Last Updated on August 31, 2020 by Admin
Are you scouring to understand Why is my blue snowball not working? Many are baffled by the “Blue snowball not working” issue out there. Blue is a renowned brand for its quality microphones. It is very unexpected as many users reported that their Blue snowball mic not turning on.
The issue with the Blue snowball microphone is fixable. It requires some alteration in the configuration and attention on its Driver. Reinstalling the Blue snowball from fresh has fixed Blue snowball not working with audacity and other applications for many.
The Snowball model is an entry-level microphone manufactured by Blue. As this is cost-effective for Youtubers. Its affordable aspect attracts various content creators as well. etc. Gamers are also fans of Blue Snowball mic but they also found that their Blue snowball not working in csgo, ps4, etc. Mostly Windows 10 users are getting it after updating their system.
No need to worry! start with the methods mentioned in this article to fix the Blue snowball not working.
Blue Snowball Not Working: Problem Overview
According to users, when they try to connect their Blue Snowball microphone with the windows system. it gets connected but it does not work. There is no voice detected or played by the mic. Many users are fond of recording their gameplay but they found that their Blue snowball not working with elgato.
Most of the users have faced the “Blue snowball not working” issue after updating their Windows 10. Which is very weird but there might be some compatibility issues interrupting its path.
There can be a range of reasons behind this issue. Some of them are included below.
Blue Snowball Not Working: Related Problems
There are various related includes involved with Blue Snowball microphones. As the root is the same so the solution would be. Pick your related problem and start fixing using the methods enclosed ahead in this article.
As Blue snowball is an external device, there are chances of hardware-related issues. Let’s have a sneak peek on the external issues based on connectivity, connecting port among many others.
Reboot and Reconnect your Blue Snowball
Restart your system, completely remove external devices then turn it on again. Now, connect your Blue snowball microphone properly. Switch to another USB port. Sometimes the issue is with the USB port. It stops detecting the specific external devices. This might be the case with your Blue snowball.
Also, make sure there is no external damage to your Blue snowball. Sometimes invisible internal damages cause such issues. To check on it connect it with another system. In case it works that means your Blue Snowball mic is in good condition. Here, the culprit can is in your Windows 10 computer.
Steps To Fix Blue Snowball Not Working Issue
In case the above doesn’t work for you. The culprit is hidden in your system. it can be your Driver or some misconfiguration causing the “Blue Snowball not working” issue. Do follow the following methods as it is mentioned to get a proper result.
- Step 1
Disable the audio device
Disabling and re-enabling has worked for many users. Due to continuous switching between different audio devices, the audio driver may get some glitch. This can further interfere with your Blue snowball microphone.
Re-enabling simply refreshes the file and its configuration. Rebooting always fixes up the minor flaws. For many users, this has fixed the Blue snowball issue temporarily. This can work for you in urgency.
Go for the following steps to fix Blue snowball not working windows 10:
- At first, remove your Blue Snowball mic from your Windows 10 system.
- Now, tap on the Windows logo key with alphabet “X” to locate the “Device Manager”, once you get it tap on it to open.
- Locate “Audio inputs and outputs”, tap on it to expand. Look for the connected microphones available under this and right tap on it, choose “Disable Device”.
- Once done, Restart your system.
- Now, just connect the blue snowball microphone to your Windows 10 system via USB port.
Now, check if you can use it or not in other applications. In case the issue “Blue snowball not working” persists, go for the next method to set it as default.
- Step 2
Set your Blue Snowball as default
This has fixed the Blue snowball not working issue for many. Users who are facing issues with a specific application can go for this. Issues like Blue snowball not working with audacity comes under this. Set it as default can minimize the conflict due to other drivers.
Go for the following steps to set it as default:
- Tap on Windows key with alphabet “I” to launch the Settings screen in your Windows 10.
- Tap on the “Systems” option.
- Now tap on “Sound” available in the left pane.
- In the right pane look for “Sound Control Panel” available at the right corner.
- A box will pop up, switch to the “Recording” tab.
- Here you will see the Blue Snowball microphone on the list including other devices. Right-tap on other devices one by one and choose “Disable”.
- Now right tap on the “Blue snowball “tab and choose “Set default”.
Now, check if the issue “Blue Snowball not working” got fixed or not. In case the issue Blue snowball not working is yet not fixed then go for the next method to re-install your Blue Snowball mic.
- Step 3
Re-install the Blue Snowball Driver
Blue Snowball driver may have got corrupt after updating your Windows 10 system. as per the user, the issue occurred after updating their system. this indicates that the update has impacted the compatibility of Blue Snowball Driver.
This can be only fixed by the fresh installation or Driver’s up-gradation. Go for the following steps to perform this method
- Make sure you have connected your Blue Snowball mic with your Windows 10 system. Also, have internet access while doing this.
- Now, tap on the Windows logo key with alphabet “X” and choose “Device Manager” from the popped-up list.
