In recent times, many users are complaining about problems with the Mordhau game. While launching Mordhau on the Windows desktops, it crashes suddenly.
If anyone currently facing this Mordhau Crashing issue, this article will help you in fixing it. In this guide, we will let you know the methods that troubleshoot the issue.
Mordhau is a medieval hack and slash video game. This first and third-person multiplayer fighting game is developed by Triternion.
If you have a Steam account, then you can go to its store and purchase the Mordhau game. It includes several features that attract the users, such as in-depth character customization, offline play, fight anywhere, etc.
Though there are many advanced features, it troubles players a few times. Whenever we try to launch it on our desktops, it crashes without any notice.
Due to this, some users are uninstalling the game and others are searching for remedies to fix it. If you want to fix this Mordhau Crashing, go through the methods given below.
Problem Overview: Mordhau Crashing
Mordhau is a fighting & shooting video game architectured by the experts of Slovenian Studio Triternion. The mode of this medieval game is multiplayer, so a group of people connect together and play it on their devices.
Especially, the developers developed this Mordhau game for Microsoft Windows users. Players can enjoy the gameplay while playing it on large screens.
As a player, you have to fight in the battles by using your combat skills. Those who are interested in combat forces or shooting or action sequences can play this game.
But there are such hard times where we come across crashing issues while playing or launching the Mordhau game. The reasons for this issue are as follows:
Apart from the above, there could be some other reasons, but the above ones stand first. To know the methods that fix this problem, scroll down the below-sections.
Related Problems: Mordhau Crashing
Now, let’s see a few crashing scenarios that you will encounter while playing Mordhau on your PC.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps: Mordhau Crashing
Don’t wait any more check out the basic methods that will fix the Mordhau Crashing issue on your Windows 10 PC.
Check Your System and Mordhau Requirements
The major reason for crashing the Mordhau game while playing it is insufficient PC requirements. If your computer is not compatible with the minimum game requirements, it will crash, stutter, and freeze.
So, to play this Mordhau error-freely, your PC must possess the following requirements.
Run Mordhau & Steam as an Administrator
Mordhau Crashing issue occurs when you’re running Steam and Mordhau with insufficient permissions. In order to run these apps or games, you require some special rights.
Therefore, you have to relaunch Steam and Mordhau with admin rights to avoid these issues.
- Go to your desktop and right-click the Steam shortcut -> Click Properties.
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab -> Enable the Run this program as an administrator by checking its box.
- Save the changes by clicking the OK button.
After that, you have to execute the below instructions to launch Mordhau as an administrator.
- Press Windows + E -> Open the installation folder of Mordhau -> Right-click on the executable file of Mordhau -> Select Properties from the context menu.
- Go to the Compatibility tab -> Check the Run this program as an administrator -> Click OK.
Now, check the Mordhau is crashing or running properly. If you still face it, use the below methods.
Set Mordhau to High Priority
Based on the priority for the processes only, the CPU resources are allocated. If the Mordhau is configured with a low priority, then you might face crashing troubles.
So, change its priority to high by following the below instructions.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open the Task Manager.
- Go to the Details tab -> Right-click the Mordhau process -> Select Set Priority -> Choose High or Above Normal.
Close the Task Manager window and relaunch the Mordhau game to test the game is crashing or not.
Steps To Fix Mordhau Crashing Issue
If you can’t fix the Mordhau Crashing with the basic tricks, then try several other advanced methods listed below.
- Step 1
In order to enhance the CPU performance, many gamers overclock their devices to increase the FPS. Though it benefits in improving the system speed, it troubles a lot while gaming on our PCs.
Mordhau belongs to that category that won’t load when the Overclocking feature is enabled on your computer. So, you have to turn off the Overclocking option to play this fighting game crash-freely.
After disabling, reboot your device and relaunch the game to test the error appears again or not.
- Step 2
Turn Off Antivirus Software Temporarily
We all know that antivirus protects our devices from viruses, malware, etc. But it causes some troubles while gaming on our Microsoft Windows PC.
If Mordhau is crashing, you have to turn off the antivirus if it is enabled on your computer. Sometimes, simply adding the executable file of Mordhau to the exception list of antivirus can fix this issue.
