Last updated on March 23rd, 2021 at 01:20 am
If you are facing the MSI Keyboard Not Working problem, you will surely fix it by going through this post.
MSI is a branded company that develops gaming desktops and laptops. Game lovers prefer to use these systems for a great experience while playing video & animated games.
Though MSI Laptops or PCs are the best ones, it troubles us due to various issues. One such problem that users encounter is MSI Keyboard Not Working.
The keyboard of the system stops working because of multiple reasons. If you are the one who is searching for tips to fix the error, then follow the methods given below.
MSI Keyboard Not Working: Problem Overview
MSI is a multinational company that produces gaming PCs, laptops, and other products. For video game users, it is the best system to play without any interruptions.
The excellent user interface and graphics of the MSI laptops enhance the gaming experience. They feel thrilling while playing racing, animated, and other kinds of games.
But in some cases, the user will face keyboard issues. When pressing the keys on your keyboard, it will not show on the screen. Mainly a particular set of keys does not work, such as R, C, F, Backspace, and others.
This problem is faced by many MSI users, and it is not a severe problem. But it has to be fixed immediately whenever encounters on your system.
That’s why we came up with this post. You can get all those wonderful fixes that can solve the MSI Keyboard Not Working issue.
Before that, you can check-out the reasons for the occurrence of this keyboard issue.
There might be any one of the reasons for this MSI Keyboard Not Working issue. Regardless of the cause, you can fix it by using the below-listed methods.
MSI Keyboard Not Working: Related Problems
There are some other problems that are related to this MSI Keyboard Not Working. You can check-out them in this section, along with the solutions.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
In the first case, you should follow the basic troubleshooting methods. These techniques might solve the MSI Keyboard Not Working error. Execute the procedure as we provide to avoid any mistakes.
Restart the Laptop
Sometimes, you can solve a few kinds of errors with simple techniques. Whether it is due to software or hardware, following the basic troubleshooting method can fix it.
That’s why we suggest the users who are facing MSI Keyboard Not Working can resolve it by restarting the system. We are not sure whether it will help you or not. But performing this activity takes less than two minutes.
There are multiple ways to reboot the MSI laptop. They are:
- Click the Windows or Start Menu and select the Restart option under the Power icon.
- Press Alt and F4 keys to see the Shutdown wizard. Select the Restart option from the drop-down list.
Check the Keyboard
Due to dust particulars and some other issues, the keyboard does not work well. While typing on the keyboard, some keys will work correctly. But a few of them do not show on the display even after pressing the keys repeatedly.
Before going to further process, make sure that the inbuilt keyboard works or not. To check that, connect the external keyboard to the laptop. Now, type the keys on the removable keyboard. See whether the keys are shown on the laptop screen.
If the external keyboard works perfectly, then the problem is with the connected one. That’s why clean the keyboard neatly. You can also clean it using the tiny vacuum keyboard cleaner.
Check the Battery
Using the keyboard for long hours causes the battery to overheat. If there any issues with the battery, we face this MSI Keyboard Not Working error.
By turning off the laptop for some time, we can fix the overheating problem. Also, plug the extra RAM so that the laptop runs without any battery issues.
In case if the battery is good, then it might be some other reason for this error. Follow the below sections to know the advanced methods that can fix the keyboard not working issue.
Steps To Fix MSI Keyboard Not Working Issue
If none of the simple tips and tricks listed above will solve the problem, then use these most-preferred techniques.
- Step 1
Update the Keyboard Driver
Hardware components work only when we use the compatible drivers. If the drivers are expired, or the device gets infected with the virus, then we face hardware issues.
Any device, such as Motherboard, Printer, and Keyboard, works only when we use up-to-date drivers. Thus, immediately check the keyboard drivers. If it is outdated, then follow the below steps to upgrade it.
- Go to the Start Menu and click on it.
- Now, type device manager and select the best matches in the result section.
- When the Device Manager appears on your laptop, select the keyboard drivers.
- Right-click on it and choose the Update Driver option.
- In the next step, click the Search for the updated driver software option.
- After that, follow some on-screen instructions to complete the keyboard drivers.
- Reboot the laptop and see that your keyboard works or not.
- Step 2
Uninstall & Reinstall the Keyboard Driver
Didn’t you fix the MSI Keyboard Not Working even after updating the keyboard drivers? Then uninstall and reinstall it completely on your laptop. For uninstalling the keyboard device,
- Press Windows + R to open the Run dialog.
