Bluetooth Headphones Connected But No Sound
Once in a while, you may face problems with your Bluetooth Headphones. Even after connecting it to your computer, you can’t hear any sounds from it while playing the music tracks.
Regardless of the brand of your Bluetooth Headphones, you can encounter this problem. That’s the reason why we came here to troubleshoot the Bluetooth Headphones Connected But No Sound issue.
People use their favorite branded Bluetooth headphones to listen to audio tracks. Even gamers use headphones while playing video games on their PCs.
Due to some reasons, our headphones trouble us by not generating sound from it. Sometimes, you can’t hear sounds from both sides of your headphones. In some cases, at least you can listen to the audio from one earbud.
It is a simple issue and you can fix it by using the solutions listed in the following sections.
Bluetooth Headphones Connected But No Sound: Problem Overview
People love to use both wired and wireless (Bluetooth) headsets on their computers. Compared to wired, Bluetooth headphones are more comfortable.
Whenever we get free time, we can run our favorite playback audios and listen to them calmly. Manufacturers are also designing headsets, especially for game lovers.
Logitech, Sony, JBL, and Boat are some of the top Bluetooth Headphones. We can use these branded headsets while gaming on our Windows desktops/laptops.
What if you don’t hear sounds even after you connected your Bluetooth Headphones? It is not an unusual issue. Many users have faced and still encountering this particular problem.
For all those users, we have decided to provide a complete guide to resolve this issue. First, let us know the reasons for the Bluetooth Headphones Connected But No Sound issue.
Now, move towards the following sections to know the methods that can solve this issue on your Windows 10.
Bluetooth Headphones Connected But No Sound: Related Problems
In this section, we would like to present the related problems that you might encounter on other devices too. Using the given solutions, you can fix them.
Bluetooth Headphones Connected But No Sound: Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Now, you need to check out the basic methods that will help you in fixing the Bluetooth Headphones Connected But No Sound issue.
Check your Bluetooth Headphones
Before moving to any other steps, the primary step that you have to do is to check the working condition of your Bluetooth Headphones.
If the headphones are partially damaged or broken, then they will not work at all. To check that, unpair your Bluetooth Headphones from your PC. After that, you need to connect it to another computer.
Now, play any audio track and see that you can hear sounds from your headphones or not.
Unpair & Pair the Headphones Again
Sometimes, simply unpairing (disconnecting) and pairing (re-connection) your Bluetooth Headphones can solve this problem on your computer. So, execute the following steps to complete this task.
- Press Windows + I -> Click Device -> Stay in the Bluetooth & Other Devices.
- Now, disconnect or unpair your headphones.
- Again, search for the Bluetooth devices and click on your headphones to pair on your PC.
Mostly, you will listen to the audio whenever you play tracks on your computer. If you still see the same issue, then use the following steps.
Check the Volume on your PC
Are you seeing any x mark on the Volume icon? It means the volume is muted on your Windows PC. If that’s the case, then you won’t listen to the audio on your headphones.
Therefore, set your volume too high by moving the slider to the right side. Put your headphones back on your ears and see the audio tracks or game sounds are audible or not.
Steps To Fix Bluetooth Headphones Connected But No Sound Issue
Some users won’t solve the Bluetooth Headphones Connected But No Sound issue with the simple techniques. For that sake, we have included advanced methods in this guide.
- Step 1
Update Bluetooth Drivers
Are your Bluetooth drivers up-to-date with the newer versions? If you say no, then it’s your fault for not listening to the sound even after connecting your Bluetooth Headphones.
Not only Bluetooth Headphones, but to use any Bluetooth device, the drivers must be upgraded. If the drivers became older or you forgot to update them, then you will see types of errors on your computer.
Before it’s too late, you have to check for the latest Bluetooth drivers and install them on your PC to keep them up-to-date. For that, either follow the manual process or an automatic one.
If you choose the automatic driver update, we suggest the third-party driver updater, namely IObit Driver Booster.
- Download & install this IObit Driver Booster -> Click the Scan button to list the expired drivers -> Choose the Bluetooth Drivers -> Click the Update button.
- Thus, it starts updating your Bluetooth drivers by installing them from the original website.
The manual process is completely different from the above ones. For that,
- Open the Device Manager -> Expand Bluetooth -> Right-click on your Bluetooth device -> Click Update Driver.
- Choose Search automatically for the updated driver software.
