Last Updated on September 23, 2020 by Admin
Razer mouse stops moving
Razer mouse is one of the most used peripheral, especially it attracts gamers. We can understand your feeling if the Razer mouse stops moving or keeps freezing and lagging. An input device is basic essentiality for a smooth experience.
Well, our fixes will let you turn back to the smooth experience. Solutions like turning off a fast startup, altering the power management, updating the razer driver, among others are capable of fixing Razer mouse stops moving in the windows system. Resetting this whole communication will fix this for you.
If we get into deeper this issue is happening because your system is unable to read the commands sent by your Razer mouse. The reason the communication conflict among your system and razer mouse. The reason can be hardware or software. An outdated system driver can be the real culprit here. Many more causes are included in the coming section.
Irrespective of the type of mouse you have either wired or wireless. Just, go ahead with us in this article to fix the “Razer mouse stops moving” windows 10 system.
According to our survey, a user was playing Skyrim and after entering into Drelas’ cottage. The mouse randomly stopped moving causing freezing. Even after closing the game similar issue was happening whereas scrolling and clicking are working properly. It is quite wondering to stuck with not moving but still, you can click and scroll.
There can be various reasons leading the Razer mouse to randomly stopping like a Dirty optical sensor. We have included some of them for your reference.
Razer mouse stops moving but can click is randomly taking around on the internet with other names. As the cause is the same so the solutions would be. We have included some of them to make things easier for Razer mouse users. You can try these fixes to get rid of any issue related to your Razer mouse.
The compatible combination of hardware and software runs the whole system. Here, we are going to discuss external causes and fixes. There are two basic approaches required here either sensor of your system got dirt. Or there might be foreign materials preventing your system. Go with these firstly, sometimes these are enough to fix the Razer mouse stops moving issue.
Check on the Basic things
- Remove your mouse from the system.
- Use Q-Tip to clean the sensor of your mice. Then let the sensors dry for the next 5 minutes.
- Afterward, try to use move your mouse after connecting it to the computer. We advise you to switch the USB ports, as that could the culprit.
Also, make sure your USB is not set to automatically turn off. In that case, in the middle of your work, it will stop functioning.
Reset your Razer Mouse
Whether your Razer mouse is wired or unwired, just go with the following set of steps. Resetting will refresh the whole thing eventually fixing freezing, stopping, or stuttering issues.
- Just press the “left toggle”, “Right toggle”, and the “Scroll wheel” of your mouse at the same time for the next 5 seconds. This will reset your mouse.
Once it is done check if your mouse started moving or not. If not then move to the next solution.
Reset the Surface Calibration
In case cleaning the sensors don’t make a difference. The reason can an improper calibration of your Razer mouse. Go with the following steps to make it proper.
- Turn on your system and plug in the mouse via USB port.
- Put your mouse on the mice pad or normal surface.
- Now, tap on the left toggle, right toggle, and scroll wheel at the same time for the next 7 to 10 seconds. This will reset the surface calibration.
Now, check if the issue “Razer mouse stops moving” got fixed or not. If not then switch to the “Advanced Troubleshooting” section.
Steps to Razer mouse stops moving
In this section, we are going to deal with an advanced level of approach to fix the Razer mouse stops moving. Various other random issues like freezing and stuttering can be fixed using these methods. Don’t forget to follow the order of solutions to get the desired result.
Note: As your Razer mouse is able to click and scroll, you can use it while performing steps. Otherwise, you can use the navigation keys available in the keyboard to choose the options while using the method.
- Step 1
Go for the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
Troubleshooting utilities of Microsoft windows is quite capable of fixing various issues. Razer mouse not moving can be fixed by running this troubleshooter. For many users, this simple fix has worked.
Go with the following steps to run this troubleshooter:
- Open the search bar using the Windows key with “S”. type “Troubleshoot” then tap on it to open.
- This will get you the screen with different troubleshooters. Just go with “Hardware and devices troubleshooter”, tap on it to expand. Then click on the “Run the troubleshooter” toggle.
- Let it detect the issue, in case it prompts with the fix. Just tap on the “Apply this fix” option.