- Type the devmgmt.msc command and hit Enter.
- The Device Manager opens on your display.
- Identify the keyboard driver and expand it. Choose the Standard PS/2 Keyboard. Select the Uninstall Device option from the right-click context menu.
- Thus, it uninstalls the keyboard successfully on your MSI laptop.
After that, reboot the system without reinstalling the keyboard drivers. When the laptop gets restarted, it automatically reinstalls the keyboard drivers. Thus, the keys on your keyboard start working perfectly without any issues.
- Step 3
Scan the System With Antivirus
Viruses entirely damage the desktop or laptop. It stops running the programs of your system. In the same case, the virus infections make the hardware components to stop working properly.
Without using any antivirus or anti-malware tools, the files and data get infected with dangerous viruses. If you want to install any security suite, then we suggest the BullGuard Antivirus or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
- Open the antivirus software on your MSI laptop and perform a full system scan.
- By using the Full Scan Mode, it checks all the included files, folders, drives, registry, and services on your system.
- Thus, it identifies and removes the infected items to avoid further damages.
- By this, the MSI Keyboard Not Working error disappears from your system.
- Step 4
Clean install Windows 10
Are you using an up-to-date Windows operating system? Still, you are seeing MSI Keyboard Not Working error. Then reinstall the Windows by executing the below guidelines.
- Use Windows & I keys to open the Settings page on your MSI Laptop.
- Now, select the Update & Security section.
- Click the Recovery option placed in the left-side panel.
- Under the Reset this PC section, click the Get Started button.
- You can either choose “Keep My Files” or “Remove Everything” options.
- To clean install Windows 10, you have to choose the Remove Everything option.
- For cleaning the items on your drives, click the Just Remove My Files option.
- Finally, click the Reset option. Thus, it starts the resetting process and takes several minutes to complete.
- Once it finishes successfully, the MSI laptop opens. Now, the Keyboard will work without any troubles.
- Step 5
Use the External Keyboard
Mostly MSI users solve the keyboard not working problems with the above solutions. In a rare situation, they still face the MSI Keyboard Not Working problem.
Then we suggest the users replace the inbuilt keyboard with a new one. If you have a warranty on your system, then contact the service providers and change it.
Or else, just change the keyboard and start working on your laptop. It costs very much to buy and install a new keyboard. In such a case, we advise you to connect the external keyboard and use it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Do I Unlock My MSI Keyboard?
- First of all, check whether the Filer Keys are turned on your laptop. If so, quickly turn off them to unlock the keyboard.
- Press and hold the right SHIFT key for eight seconds. By this, it unlocks your keyboard.
- You can also fix this issue by updating and reinstall the keyboard drivers.
- Moreover, check the keyboard layout to make the correct keys shown on the screen when you type it.
How Do I Reset My Keyboard?
- Unplug the keyboard of your system.
- After that, press and hold the ESC key.
- When you are pressing the ESC key, plug in the keyboard to your PC.
- You need to hold the ESC key until you see the light on your keyboard.
- In the next step, again unplug the keyboard and connect it to the system.
How Do I Turn Off Scroll Lock?
- Click the Start Menu and choose the Settings or Gear Icon.
- After that, click the Ease of Access category.
- Select Keyboard under the Interaction section placed in the left side panel.
- Click the toggle button under the Use the On-Screen Keyboard to turn it on.
- After that, you will see the keyboard on your display. Now, click the ScrLK button.
Tips To Avoid MSI Keyboard Not Working Issue
Contact Official Support
By conducting thorough research on the error, we listed out these methods. In the end, you will fix the MSI Keyboard Not Working.
According to user reviews, many users have overcome this keyboard problem. But a few people commented that cannot solve the error even after applying the techniques.
Those users who still face the problem with their MSI Laptops can visit the nearest service centers. The professionals or technical experts can easily fix the issue.
Moreover, the MSI Gaming Laptop users can visit the authorized technicians to resolve the Keyboard Not Working error. Explain the problem clearly and make it fixed by the experts.
Final Words: Conclusion
On the whole, the users have to fix the keyboard problems to use it without any issues. Even though we can use virtual keyboards, but it is not as convenient as the inbuilt one.
Due to over usage or driver issues, the keyboard will not work correctly. In the above sections, we discussed the causes of this error and solutions to fix it.
If you have any other troubleshooting method that solves this error, spare your valuable time, and share it with us to help others.
Want to thank or suggest anything regarding this post? Just leave a message in the below comment section.