Last Updated on July 29, 2020 by Admin
Are you facing issues with the Omegle camera not working? Let’s head into a bit detail about Omegle. Omegle is a renowned online chatting website. It connects strangers via video chat normal text chat as well. It is a secure website as it does not disclose your personal information until you want to. Here the webcam (Or Camera) is an essential requirement to establish interesting video chats.
But many users have reported that the camera is not working with the Omegle website. Users have encountered error message “Error with the camera: Requested device not found”. As per the user’s complaint, the video doesn’t load when they try to use it with the Omegle website.
No need to worry as we are going to talk on cause with authentic solutions. We advise you to follow our methods carefully.
Omegle Camera Not Working: Problem Overview
Let’s geek into the cause of the “Omegle Camera not working” issue. Usually under this user are unable to establish any video chat. We can understand how awkward this can be to have a video chat date but not able to connect. Many users found that the camera got shut in between the conversation.
As per our research, we found that the camera is working fine in other applications like skype, Duo, Messenger, etc. But while using Omegle, it simply fails to work. Mostly “Omegle camera not working” issue is seen with Google Chrome browser users. Make sure you are not following any unauthentic links. Other browser users are also facing this issue.
There can be various reason behind this issue, some of them are listed below:
Omegle Camera Not Working: Related Problems
Many other related issues are hindering users while using Camera over the Omegle website. Our methods apply to all the below-mentioned related problems as well.
Steps To Fix Omegle Camera Not Working Problem
Now you know the cause and related problems with the Omegle website. Let’s head towards fixing the “Omegle Camera not working” issue. After extensive research, we have included all these steps. We advise you to go ideally and as per instructions.
Switch to another Browser
In case you are a Google Chrome user then just switch to another browser. Recently Google has changed its policy. Now it is allowing webcams and microphones over HTTPS. Omegle gets ineligible here as it is an HTTP site. In this situation, you should consider using other browsers like Firefox or Edge. These websites include HTTP in its policy.
Once you have switched, try using Camera over the Omegle website to check if the issue “Omegle Camera not working” got fixed or not. In case it is still there then go for our next method.
Note: We advise you to update your Adobe Flash Player if you are using any other browser then Google Chrome. You can do it manually or just by downloading and installing your windows updates. You can do it using Method 3 (Under “To Update Microsoft Edge”) provided ahead.
Check on Other Applications that Require the Camera
In case your camera is being used by some other application then you will face this issue. As when your browser will try to access the camera the permission will get denied. This is the reason you need to check on all the applications which use the camera installed in your system. Like Skype, Whatsapp web, Google hangouts, Duo, etc.
This will find out the applications conflicting with the camera. Simply take away the permissions of all the other applications which require a camera. Do this on temporary bases to check whether the camera works over the Omegle site or not.
In case the “Omegle camera not working” issue got fixed. You need to find out the application conflicting here. To do so simply enable the permission for camera one by one. And check over Omegle site after each enables to find the culprit.
Follow below steps to disable applications which have camera access:
- Open the settings windows by pressing the Windows logo key with alphabet “I” together.
- Tap on the “Privacy” option and then choose “Camera”.
- Go down to find the “Choose which Microsoft Store apps can access your camera” option. Here you will find all the apps, just “Disable” all these apps.
Once it is done check whether your camera is working with the Omegle website or not. In case it works, go for enabling the disabled apps one by one simultaneously checking the camera status over Omegle website.
Once you found the application after enabling which your camera stopped working with Omegle. That application is your culprit, just disable it. After this “Omegle Camera not working” issue will get fixed.
In case this solution doesn’t work for you, go for the next method.
Update your Respective Browser
Updates fix up minor bugs and make your browser smooth. An outdated browser can encounter issues like Camera not working with Omegle. We have included steps to update the most used browsers Microsoft Edge, Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox below. Follow the steps as per your requirement.
To Update Microsoft Edge
Microsoft Edge users need to check on all the windows latest updates. Just download them and install them. Edges update is included in the Windows update. To do so follow the below steps.
- Tap on Windows logo key with alphabet “I” to view Settings screen.
- Choose the “Updates & Security” option to open.
- In the right pane look for Windows update and tap on the “Check for updates” option. This will start downloading the required pending updates. Once it is downloaded it will ask you to restart to install it. Just restart and wait till this gets finished.
