Twitch is the world’s leading video streaming application. We can watch live streaming video games, including broadcasts of various sports competitions.
If you’re encountering the Twitch Chat Not Showing error, then this troubleshooting guide is for you. We have studied it thoroughly and considered the following methods are the best ones.
In the year 2011, Twitch was launched by the top manufacturers. You can browse the contents of Twitch either through the app or online.
But in some cases, the Twitch Chat is not showing or loading on our PCs. As it is not a difficult issue, everyone can resolve it on their PCs by using the given solutions.
In addition to that, you can also use the tips in order to avoid the occurrence of this issue on your PC.
Problem Overview: Twitch Chat Not Showing
Millions of users all over the world use Twitch app on their devices. Even people browse Twitch directly online through their default browsers.
We can watch the gameplay of any video game we want. Apart from that, there are multiple categories, such as IRL (In Real Life), Music, ESports, and Creative.
Whenever we want, we can access any content of Twitch on our PCs. For that, we have to register for the Twitch service by providing our details.
Once we sign in to our Twitch account, we can live stream the gameplay, broadcast the ESports, or others. From fitness & health to special events, from politics to sports, we can stream any video content through Twitch.
Sometimes, a few people come across problems while using Twitch Chat. It does not show up or load due to some reasons. They are:
Now, get in touch with those methods that will fix the Twitch Chat Not Showing issue.
Related Problems: Twitch Chat Not Showing
Here are some errors that are related to this Twitch Chat Not Showing issue. Whenever you face them, use the given solutions to fix them.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps: Twitch Chat Not Showing
You can use the below methods only if you’re not using the restricted network to stream the Twitch service on your browser.
If you’re trying to access Twitch using the network belonging to your workplace or university, or others, then the firewalls will restrict you to use some of its features.
Refresh the Webpage
The first and foremost thing you have to do when this problem occurs is refreshing the webpage. If there are any other tabs opened on your browser, close all of them.
After that, refresh the page by clicking the Reload this page icon and check the Twitch Chat is showing or not.
Use a Different Browser
Since Google Chrome is the world’s top web browser, many of us set it as a default one. If you come across Twitch Chat Not Showing issue on your Chrome, try some other browsers and check the problem is fixed.
According to our knowledge, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge are some of the best web browsers for Windows PC. You can download and install any one of these browsers and see the Twitch Chat is loading/showing or not.
Open Twitch in Incognito Mode
Instead of loading Twitch service in a normal mode, try to open in the private window or incognito mode. There are a few users’ reviews that state they can’t come across this Twitch Chat Not Showing error when they use the Incognito Mode.
So, try your luck by surfing the Twitch service in the private window. For that,
- Launch Chrome -> Click Menu (Customize and Control Google Chrome) -> Select New Incognito Window option.
- Now, enter the website address of Twitch -> Login to your account.
If the Twitch Chat Not Showing still appears even in the Incognito Mode also, move to the further sections.
Steps To Fix Twitch Chat Not Showing Issue
Let’s don’t waste your time, go through the advanced methodologies to resolve the Twitch Chat Not Showing issue.
- Step 1
Delete Browser Cache
Browser cache harms you a lot while surfing the web on your computers or other devices. In order to load the sites faster and error-freely, you have to clear the cache from your web browser.
- Launch Google Chrome -> Click three dots placed on the top-right corner -> Click Settings.
- Scroll down the page and click Advanced -> Under the Privacy and Security, click Clear browsing data.
- Select the Advanced section -> Set the Time Range to All-Time -> Tick all the boxes to select the fields, such as cookies and other site data, browsing history, etc.
- Finally, click the Clear Data button.
After removing the browser cache, check the problem is fixed or not.
- Step 2
Disable Proxy Server
Some users use proxy servers in order to safeguard their privacy and personal data from cyber-attacks. But sometimes, these proxy servers stop doing our web activities.
