Last Updated on October 2, 2020 by Admin
Blue Yeti Not Recognized Windows 10
Did you encounter Blue Yeti Not Recognized Windows 10 error? Are you unable to record or stream Blue Yeti Microphone on Windows 10? Then, we provide many solutions to solve the Blue Yeti Not Recognized Windows 10 issue.
Blue Yeti Not Recognized error occurs due to different issues like outdated drivers. Before it’s too late, you can fix this error with simple methods like updating audio drivers.
As there are several Windows 10 errors, this Blue Yeti Not Recognized is a complex issue. Due to hardware problems, outdated drivers, and others, we see Blue Yeti Not Recognized Windows 10 error.
More importantly, the users of other Windows operating systems can face this error. Thus, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 users can follow this article to fix Blue Yeti Not Recognized error.
As we all know, Blue Yeti is a USB Microphone that helps in recording and streaming. Several users worldwide use this Blue Yeti Microphone to record the audio, game streaming, etc. Many other exciting features of the Blue Yeti make it the top best PC microphone.
Sometimes, the users will face troubles with the Blue Yeti Microphone. It does not recognize when you connect to the PC. Thus, the users are unable to work with the Blue Yeti device on Windows 10.
By facing this error, the user will not record the audio on their Windows 10. Simultaneously, the unrecognized Blue Yeti Microphone does not allow the users to stream the audio.
In some cases, the users cannot detect Blue Yeti Mic even after changing the USB port. So, it will repeatedly show the Blue Yeti Not Recognized Windows 10 issue.
Some users will also see errors with Blue Yeti Microphone after detecting it on the PC. As it is an external device, there are different reasons for Blue Yeti Not Recognized Windows 10 issue.
According to our research, some of those causes are:
By fixing the issues, the Blue Yeti Not Recognized Windows 10 is automatically solved. Thus, podcasters or streamers can start recording the music.
Related Problems Blue Yeti Not Recognized Windows 10
The users will also face other related errors related to the Blue Yeti Microphone. From all those, we have shortlisted the most occurred errors on your desktop. Some of them are Blue Yeti Unknown USB Device, Blue Yeti Not Picking up Sound, etc.
The lists of related Blue Yeti errors on Windows 10 are:
To fix the Blue Yeti Not Recognized Windows 10, you have to follow basic troubleshooting. These problems occur when the user uses a damaged Blue Yeti Microphone. Due to cable issues like cable bent, the Mic will not function.
Follow the below steps to troubleshoot the Unrecognized Blue Yeti Windows 10 issue.
When the Blue Yeti Microphone does not work, we can see this error. Due to damaged Blue Yeti, it will not recognize when you connect to the PC.
So, it is better to check the device before going further. First of all, you have to plug the Mic to another port. If the Blue Yeti does not work, then the problem might be with the device.
Moreover, the user can connect the Blue Yeti to another PC to check it. The PC recognizes the microphone if it has no-fault.
When the Blue Yeti Not Recognized, you can buy a new one to use it on your PC.
Hardware issues will lead to Blue Yeti Not Recognized Windows 10 error. So, check your hardware thoroughly to fix the Unrecognized Blue Yeti problem.
At the same time, confirm whether you switched ON the Mic or not. Make sure your Windows OS working well without any issues.
Another basic troubleshooting step is detecting any cable-related issues. If the problem is with the cable, replace it with the new one.
You can fix Blue Yeti Not Recognized Windows 10 with a simple troubleshooting step. This Mic works only on USB 2.0. So, when you plug it to USB 3.0, you will see this error. To solve this complex error, change the USB port to 2.0 when you use USB 3.0.
If these basic troubleshooting steps do not solve the issue, you can use the advanced steps.
Steps to Fix Blue Yeti Not Recognized Windows 10 Issue
From the above, it confirms that there are no issues with the hardware, device, and USB port.
If you want to fix the Blue Yeti Not Recognized Windows 10, follow the advanced tips and tricks. Using the below steps, you can completely solve the Blue Yeti issues.
- Step 1
Update Blue Yeti Drivers
To run any device (both input and output) smoothly, we need to use the updated drivers. Outdated drivers will damage the device and hardware. By this, it will not work according to your queries.
In the same manner, the usage of expired or incompatible Blue Yeti drivers will show many errors. One such is the Blue Yeti Not Recognized issue. So, you have to update the Blue Yeti drivers to fix the issue.
To update the Blue Yeti drivers, follow the below steps:
- Press the “Windows and R keys” at once to open the Run dialog box on your desktop.