- Tap next or continue to complete a few on-screen steps.
After updating the Bluetooth drivers, you have to restart your computer to save the hardware changes. Now, check the Bluetooth Headphones Connected But No Sound error is solved or not.
- Step 2
Turn On Bluetooth Support Service
If you still can’t hear sounds on your Bluetooth Headphones, then the Bluetooth Support Service on your Windows PC might be disabled. It has to be enabled to work your Bluetooth devices correctly.
So, confirm whether the Bluetooth Support Service is turned on or off, and enable it if it is disabled.
- Press Windows + R -> Type services.msc -> Click OK.
- You can see all the services that are running on your computer. In that, find & double-click Bluetooth Support Service.
- Go to Startup Type section -> Click the drop-down menu beside it and select Automatic.
- Now, you have to tap on the Start button shown under the Service Status section.
- Save the modifications by clicking Apply and OK buttons.
Reboot your Windows computer and pair your Bluetooth Headphones. Now, play any of your lovable songs and see the problem is resolved or not.
- Step 3
Run Sound Troubleshooter
Windows is such an operating system that includes many advanced features and inbuilt tools. One such tool that will help you in this situation is the inbuilt Troubleshooter.
It checks whether there are any issues with your Bluetooth Headphones or not. To run this troubleshooter, execute the following steps.
- Press Windows logo on your keyboard -> Type Audio.
- On the results, you will see Find and Fix Problems with Playing Sound. Click on it to continue further.
- It immediately opens a dialog box on your desktop, so click the Next button.
- Now, choose your Bluetooth Headphones shown on the list, and click Next.
- Thus, it starts testing your Bluetooth Headphones and rectifies if it finds any issues.
Once the troubleshooting process gets finished, check the Bluetooth Headphones Connected But No Sound issue is resolved or not.
- Step 4
Configure the Default Playback Device
Some users do mistakes while setting the correct default playback device on their Windows 10. We think that you have done the same mistake, so rectify it by going through the following instructions.
- Press Windows logo -> Type Control Panel in the Cortana search console -> Hit Enter.
- Go with the Hardware & Sound -> Click Sound.
- It opens the Sound window with the Playback tab. Now, choose your Bluetooth Headphones that appear on the list.
- Click the Set Default button.
- After that, click Apply and OK buttons to save the settings.
Play any track on your computer and test the sound is coming out from your Bluetooth Headphones or not.
- Step 5
Check for Audio Issues
If the problem is not solved yet, then there might be some audio problems in Device Manager. We know that all the hardware on our computer, including the external devices, is controlled through Device Manager.
Even we can see all the hardware components of our Windows PC on the Device Manager. Now, to deal with this audio issue, you have to check the Sound, Video, and Game Controllers listed on the Device Manager.
- First of all, press Windows + X and select Device Manager.
- Double-click the Sound, Video, and Game Controllers.
- Right-click the High Definition Audio Device -> Click Properties.
- Go to the Driver tab -> If there is no issue, then you can see the Disable Device.
- In case if it shows the Enable Device, then it means that the audio device is currently disabled. So, you have to enable it by clicking on it.
- Now, you have to follow the same procedure for the Bluetooth Headphones section. You have to make sure that it is not disabled on your computer.
By this, you will enjoy listening to your favorite tracks on your Bluetooth Headphones.
Tips To Avoid Bluetooth Headphones Connected But No Sound
Contact Official Support
From the above, you got to know how to resolve the Bluetooth Headphones sound issues. Starting from the basic methods to the advanced ones, one or other steps will definitely resolve the problem on your PC.
If nothing seems to work, then you need to take your Bluetooth Headphones to the service center. Technicians can find the issue and repair it well.
In case if they won’t fix it, then purchase a new product. Let’s try other branded Bluetooth Headphones, like Logitech, Boat, etc.
Sometimes, this problem occurs with the new headphones. At that time, you can ask for a replacement for this damaged product.
Final Words: Conclusion
In my final thoughts, Bluetooth Headphones are commonly used by the majority of people. Since they are sensitive, we have to handle them smoothly; otherwise, we can face various issues.
Bluetooth Headphones Connected But No Sound can be resolved by using the troubleshooting steps mentioned above. Send the details of those steps that helped you in solving it through the comment section.
If you have suggestions or doubts about this guide, don’t hesitate to ask us by just leaving a message. Stay connected to our blog to browse several other troubleshooting guides.