Once it is done go to the Omegle website via Microsoft edge browser to check if the error “Omegle camera not working” got fixed or not.
Note: It also includes Adobe flash player updates, which is responsible for your systems media or camera-related features. So, doing this will work for both the things.
To Update Chrome
- Open Google Chrome browser and tap on the three dots available on the top right side to access the Menu.
- Tap on the “Help” option. Then go to the “About Google Chrome” option.
- If the latest version is available, tap on “Update Google Chrome” and wait till it gets completed.
- Afterwards restart Google Chrome and go to the Omegle website to check the camera is working or not.
To Update Mozilla Firefox
- Open the Firefox web browser and tap on the “Menu” toggle available in the top right corner.
- Tap on the “Help” option. Then go to the “About Firefox” option.
- Tap on “Restart to Update Firefox” toggle and wait till it gets completed. Firefox will get restarted automatically once it is done.
Once it is done check whether the “Omegle camera not working” issue got fixed or not. In case it is not, head for the next method.
Go for Clearing up your Browsers Cookies and Cache
Browser cookies are responsible for various glitches sometimes. Like the frozen website, crashing of the browser, or unable to use some functions or external devices. This can be fixed up just by clearing cookies.
Steps of clearing up your browser’s cookies and caches depend on the browser you are using. We have included the steps for most generally used browsers like Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, and Firefox Mozilla Firefox.
For Microsoft Edge users
- Open the Edge and tap on the “Menu” toggle available on the top right side.
- Tap on the “Settings” option. Then choose the “Privacy & Security” option.
- Now tap on “Choose what to clear” toggle. You will see some boxes to choose what you want to clear, just mark the boxes as per your will. Then tap on “Clear” toggle.
For Google Chrome users
- Open Google Chrome browser and tap on the three dots available on the top right side to access the Menu.
- Tap on the “Settings” option then scroll down and choose “Advanced”.
- Look for the “Clear browsing data” available below the “Update & Security” option. Make choices as per your requirement then tap on “Clear data” toggle.
For Mozilla Firefox users
- Open your Firefox browser and choose “Menu” available in the top right corner click on options.
- Go for Options then tap on “Privacy & Security”.
- Now Go for “Cookies and Site Data” option and tap on “Clear Data..” option. Once done tap on “Clear” to finish.
Once you are done with clearing the browser’s cookies and cache. Check whether the “Omegle camera not working” issue got fixed or not. In case it persists go for our next method.
Go for Updating your Camera or Webcam Driver
An outdated webcam (or Camera) driver can be the culprit here. There are minor bugs which can conflict while connecting with websites like Omegle. This can be fixed up by updating it to the latest version. This will fix the “Omegle camera not working” issue by removing compatibility differences.
Follow the below steps to update your systems camera or Webcam driver:
- Tap on Windows logo keys with alphabet “X” and choose “Device Manager” option.
- Go for “Cameras” (Or Imaging Devices) option, tap on it to expand. Now right tap on whichever driver is there and choose “Update Drivers”.
- Afterwards expand “Sound, video, and game controllers” and right tap on webcam and choose “Update Driver”.
Once it is finished, restart your system ad check whether the issue “Omegle camera not working” got fixed or not.
Note: After trying all the above methods, the issue “Omegle camera not working” persists then we advise you to contact customer support. The issue can be with your system or with your external webcam.
Tips to Avoid Omegle Camera Not Working Problem
Contact Official Support
Moreover, you can go for Website Omegle support. Also, you should try contacting the official customer support of your respective browser. Like Google Chrome support, Mozilla Firefox Support, Microsoft Edge support, etc.
If above doesn’t work then, go for your respective system support. You can go for online support via chat or call. Make sure you have all the required details of your system. You can visit the nearest service center of your system. Also, take your webcam so that they can find the culprit. In case the fault is in webcam, you will need to replace it with a new one.
Like if you are a Lenovo user, then visit any Lenovo service center. Make sure you carry your warranty card if it is under warranty period.
Final Words: Conclusion
Overall, the methods mentioned in this blog are important and need to be exercised as per given instructions. All these methods have been pre-tested by our expert team. One of them will surely work for you. In case you get stuck at any step, don’t hesitate to contact us via the comment section. We are always there to help out our readers.
Also, we are waiting for your valuable feedback. In case you fix the “Omegle camera not working” issue, let us know the method worked for you.