Rocket League Lag is the most frustrating and irritating error faced by gamers on their Windows 10 PCs. If you are the one who engages with the same issue, then this troubleshooting guide is for you.
First of all, let us know a little bit of information about this Rocket League game. It is one of the leading vehicular soccer games designed with tremendous graphics and animations.
Psyonix developed this video game for multiple platforms, such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, Linux, etc.
While trying to launch the Rocket League game, it takes more time to load on our devices. Mostly, this kind of behavior observes after upgrading the game.
To learn more about this Rocket League Lag issue, read the following sections carefully.
Rocket League Lag: Problem Overview
Players are showing much interesting in playing different kinds of video games on their consoles, desktops, mobiles, etc. For that reason, developers are coming up with new games.
Rocket League is one such video game where a gamer can enjoy while playing it on their devices. You can download this vehicular soccer video game for free of cost on your computer.
Presently, the developers are released Season 4 in this Rocket League game. Compared to other games, gamers can enjoy the gameplay of this video game.
There are some hard times where players can face troubles with this Rocket League game. When you click on the play button, it starts stuttering or lagging on your PC.
Due to this lagging issue, gamers are losing interest in playing this game. Sometimes, they frustrate and uninstall the game from their desktops.
But don’t worry! There are some techniques that will help you in fixing the Rocket League Lag error. Before that, know all those causes that lag the game.
After knowing the reason for this lagging issue, select the right method and fix it.
Rocket League Lag: Related Problems
In this section, you are going to learn some more problems that are related to this Rocket League Lag issue.
Rocket League Lag: Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Step into the below basic methods that we are providing to resolve the Rocket League Lag issue on your Windows 10.
Restart your Windows PC
If your computer is affected by any hardware issue, then the applications, including the video games, will load slowly. That’s the reason why we face severe lagging issues.
With a simple reboot of your computer, we might resolve the problem and play the game without any issues.
Test your Internet Speed
Which network are you using on your Windows PC? Are you using free Wi-Fi internet or wired internet? The gamers who use the wireless connection are almost facing this Rocket League Lag error.
In case if you are seeing the lagging problem even you’re using a dedicated network, then the internet speed is very slow.
To know the speed of your internet, test it by executing the below instructions.
- Open your web browser -> Type Test Internet Speed on the address bar and hit Enter.
- Click SpeedTest by Ookla -> Click Go.
- It will show detailed information about the downloading and uploading speed of your internet.
In case if there are network connectivity issues, reboot your router or else contact the Internet Service Provider.
Check Server Status
Sometimes, the servers of the Rocket League game will be down. Due to any maintenance, the servers of any app will go down for a certain time. After that, they will resume back and offer their services as usual.
So, check the current status of the Rocket League servers. If you found its servers down, then you need to postpone your gameplay until the servers are back.
Steps To Fix Rocket League Lag Issue
After trying the above basic methods and still facing the same problem, scroll down to check out some more tricks to fix the lagging issue while launching this Rocket League.
- Step 1
Turn Off CPU Overclocking
To enhance the gaming performance and play with a wonderful experience, many gamers enable the CPU Overclocking feature. But there are some drawbacks too with this Overclocking.
Disable or turn off the Overclocking option on your computer and see the Rocket League game is loading faster or not. If the game still lags or stutter, then continue to the next method.
- Step 2
Install the Latest GPU Drivers
Did you upgrade your graphics card drivers on your Windows 10? Are other GPU applications running quite faster compared to this Rocket League game?
If you have not installed the latest GPU drivers, then the graphics-related apps & games will not load quickly. The one and only solution to fix this Rocket League Lag is updating the graphics card drivers.
You have two different paths for getting your drivers up-to-date. Those are the manual update process and automatic update. For the manual one, read the below steps.
- Open the Device Manager by selecting it from the Windows + X menu.
- Find the Display Adapters section and double-click on it -> Right-click on it to select the Update Driver option.
