? Read the next section as it must fix your brother printer offline problem.
Check SNMP Status
As we have already discussed this issue. many users of brother printer as reported that unchecking the “SNMP Status Enable” resolve the issue. to change SNMP status follow the steps below.
- Type control panel in the search box on the taskbar
- Click on Devices and Printers
- Right-click on your brother printer which is offline
- Select Printer properties
- Click on Ports Tab
- Make sure that checkbox beside Brother printer name is checked
- Now click on Configure port
- Find SNMP Status Enable and uncheck if it is checked
Troubleshoot Brother Printer
The troubleshooting wizard is a wonderful utility from Windows OS and it may also fix the brother printer offline Windows 10 error. Run the troubleshoot wizard on your computer to fix this issue. Follow the steps given below to run the troubleshooter.
- Go to Control Panel > View Devices and Printers.
- Select the Brother Printer and Right-click on it.
- Now select the Troubleshoot option.
Using the troubleshooting wizard should fix brother printer offline problem. If you are still facing the problem then try the next method.
Update Brother Printer Drivers
Brother printer drivers are updated from time to time. If you do not keep your drivers up to date then you may face the brother printer offline Windows 10 error. You should keep the drivers always up to date. If you do not have the latest drivers installed on your system then follow these steps to update the brother printer driver.
- Press the Windows key + X together.
- then Select the device manager from menu.
- Now select printers and expand it.
- select your printer and click on update driver.
- Now Select search automatically for updated driver software.
Restart your computer and printer once the updates are installed. Now the brother printer offline Windows 10 problem should be solved. If not then try the next method.
Update Windows 10 OS
You can also update the Windows 10 OS to fix the brother printer offline Windows 10 problem. All though, Windows 10 automatically updates the OS, sometimes an update is left uninstalled due to space unavailability or other technical reasons. Such updates can be accomplished by following this procedure given below.
- search check for update in the search box.
- click on check for the te from search result.
- Now click on check for updates.
Let the system install any missing updates on the computer system. After updating the computer, the brother printer offline Windows 10 problem should be easily fixed.
Tips to Avoid Brother Printer Offline Problem in Future
Brother printer offline Windows 10 problem can arise in the future and you can avoid this problem if you will follow our advice. There are minute things that you need to take care of on your computer and you will avoid the brother printer offline again in the future.
Follow these tips and keep your system free from brother printer offline Windows 10 problem. These tips will also help you maintain your computer and brother printer.
Contact Authorized Brother Printer Support
We have tried our best to help you solve the brother printer offline Windows 10 problem. This blog has all the tested methods to fix the brother printer offline Windows 10 problem. Still, if you are unable to solve the issue then you should get expert help as there may be some problem with the brother printer hardware. Click on this link to contact proper brother printer authorized support.
Final Words : Conclusion
We have worked very hard to prepare this blog to help you fix the brother printer offline Windows 10 problem. All the methods given in this blog are tested with a brother printer. Please let us know how you feel about this blog in the comments below. You can also ask if you have any questions in the comment section below.