Is Turtle Beach Headset Not Working while gaming on your PC? Then you’ve landed on the right place. In this post, we explain the methods that troubleshoot this issue and make the headphones work properly.
Let’s get into the details of Turtle Beach. It is one of the best Canadian headset manufacturing companies, especially gaming headphones.
The stylish design, attractive features, sound effects, and different models are some of its specialties. One can plug this Turtle Beach headset into their PCs, Xbox, PlayStation, and Switch consoles.
In recent times, people are complaining that the headset stops functioning when they are playing games. That’s why we came here to offer the best solutions to fix it.
In addition to that, this article will let you know the tips that keep you away from these problems.
Problem Overview: Turtle Beach Headset Not Working
Headsets became one of the parts of our human body. From children to aged people, everyone is using headsets in their daily life.
To listen to their favorite albums, talk to people, video conferences, and gaming, we use headsets on our devices. Since the demand for these headsets increasing, manufacturers are producing a variety of designs/models.
Especially for game lovers, there are hundreds of gaming headsets. Logitech and Corsair are very popular in providing gaming headsets.
Along with these, Turtle Beach is also giving a tough competition in manufacturing the gaming headset with advanced features.
It is gaining the support of several gamers with its attractive designs and game-changing sounds. By visiting its official site, one can purchase their favorite headset at a reasonable cost.
But the Turtle Beach Headset troubles us in some cases while playing the games. It stops providing sounds, and it does not allow you to use the microphone.
When this problem occurs, we are unable to communicate with our co-players. The gaming performance also degrades if we can’t hear the audio.
That’s why you have to troubleshoot the Turtle Beach Headset Not Working issue as soon as possible. First, let’s see the reasons that cause this problem.
There could be some other reasons, but the above are the major ones. Now, it’s time to look after the solutions that fix it.
Related Problems: Turtle Beach Headset Not Working
Before moving to the actual methods, check out the similar problems of Turtle Beach Headset.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps: Turtle Beach Headset Not Working
It’s time to check out the basic methods that resolve the Turtle Beach Headset Not Working issue on your Windows 11 PC.
Unplug and Replug Turtle Beach Headset
Unknowingly, some people connect their headsets loosely to the PCs. With this, your device doesn’t detect the headsets. And we think that our Turtle Beach headset is not working, but actually, the fault is on our side.
So, whenever you come across these kinds of issues, check whether the headset is inserted properly. If you found any loose connection, unplug and replug it properly to your computer.
If the headset still not works, then check out several other tricks mentioned below.
Check for the Hardware Issues
Apart from the loose connections, there could be some other hardware issues that cause this issue. Let’s follow the below instructions.
- Remove the Turtle Beach Headset from the USB port (if you’re using a wired headset) -> Clean the USB slot to remove the dust -> Now, replug the headset and check the issue is fixed.
- Also, check whether the Headset cables are damaged or broken. If you found any such, then immediately repair them to avoid these issues.
- If you’re using a wireless Turtle Beach headset, make sure the distance between the devices is within the limit, and the USB dongle is properly connected.
- At last, check the Turtle Beach is working or not by connecting it to another computer.
If you didn’t find any hardware issues, use other tricks to tackle this problem.
Unmute the Volume
Though it sounds weird, the Turtle Beach Headset Not Working issue occurs when the volume is muted completely. With a simple click on the volume icon, we can resolve this problem on our Windows devices.
Steps To Fix Turtle Beach Headset Not Working Issue
If the basic tricks won’t help you, then use the advanced methods listed below to fix it.
- Step 1
Enable your Headset
The first and foremost thing that you have to check is the headset microphone is enabled on your PC. Go through the below steps to enable the Turtle Beach headset mic.
- Go to the Taskbar -> Right-click on the Volume icon -> Click Sounds.
- Click on the Recording tab -> Right-click on your headset -> Choose Enable.
- You will see a right mark in the green color as an indication that the headset is enabled on your Windows PC.
- Click on the Apply and OK buttons to save the changes.
Now, check the Turtle Beach headset is working when gaming on your PC or not.
- Step 2
Set your Turtle Beach as the Input Device
Turtle Beach headset might not be configured as the input audio device on your computer. That is the reason why the headset is not working while gaming.
Therefore, change the audio settings and set the headset as the default input device on your Windows 11.
- Go to the Taskbar -> Right-click on the Volume icon -> Choose Open Sound Settings.
- Under the Input section, choose the Turtle Beach headset from the drop-down menu.
- After that, click on the App volume and device preferences.
- In the next step, you can set the volume. At the same time, you can change the input & output device for various applications.
Now, check the Turtle Beach headset is working on your computer or not.
- Step 3
Update Sound Drivers
Are you still facing the Turtle Beach Headset Not Working issue? Then check the sound drivers on your Windows 11. Why because the older audio drivers will not support the audio devices to work.
Windows always recommend its users to upgrade both operating system and device drivers. Follow the simple procedure to update the audio drivers on your computer.
- Press Windows + R -> Type devmgmt.msc -> Click OK.
- Expand Audio Inputs and Outputs -> Right-click the Microphone (Realtek High Definition Audio) -> Click Update Driver.
- Choose Search automatically for the updated driver software.
- You need to follow some more steps to complete the update process.
After that, restart the device and check the headset is working normally or not.
- Step 4
Allow Access to Use Headset Mic on your Windows
By default, Windows turns off the microphone access on your PC. You need to enable it whenever you want. So, when this Turtle Beach Headset stops working, check the microphone access is turned on or off.
If it is disabled, execute the given steps to turn it On on your Windows device.
- Click on the Start Menu -> Type Microphone in the search console -> Select Microphone Privacy Settings from the results.
- Come to the right-side panel, click on the Change button.
- Click on the toggle button to turn on the Microphone access for this device.
Once you’ve enabled the option, check the Turtle Beach is working while playing the games or not.
- Step 5
Disable & Re-enable your Headset Mic
If none of the methods fix the Turtle Beach Headset Not Working issue, disable and re-enable it on your PC. You have to do this through the Device Manager.
- Press Windows + X -> Select Device Manager from the menu list.
- Double-click the Audio Inputs and Outputs section -> Right-click the headset -> Click Disable Device.
- After that, right-click again on the Headset -> Click Enable Device.
After re-enabling the device, check if the Turtle Beach is working correctly.
Tips To Avoid Turtle Beach Headset Not Working
Contact Official Support
Turtle Beach Headset Not Working is a simple issue and can be resolved with the given methods. If the headset still does not work, you need to use some other alternatives listed in this section.
Take the Turtle Beach Headset to the computer and hardware peripheral repair store. Explain the issue and ask them to repair your headset.
If your headset is under warranty, then contact the customer support of Turtle Beach and ask them to replace this damaged product.
If the warranty period is completed, that means your headset is older, then purchasing a new one is the only option.
Final Words: Conclusion
On the whole, we can easily find why the headset is not working and fix it with simple techniques. If you don’t understand anything in this article, feel free to contact us.
We are here to clarify all your doubts and provide our best suggestions. Want to share your own hacks that fix this Turtle Beach Headset Not Working issue? Then use the comment section to post the instructions.
Users who want to know the information on the best gaming headsets can contact our team via the comment section. Whenever you face any PC and gaming issue, just leave a message. Within a short time, we come up with the best solutions to fix it.