- You have to follow the on-screen steps to complete the update process correctly.
- Once, you finish the entire steps, reboot the system and launch the game to test the issue is solved or not.
For an automatic driver update process, you just need the driver updater, and that too the best one. From our knowledge, IObit Driver Booster provides the best service in upgrading the drivers automatically.
- Step 3
Modify Game Settings
Some users, without any knowledge, change the game settings. From that moment, the game starts lagging on their Windows desktops. To play the Rocket League without any errors, you should correct them as we mentioned below.
- Press Windows + E -> Open the installation folder of Rocket League -> Locate its executable file & right-click on it -> Select Properties from the context menu.
- From the Rocket League Properties window, click the Compatibility tab.
- Enable the Override high DPI scaling behavior. scaling performed by: by ticking the box -> Select Application from the drop-down list.
- Below you will see the Disable fullscreen optimizations, so check the checkbox to enable it.
- Finally, save the settings by clicking the Apply and OK buttons.
After rebooting the computer, check the Rocket League is launching faster.
- Step 4
Configure your Windows Settings
Are you running multiple programs at a time on your Windows PC? Then obviously the computer will slow down. To come out of this situation, you need to change the Windows settings as we provided in the below steps.
- Right-click the empty area of the System Tray -> Click Task Manager.
- Go to the Startup tab -> You will see all the programs that are running automatically at the startup time -> Select the app that you don’t want to run at startup -> Click Disable.
- Repeat the above step to disable all those unwanted applications.
Now, you will see your computer will boot faster, and the game will not show any lagging problem.
In addition to that, you have to select more boot processors to load the game faster and smoother. For that,
- Press Windows + R -> Type msconfig -> Click OK.
- Navigate to the Boot tab -> Click on your Windows OS -> Go with the Advanced Options button.
- Enable the Number of Processors by checking the box -> Click the highest number (4) -> Click OK -> Click Apply and OK in the System Configuration window.
- In the pop-up window, click the Exit without restart button to confirm the changes.
- Step 5
Verify the Game Integrity
Apart from the above, the corrupted game files are also one of the reasons for the game lagging issue. To fix it, you have to validate the game files by executing the below steps.
- First of all, launch Steam Client and log in to your account by providing your credentials.
- Go to the Library -> Right-click the Rocket League -> Select Properties.
- From the Rocket League Properties, navigate to the Local Files tab.
- You have to click on the last option, named Verify the integrity of the game cache.
It starts validating the files of the Rocket League game and repairs the damaged ones. After finishing the process, launch the game to check the error is solved or not.
- Step 6
Update Rocket League Game
Some users have complained that the game is lagging after installing the latest patches. But without any new updates also, the game is showing this kind of behavior.
So, check for the latest game patches released by Psyonix and install them on your Windows computer. It will help in fixing the bugs, enhance the gaming performance, and provides new features.
After upgrading the Rocket League game, launch it to test the lagging issue is solved on your PC.
Tips To Avoid Rocket League Lag
Contact Official Support
From the above sections, the Rocket League Lag issue can be resolved with one of the given solutions. According to the reports, gamers have successfully solved the error with the provided instructions.
In case if you failed to fix this lagging error, you may try a simple technique that is uninstalling and reinstalling the Rocket League. After installing it freshly, check the game loads quickly or not.
If you again see the same error, then contact the support team of Rocket League. You can explain the problem and tricks that you have tried and get different solutions from them.
Final Words: Conclusion
In conclusion, I would like to say that Rocket League is a stunning video game developed by the experts of Psyonix. It provides the full-length procedure for almost all the problems while launching or playing Rocket League on our PCs.
When the game starts slowly or keeps on loading, you can get rid of it by applying the given techniques. Players who have fixed it with their own tricks can share those details with us through this post.
If you have any doubts about this troubleshooting guide, then post your questions in the following comment box. We will reply to you with the appropriate solution within no time. Thank you for your love and support.