Apex Legends Keeps Crashing
Want to know why Apex Legends Keeps Crashing on your Windows 10? Are you fed up with these crashing issues while playing it? Then resolve the problem by executing the methods I listed in this post.
Respawn Entertainment designed the marvelous shooter battle royale game that is Apex Legends. It is one of the best free first-person hero shooter video games that was published by the Electronics Arts.
During the gameplay, it suddenly crashes and does not allow us to play it on our systems. There are many reasons for causing this Apex Legends Keeps Crashing issue, such as expired drivers, outdated OS, etc.
Whatever the reason might be, but you can fix it by following the methods given below. Scroll down to the next sections to know more about this problem.
Respawn Entertainment developed the Apex Legends for multiple platforms, such as Windows, Xbox One, Xbox X|S, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5.
Either you can download this shooter battle royale game via Origin or Steam. You need to pay any money to get this game because Electronics Arts offers it free of cost.
Compared to video game consoles, more number of users prefer to play it on their desktops. In order to play the game on the large screens, they are downloading it on the PCs.
But they are facing some kinds of issues while playing Apex Legends on Windows 10. Without showing any warning messages or notifications, it crashes the entire game.
We researched about this Apex Legends Keeps Crashing issue and listed out a few reasons for its occurrence. They are:
If you have encountered this problem, then the reason might be anyone from the above. Don’t worry! It is a fixable issue and you have several techniques to deal with this problem.
Apart from crashing issues, there are some other errors that you might occur while playing the Apex Legends. We have shortlisted a few of them and described them below, along with the solutions to fix them.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
The basic troubleshooting techniques that we offer to fix the Apex Legends Keeps Crashing issue are given below.
Check the PC and Game Specifications
One of the mistakes that most people do while installing a game is not checking their PC requirements. If your computer does not meet the minimum/recommended specifications of the game, it will show these kinds of issues.
That’s why satisfy the game requirements and then install it on your Windows computer. Check out the minimum technical requirements of Apex Legends given below.
Turn off Antivirus & Firewall
Sometimes, the antiviruses or built-in Windows firewalls stop running your applications properly. If you have come across the Apex Legends Keeps Crashing, it might be due to these security programs.
So, disable them for a certain period of time in order to play the game without any interruptions.
- Go to the Taskbar at the bottom right corner of your screen -> Locate the antivirus/firewall icon -> Right-click on it -> Select Disable the app temporarily.
Terminate Conflicting Programs
Apart from security suites, there are some conflicting programs that make your game keeps crashing. In that situation, simply close all those programs on your Windows PC.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the Task Manager.
- Stay in the Processes tab.
- Select the program that you want to terminate -> Right-click on it -> Click End Task.
- If you see any confirmation window, then click Yes to confirm.
- Check the issue is resolved or not. If not, repeat the above steps to fix the problem permanently.
Run the Game as an Administrator
Most users have stated that they resolved the Apex Legends Keeps Crashing error by running it as an administrator. Let’s try this method on your computer.
- Open the downloaded folder of Apex Legends.
- Choose the executable (.exe) file -> Right-click on it -> Click Properties.
- Now, click on the Compatibility tab.
- Check the checkbox of Run this program as an administrator to enable it.
Launch the game and see the game is still crashing or not.
Check for Windows Updates
Due to the older versions of Windows, the game might crashes whenever you play it on your PC. We have to download the latest patches to remove the security bugs.
Most of the time, Windows will automatically download and install the latest builds when the developers release them. If you want, you can check for the newest versions through the following steps.
- Press Windows + I
- Click on Update & Security Menu
- then Click on Check for Updates under the Windows Update tab.
- Now, it searches for the latest patches and installs them on your PC.
Steps To Fix Apex Legends Keeps Crashing Issue
Below you can find the advanced methods that you can use if you still encounter the Apex Legends Keeps Crashing issue.
- Step 1
Disable Full-Screen Optimizations
The full-screen optimizations are one major reason for crashing your Apex Legends game. Disabling it on your PC might help you in fixing this problem.
- Press Windows + I -> Click System.
- You have to stay in the Display tab.
- Come to the right-side pane, click the Advanced Graphics Settings link.
