Is Fallout 76 disconnected from the server while playing it on your Windows 10? Want to play your favorite video game without facing any server issues?
Then here are the ways that allow you to troubleshoot the Fallout 76 Disconnected From Server issue on your computer. From various sources, we have shortlisted the below valuable methods.
Bethesda Game Studios developed the Fallout game in multiple series. Fallout 2, Fallout 3, Fallout 4, and all others are wonderful games designed for Windows users.
Like other Fallout series, this Fallout 76 is also one of the player’s choice games. Millions of gamers have downloaded it on their devices, including PCs and consoles.
While playing the Fallout 76 game, they suddenly face an issue that is the game is disconnecting from the server. Most users think that it is a network issue and check their internet connection. But sometimes, the reasons might be some other and have to use a variety of methods to fix it.
For that sake, we are providing all the possible reasons and steps that can eliminate this issue on your Windows 10.
Fallout 76 Disconnected From Server: Problem Overview
Fallout 76 is an action video game and is one of the best installments in the Fallout series. Bethesda Softworks published this multiplayer game in the year 2018.
The manufacturers included stunning action sequences, and that’s why many game lovers are attracted to play it on their PCs. When the users click the play button to play this Fallout 76, some users have facing server disconnection errors.
Instead of connecting to the Fallout servers, it throws the error message saying Fallout 76 Disconnected From Server. There is no need to panic when you come across this problem.
Since many users have successfully fixed the issue, anyone can get rid of it without any doubt. Before that, let’s know the reasons that make the server to disconnect while trying to play Fallout 76.
To tackle all the issues, we are listing out the troubleshooting methods in the below paragraphs. Just go through them and execute the instructions correctly to fix it.
Fallout 76 Disconnected From Server: Related Problems
To offer additional information, we are providing all those possible areas where you can face this Fallout 76 Disconnected From Server issue, along with their solutions.
Fallout 76 Disconnected From Server: Basic Troubleshooting Steps
The users who want to eliminate this Fallout 76 Disconnected From Server can check the below basic methods.
Restart your Windows PC
Firstly, you can try solving the problem by restarting your Windows 10. Due to some hardware glitches, we face these kinds of issues while launching or playing the games.
- Press Windows logo on your keyboard -> Click the Power options -> Select the Restart icon.
Once the system gets rebooted, launch Fallout 76 and check the game is disconnecting from the server or not.
Restart your Router/Modem
Since the error states that the Fallout 76 game is disconnecting from the server, it is clearly related to the network issues. So, primarily troubleshoot the problem by power cycling your router/modem.
- Turn off the router and remove the power cables from it.
- You have to keep the router/modem idle for a few seconds and plug back the power cables to it.
- Now, switch on the router/modem and wait until the lights are turned on completely.
Once the internet is fully active, relaunch the Fallout 76 game on your PC to test the problem is solved.
Check Fallout Server Status
When the Fallout servers are down, it is impossible to play all its video games on our Windows PCs. Without knowing that, we use various methods to solve the Fallout 76 Disconnected From Server error.
Don’t worry! Check the status of the Fallout servers by visiting its official website. If the servers are really down due to maintenance or other reasons, wait until they become active.
Steps To Fix Fallout 76 Disconnected From Server Issue
If the above methods failed to solve this Fallout 76 Disconnected From Server, then there are several advanced techniques mentioned below.
- Step 1
Resetting the Winsock application is the best method that we place at the top to fix the server issues while playing Fallout 76. If you want to know how to reset the Winsock, then follow the below procedure.
- Press Windows + X -> Click Command Prompt (Admin).
- If any confirmation window pops up, then click yes to continue.
- Type the following command and press Enter.
- netsh winsock reset
- Finally, reboot the PC.
Rerun the Fallout 76 and check the game is disconnecting from the server.
- Step 2
Update Network Drivers
Are the network drivers expired on your Windows 10? Are you fed up trying the above methods? Then quickly install the latest network device drivers to come out of this trouble.