- After that, type the “devmgmt.msc” in the search box and hit the OK button.
- It immediately opens the Device Manager window on your PC.
- You will see different components like Keyboard, Disk Drives, etc. In that, identity “Sound, Video, and Game Controllers”, and expand it by double-clicking on it.
- Find out the Blue Yeti Drivers from the list and right-click on it.
- By right-click choose the Update option to proceed further.
- In the next step, click on the “Search automatically for updated driver software” option.
- it starts updating the Blue Yeti drivers on your Windows 10 computer.
After completing the driver update process, restart your PC. By doing so, the user can fix the Blue Yeti Not Recognized Windows 10 error.
- Step 2
Set the Blue Yeti Microphone as the default device
Blue Yeti Not Recognized Windows 10 error also occurs when it is not your default device. So, whenever you encounter this issue, set the Mic as the default one on your PC.
If you want to configure the Blue Yeti as your default device, go through the following steps.
- Click the Windows icon to open the Start menu.
- Next, type the Control Panel in the search box, and choose it from the results.
- Navigate to the Hardware and Sounds category.
Note: If Hardware & Sound Not Showing than look View by right-top on the page and select View By Category
- After that, select the Sounds option from the list.
- In the next step, you will see the Sound window on your screen.
- Open the Recording tab.
- Find Blue Yeti Microphone and right-click on it. Now, you have to choose the “Set as Default Device” option.
- Finally, hit the Apply and then OK button.
Thus, it makes your Blue Yeti Microphone as the default device. If you still see the Blue Yeti Not Recognized Windows 10 error, use the following methods.
- Step 3
Uninstall & Re-install Blue Yeti Drivers
Even after updating the Blue Yeti drivers, the user cannot recognize the device. In such a case, we suggest you go with the uninstallation and re-installation of Blue Yeti drivers on your PC.
Uninstall & Re-install of Blue Yeti Microphone drivers are as easy as other methods. Windows users can use the following steps to perform these activities.
- right-click on the start menu and select device manager.
- Check-out the Sound, Video, and Game Controllers in the Device Manager window.
- Select the Blue Yeti Microphone and right-click on it and select the Uninstall option.
- After uninstalling those drivers, you can reinstall them again.
With the above steps, you can permanently fix the Blue Yeti Not Recognized Windows 10 error.
- Step 4
Check your Mic is not disabled
The Blue Yeti Not Recognized Windows 10 error occurred when you disabled the Mic. To go further, make sure whether the microphone is not disabled or not.
For enabling the disabled Mic, perform the given steps:
- In the first step, go to the system tray and locate the Volume icon.
- After that, right-click on the Volume or Speakers icon, and choose “Open Sound Settings” open.
- It opens the Sound settings window on the desktop screen.
- Select the Sound Control Panel option under the Related Settings section.
- Navigate to the Recording tab in the Sound window.
- Find the empty space in that tab and right-click on it.
- Enable both “Show Disabled Devices” and “Show Disconnected Devices” options.
Now, your PC recognizes the Blue Yeti Microphone on your Windows 10.
- Step 5
Increase Blue Yeti Volume
Due to low sound settings, we cannot hear the recorded audio. Thus, we conclude that the Blue Yeti Not Recognized error occurs on Windows 10. Simply, you can fix it by increasing the volume. For that,
- Locate the Volume icon in the system tray and right-click on it.
- Now, select the Recording device.
- After that, you have to find the Microphone with USB Advanced Audio Device name.
- If you modified the Microphone name, then identify it.
- In the next step, double-click the USB Advanced Audio Device and navigate to the Levels tab.
- Now, you can increase the volume according to your wish. Make sure your Microphone is not mute.
Tips to Avoid Blue Yeti Not Recognized Windows 10 Issue
Contact Official Support
After following the above steps, if you see the Blue Yeti Not Recognized Windows 10 error. It might occur when there is any other fault with the Blue Yeti Microphone. To fix the issue, we suggest you take assistance from any professional technician.
If the Microphone is a brand new one and under warranty, visit the trusted service provider. Or you can visit the manufacturer service center to repair it.
Final Words: Conclusion
To sum up everything, the above methods will help you to fix the Blue Yeti Not Recognized Windows 10 issue. By this, you can stream and record the audio on your Windows computer. Also, check out the tips to avoid the occurrence of Blue Yeti Not Recognized Windows 10 error.
If you solved the issue with some other methods, feel free to share it with us. It will help the users to fix it when they encounter the same issue.
After fixing the issue with the above-listed steps, leave your precious suggestions or comments to improve our service.