- In the next step, you have to disable the full-screen optimizations by unchecking its box.
- Step 2
Repair the Game
What if the Apex Legends files are corrupted or missing? If so, then it will lead to many issues, including the crashing problem. That’s why you have to repair the game to correct these faults.
If you have downloaded the game via Origin, then follow the below steps.
- Open the Origin Client.
- Search for the Apex Legends game and click on it.
- Now, you need to select the Gear icon to see the options.
- From that, click the Repair option. Thus, it automatically verifies the game files and repairs them.
- Step 3
Decrease the Graphical Settings
When you configure the graphical settings to high, it might crash the game. Once try to set the graphics to low and check the Apex Legends Keeps Crashing issue is fixed or not.
- You have to launch the game on your PC.
- Click the Gear icon located at the bottom-right corner.
- Under the Settings, click the Video tab from top menu options.
- Select the Restore Defaults option to revert back to the original settings.
- Click the Apply button to save the changes. If you didn’t see any changes in the graphical settings, then do it manually by selecting Medium or Low option.
- Step 4
If you are still facing the problem, then try running the Compatibility Troubleshooter. It will detect and resolve the issues that are engaged with the Apex Legends.
- Go to the desktop shortcut of Apex Legends -> Right-click on it -> Click Troubleshoot Compatibility.
- Thus, it starts the program compatibility troubleshooter and detects any problems. If it finds any issues, then it resolves them.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Step 5
One of the reasons for the occurrence of these crashing problems is sync options on your Video Card. If the sync options are not compatible with the game, then you will see these kinds of issues.
Many users have resolved this problem simply by disabling the G-Sync option. So, we recommend you follow this method to overcome the crashing issue.
- Step 6
Turn Full-Screen Mode to Windowed Mode
Playing the full screen will enhance the gaming experience, but it causes some problems, like freezing, crashing, and loading errors. That’s the reason why open the game in the borderless windowed mode.
- Launch Origin Client.
- Browse the Apex Legends and click the Settings icon.
- Navigate to the Video tab on the left side.
- In the right-side pane, go to the Display Mode section.
- After that, select the Borderless Window option.
Now, run the game and check the problem is disappeared or still exists.
- Step 7
Update GPU Drivers
Suppose the Apex Legends Keeps Crashing troubling you on your PC. Then look after the latest versions of your graphics card. Expired/outdated GPU drivers will not allow you to play the game without crashing issues.
After upgrading the drivers, see the crashing issue gets fixed or not.
- Step 8
Another best trick that we offer to resolve this crashing issue is to limit the FPS. You can do so by executing the below guidelines.
- Open the Apex Legends and click the Settings icon.
- Now, go to the Game Properties.
- Select the Advanced Launch Options.
- After that, add +fps_max 90 and hit the Save button.
Rerun the Apex Legends and see the error is disappeared or not.
Note:Some users have resolved the Apex Legends Keeps Crashing problem by disabling the Game Overlays. At the same time, run the game in compatibility mode by choosing the Windows version that is lesser than the current one.
Tips To Avoid Apex Legends Keeps Crashing
Problems are very common while playing the games, but you can avoid them by following the below tips.
Contact Official Support
By researching on this problem and referring to the official forums, we have provided the above-listed troubleshooting methods. Many users have reported that they fixed the Apex Legends Keeps Crashing problem with the above tricks.
If you are still troubling with the same issue, then the best way is to uninstall the game from your PC. Also, remove the game-related files/folders completely without fail. After that, download it again either from Origin or Steam.
Suppose the game keeps crashing again after installing it freshly. Then we suggest the gamers to contact the official support team of Apex Legends. They will assist you in fixing the problem on your computer.
Final Words: Conclusion
Therefore, I conclude that the gamers of Apex Legends can resolve the crashing issues with the methods given in this post. Without any issues, they continue playing this best first-person hero shooter battle royale game on their PCs.
If anyone hacked the Apex Legends Keeps Crashing with other methods, we are most welcome to share them with us. We include those tricks in our post as they help many gamers to fix the issue.
Finally, subscribe to our blog to get in touch with several troubleshooting guides. Share or comment on this valuable post by leaving a message below.