For upgrading the drivers, you have two methods, one is the manual update, and another one is the automatic update process.
If you want to upgrade the network drivers manually, then the below steps are for you.
- Press Windows + R -> Type devmgmt.msc -> Click OK.
- Expand the network adapters -> Right-click the network device -> Click Update Driver.
- Follow the on-screen instructions in order to complete the network driver update process.
Use the IObit Driver Booster on your Windows computer to upgrade the network drivers. With a single mouse click, you can start and finish the driver update process.
Once you finish the upgrade process, check the Fallout 76 is connecting to the server successfully or not.
- Step 3
Terminate High-Bandwidth Apps
In case if there are any web applications, such as OneDrive, YouTube, Netflix, and others are running on your PC, then you might see these error messages.
Since these applications consume a lot of bandwidth to run properly, you can’t play video games smoothly. Therefore, you have to close all those processes before launching Fallout 76.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the Task Manager.
- Right-click the process that you want to terminate and select the End Task option.
- Like this, you have to close all those bandwidth-consuming applications on your Windows computer.
Finally, relaunch Fallout 76 and start playing the game without engaging this issue.
- Step 4
Flush DNS & Renew IP
Domain Name System (DNS) issues are also one of the reasons for causing the Fallout 76 Disconnected From Server error. To fix this issue, you have to renew the DNS by using the below instructions.
- Press Windows + X -> Click Command Prompt (Admin).
- Once the CMD opens on your PC, type the below command and hit Enter.
- ipconfig /flushdns
- After flushing the DNS, check the problem with the Fallout 76 is fixed or not. If you still face the same problem, try renewing your IP address. For that, go through the following procedure.
- Open the Command Prompt with the Admin rights. Click the Yes button on the confirmation window to proceed further.
- Type the below commands and press Enter for executing each command.
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew
- Finally, launch Fallout 76 on your computer and see the game is disconnecting from the Fallout servers or not.
If the Fallout 76 Disconnected From Server error, then use the below methods.
- Step 5
Change the DNS Server
The final method that we offer you to solve this problem is switching the DNS to the Google Public DNS. To switch the DNS server, you can go through the mentioned steps.
- Press Windows + R -> Type control panel -> Click OK.
- Once the Control Panel opens on your PC -> Click View Network status and tasks under the Network and Internet.
- Click the Change Adapter Settings in the left-side panel.
- Locate the network that you are using currently -> Right-click the network -> Click Properties.
- Select the Internet Protocol Version 4 and click the Properties button.
- Enable the Obtain an IP address automatically and Use the following DNS server addresses.
- In the preferred DNS server and alternative DNS server fields, type the following Google Public DNS values.
- Preferred DNS Server: 18.104.22.168
- Alternative DNS Server: 22.214.171.124
- Click the OK button to save the changes.
Reboot the Windows PC and check the Fallout 76 Disconnected From Server issue is solved or not.
Tips To Avoid Fallout 76 Disconnected From Server
Contact Official Support
It has been proved that the methods discussed above have successfully solved the Fallout 76 Disconnected From Server issue. One or other technique will make to connect to the Fallout servers and allows you to play the Fallout 76 error-freely.
If the game still disconnects from the server, then clean reinstalling Fallout 76 is the best option. Sometimes, the error repeats even after reinstalling the game.
In that situation, you can contact the Bethesda Support Team. By explaining the error to their technical team, you will receive the instructions that may help you in fixing it.
Final Words: Conclusion
To sum up everything, Fallout 76 provides a thrilling experience to the users. Like other Fallout games, it is also one of the best action video games for Windows users.
Errors are very common while playing video games on our PCs, and they can be fixed with the appropriate steps. In the same manner, the Fallout 76 Disconnected From Server will be resolved with our methods.
If you face any doubts while applying the steps, then contact us so that we will clarify them. Feel free to contact us in order to ask for any other tech help.
Finally, click the subscribe button by visiting our blog to get notifications of the latest articles.