- Once done, Restart your Windows computer.
When it turns on, check if you are able to move the Razer mouse or not. If not then move to our next solution.
- Step 2
Install the Razer mice synapse
Razer has its synapse software, cloud-based manager. It includes various configurations and manages the whole update thing. This is essential if you have Razer mice to avoid mouse stops moving or lagging issues.
So, go with the latest version of your Razer synapse to fix this issue. Follow this link to get to its official page. Just tap on the “Download Now” toggle available there. Let it download then proceed with installation by running it in your windows 10 system.
Once done, check if your Razer mouse is moving or not. If not move to the next method to look after the Razer Synapse configuration.
- Step 3
Check on the Razer Synapse configuration
Once you installed the latest Razer synapse, proceed with this method. There might some misconfiguration resulting “Razer mouse stops moving” issue.
Go with the following steps to get rid of this:
- Tap on the Razer Synapse software to open it. Tap on the “Performance” tab available there.
- Look for “Polling Rate” on the screen and adjust it to 450 or as per your requirement.
- Now choose the tap Calibration. Then tap on the “Surface Calibration” option available there and turn it on, if it is disabled.
- You may require to choose the mousepad. In case you do not have a Razer, mousepad choose “Others” then select yours. Follow the further instructions while calibrating your mousepad.
- Now, look for the “Lift off Range” option, move it to 1. Here, the process ends, just exit.
Now, Check if the issue Razer mouse stops moving got fixed or not. If not go to the next solution and disable the fast startup in your windows 10 system.
- Step 4
Re-Configure the Power Management under USB Controller
Sometimes power management settings are responsible for these kinds of unexpected issues. Like if a kind of configuration has been enabled then in order to save the energy system can disable some functions of the mouse. Or it can disable the USB port on a temporary basis to save it. If you have connected mouse to that you will get freezing and not moving types issue. Many users have fixed this issue using this method.
Go with the following steps to check on power management:
- Tap on the Windows key with alphabet “X”, choose “Device Manager” from the list.
- Look for “Universal Serial Bus controllers”, double tap on it to expand. Now tight tap on the option containing the “Controller” word and choose “Properties”.
- Now switch to the “Power Management” tab and unmark “Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power”. Then tap “Ok”.
Now Refresh your PC and check if the Razer mouse started moving or not. If not then go with the next method
- Step 5
Manually update the Razer mouse Driver
Updating the mouse driver is very necessary. As sometimes windows skip the required drivers in order to give other things priority. If your mouse is not damage that means it is sending the command but your system gets unable to read it. This simply shows the disturbed synchronization between system and mouse resulting in freezing and stopping issues.
- Go to this page to find ways to update the Razer driver.
- Tap on the link “Mice & Mats” available under SELECT A PRODUCT heading.
- If you want you can use the search box available on the screen. Look for your mouse related driver using the model number.
- Once the result appears just go as per your requirement i.e. Wired or Wireless. Then choose your Model.
- A new screen will appear, look at the left side on the page and tap on “View software, drivers and updates for download >””option.
- Now tap on the “Download” option to get it and save.
- Once it is downloaded, double tap on it to run the update. This will get you the latest version of the driver.
This was the ultimate method to fix “Razer mouse stops moving” windows 10. If even now your Razer is not fixed, we advise you to get official support. There might be some hidden flaw affecting the overall performance.
Tips to Avoid Razer Mouse Stops Moving
Contact Official Support
If your Razer mouse has yet not started moving, go for the official support. Get help from your systems manufacturers’ front. Make sure you have detailed information about the issue you are getting. They will avail you of the help both online and offline.
Razer mouse official’s customer care front can also help here. Do contact them once to make sure there is no fault in the mouse. You might get the replacement if it is under warranty status. Stay cool, it is fixable.
Final words: Conclusion
Overall, one of these solutions will fix the Razer mouse stops moving issue in your Windows system. Don’t forget to take your eyes on tips to avoid sections to prevent these freezing and stopping issues in the future.
If you have any suggestions or doubt regarding the method. Don’t forget to share with us in the comment section available below. Also, do leave us your valuable feedback.