- Go for the “Audio inputs & Outputs” option, tap on it to expand. Go for the Snowball microphone driver, just right tap on it and tap on “Uninstall”.
- Similarly, go for the “Sound, Video, and game controllers” option, tap on it to expand. Go for the Snowball driver, just right tap on it and tap on “Uninstall”.
- Now, remove your Blue Snowball mic from the system to disconnect it.
- After one minute, plug it back. You will see a bubble pop up on the screen. It is an installation wizard for Blue Snowball mic, just tap on it. Follow the on-screen guidance until it gets installed.
check if your Blue Snowball mic started recognizing the audio input or not. If not then move to alter the Windows Privacy Settings.
- Step 4
Check on the Windows Privacy Settings
As many users have reported that after updating to windows 10, they started getting this issue. One thing to be noted, as upgradation always alters the privacy settings. This affects various applications that don’t come under the range.
Go for the following steps to alter the Windows Privacy settings:
- Again, open the “Settings” window by tapping on “Windows key” and “I”.
- Tap on “Privacy” then locate “Microphone” in the left pane and tap on it,
- In the right pane, tap on the “Change” toggle. Make sure it was turned “ON”.
- Now look below “Choose which Microsoft store apps can access your microphone” heading. Make sure the application you’re trying to use your microphone with has the permission “Enabled”. If it is not then Enable it.
Now, check if the issue with your Blue Snowball has got fixed or not. If not then go for updating the related drivers in the next solution.
- Step 5
Update your USB Driver and other Related Driver
In case you have updated your Window then the related drivers need to be upgraded to avoid compatibility issues with the Blue Snowball device. As the connector is a USB cable so the port is a must. In case the related drivers are outdated, you will get the “Blue Snowball not working” issue.
This issue is not independent, if related drivers are corrupt then also it will not work. A sound driver is another related driver here. So, we need to update the USB driver and the sound driver.
- Open the Device Manager, tap on the Windows key with alphabet “X”. choose it and click to open.
- Now locate “Universal Serial Bus Controller”, tap on it to expand. Right-tap on the USB driver and choose “Update Driver”. You will get two options, choose “Search automatically for updated driver software” and follow the on-screen instructions. Repeat this for every USB driver available here.
Once it is finished, go for the next step.
- Similarly, locate “Sound, video and game controllers”, tap on it to open. Right-tap on the Realtek Audio drivers and choose “Update Driver”. Choose “Search automatically for updated driver software” and follow the on-screen instructions. Repeat this for other Intel audio drivers as well.
- Restart your system.
Once it turns on, connect your Blue snowball mic if it works or not. If the issue was because of an outdated related driver then this will work for you. In case still, the issue is not fixed then go for the Windows troubleshooter in our next method.
- Step 6
Go for Windows Troubleshooter
Windows troubleshooting utility can fix minor bugs resulting in Blue Snowball mic functioning. In this method, we are going to troubleshoot three widgets i.e. Playing Audio, Recording Audio, and Speech. These three things determine the quality of the outcome you will get via any mic you are using.
Playing Audio can also be the culprit here, maybe it records but doesn’t respond. Other things like Speech can also cause issues as this is responsible for the windows hearing your commands. Many users have found this helpful, hope the same for you.
Go with the following steps to run the troubleshooter:
- Tap on the Windows logo key with alphabet “I” to launch Settings.
- Just tap on “Update & Security”, then choose “Troubleshoot” from the left pane.
- Click on the “additional troubleshooters”.
- Now in the right pane, you will see a list of options. At first locate “Playing Audio”, tap on it and choose “Run the troubleshooter”. It will start detecting the issue, follow on-screen instructions if prompts. Once this is finished, go for the next step.
- Secondly, locate “Recording Audio” on the same page, tap on it. Choose “Run the troubleshooter”. It will start analyzing the issue, follow on-screen instructions if prompts. Once this is finished, go for the next step.
- Thirdly, locate “Speech”, tap on it, and choose “Run the Troubleshooter” toggle. Let it finish the detection and fix.
- Once it is finished, “Restart” your system.
Once your system turns on, connect your Blue snowball mic with your system. then open your PlayStation 4 game to check if Blue snowball ice not working ps4 got fixed or not including in other games like csgo.
If not then go ahead with this article to get into “Contact Official Support” section.
Tips To Avoid Blue Snowball Not Working Problem
Contact Official Support
Blu Snowball not working is hindering many. If none of the above worked for you then visit your nearest service center to get help. You can also get online support via your manufacturing brand.
Also, try to contact Blue Snowball support once, that might be helpful to you. Do not worry, there will be some deep bug that’s why it requires an administrative approach. They will surely fix it up for you.
Final Words: Conclusion
As we are in the end, hopefully, you managed to fix the Blue snowball not working issue by now. Youtubers, content creators, and others mostly require this. We understand your need to fix this bug. If you get any issue while following any method, feel free to ping us.
Once you are done with the fix, let us know your suggestion or feedback regarding this blog. Keep visiting us!