We found that disabling the proxy servers resolved the Twitch Chat Not Showing error. So, try to follow the below procedure to disable the proxy settings.
- Click the Start Menu -> Select Settings.
- Go to the Network & Internet section -> Select the Proxy tab from the left panel.
- Come to the right-side pane and turn off all the options (if enabled) under the Automatic Proxy Setup section.
Relaunch Twitch service on your browser and see the Chat is showing up or not.
- Step 3
Turn Off (Disable) Third-party Extensions
Extensions on our web browsers make our job easier and quicker. Contrary, there are some drawbacks too while using the third-party add-ons on our browsers.
If the above methods failed to load or show the Twitch Chat, then disable the extensions one by one to find the problematic one and remove it to avoid these errors.
- On your Chrome browser, click the Menu icon.
- From the list, click on the More Tools -> Choose Extensions from the drop-down menu.
- You can see all the extensions installed on your Chrome. Select the add-on that you want to disable and click the toggle button under it.
- After finding the conflicting extensions, click on the Remove button to uninstall them completely.
- Step 4
Change your DNS & Flush DNS Cache
Due to issues with your DNS, Twitch Chat might not be working properly on your Windows computer. So, it is better to change the DNS to fix this issue. To do that, you have to execute the below steps.
- Go to the Taskbar -> Right-click on your network icon -> Click Open Network & Internet Settings.
- Now, click on the Change Adapter Options.
- You can see the network connections available on your Windows PC. From that, select the one that you’re using currently and right-click on it to choose Properties.
- Under the Properties window, choose the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) -> Click Properties.
- Check the radio button next to the Use the following DNS server addresses option.
- Type the following values under the respective fields.
- Preferred DNS Server: 184.108.40.206
- Alternate DNS Server: 220.127.116.11
- Save the settings by clicking the OK button.
Once you complete the above steps, check the Twitch Chat Not Showing issue is disappeared. If not, we recommend you flush the DNS cache to fix it.
- Press Windows + X -> Select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type ipconfig /flushdns command and press Enter.
By executing this command, it will clear the DNS cache completely.
- Step 5
Add Twitch to Whitelist of your Adblocker
In order to surf the internet ad-freely and protect our privacy, we use Adblock software on our browsers. If you’ve installed any Adblock extension on your Chrome or other browsers, then disable it temporarily to resolve this issue.
After disabling, check the Twitch Chat is loading correctly. If the problem is fixed, then open the Adblock settings and add Twitch to the exclusion list.
- Step 6
Restart your Router
If none of the methods discussed above fixed the Twitch Chat Not Showing issue, then restart your router. Due to internet connectivity issues, Twitch will show these kinds of problems.
Therefore, restart your router to load the Twitch Chat without any issues.
- Turn off your Router by pressing the power button.
- You need to wait for a few minutes by leaving your router idle.
- After that, turn on your router again.
- Once your router starts fully, launch your browser and load the Twitch service to check the problem is solved or not.
Tips To Avoid Twitch Chat Not Showing
Contact Official Support
It is best if the Twitch Chat is working finely after using the above solutions. In case if the Twitch Chat Not Showing error still persists, then this section will help you.
If none of the methods fixed the problem, then there might be some issue with the Twitch service. Either it could be a server-side error or some other else.
In this situation, you have to contact the official support team of Twitch. You can contact them through its official Twitter page.
Or else ask for help by typing your issue in the search box and waiting for the results.
Final Words: Conclusion
To sum up everything, streamers can make use of the Twitch service to watch the gameplay of various video games.
In case if the Twitch Chat will not show or load on your PC, then upgrading the browser, clearing browser cache, disabling extensions, and restarting your router can fix it.
If you own any methods other than the above ones, please share them with us to help many users. For any compliments or complaints, directly contact us via the comment box.
In case if you think this troubleshooting guide is valuable, share it with your friends and family members. Comment on this post after fixing the issue with our methods.