Or try enabling the Gamer Mode included on your antivirus to play the game error-freely. If nothing fixes it, then turn off the antivirus temporarily.
In case if the game still crashes, then re-enable the antivirus and check out other techniques given below.
- Step 3
Verify the Game Files
Once, verify the game files of Mordhau to know whether there are any corrupted or missing files. It will also help in repairing these bad game files automatically.
- Launch Steam Client and log in to your account.
- Go to the Library -> From the game list, right-click the Mordhau game -> Select Properties.
- Click on the Local Files tab -> Finally, tap on the Verify the Integrity of the Game Files.
It takes a few seconds to validate the files and after that, check the Mordhau Crashing is solved.
- Step 4
Remove Configuration Files
If the above methods did not fix the problem, then remove the configuration files of Mordhau. After deleting, when you relaunch the game, it will check for the Config files. Since it was deleted, it will automatically create the default ones.
By doing so, most users have resolved crashing issues and play the Mordhau smoothly.
- First of all, close the Mordhau game on your Windows 10.
- Press Windows + R -> Type %appdata% -> Click OK.
- Go back a step to open the AppData folder -> Double-click the Local folder -> Locate the Mordhau game and search for the Saved folder.
- Under the Saved folder, you can see three files with the name of ushaderprecache -> Select all these files and press the Delete key to remove them.
Finally, reboot your Windows 10 and relaunch Mordhau to test the problem is fixed.
- Step 5
Update GPU Card Drivers
Check the graphics drivers on your Windows 10. If you found them outdated, then immediately update them by installing the latest drivers.
- Press Windows + X -> Select the Device Manager from the menu list.
- Expand Display Adapters -> Right-click the Intel or other graphics card (whichever you’re using) -> Click Update Driver.
- Complete the driver update process by going through the on-screen instructions.
Restart the Windows PC and run the Mordhau game to know the crashing problem is disappeared or still persists.
- Step 6
Change the PC Power Settings
According to some users, switching the power plan from Balanced (by default) to High Performance will fix the Mordhau Crashing error. So, try changing the power plan on your Windows 10 PC.
- Press Windows + R -> Type control panel -> Hit Enter.
- Select System and Security -> Click Power Options.
- Check the radio button next to the High Performance to enable this power plan.
- Reboot your Windows computer.
If the Mordhau Crashing still occurs, then use the below steps to fix it.
- Step 7
Configure Your Virtual Memory
Due to insufficient virtual memory also, the Mordhau starts crashing on your computer. So, it is best to re-configure the settings to allocate more virtual memory on your Windows 10. For that,
- Open Control Panel and select the System & Security section.
- Under that, click on the System -> Select the Advanced System Settings tab placed on the left side panel.
- It opens the System Properties window, and in that, click on the Advanced tab.
- Click the Settings button in the Performance section.
- It opens the pop-up window -> Navigate to the Advanced tab -> Under the Virtual Memory, click Change.
- Disable the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives by unchecking the box -> Click on the C: to select it.
- Enable the Custom Size option -> Type 4096 in both Initial Size and Maximum Size boxes.
- Finally, click the Set and OK buttons.
After enhancing the Virtual Memory, restart the PC and rerun the Mordhau to check the crashing issue is solved or not.
Tips To Avoid Mordhau Crashing
Contact Official Support
We strongly believe that the methods discussed in this post will definitely fix the Mordhau Crashing issue. One or more techniques stop the game from crashing or freezing on your PC.
If the crashing repeats even after reinstalling the game, then there could be some serious reason. In case if you want to try to fix it yourself, go through the official forums of Mordhau, Steam Forums, and others like Reddit.
Or else you can take the help of technical support of Triternion. They will let you know what steps to take to fix the Mordhau Crashing issue and allow you to play it hassle-freely.
Final Words: Conclusion
Therefore, Mordhau is one of the finest fighting games developed by Triternion. If the game crashes on your PC, you can try fixing it with the given tips and tricks.
You can also share all those valuable steps with your friends and co-players. If you solved it with your own hacks, then share them with us.
Also, feel free to ask your queries through the comment box. Just type the question that you wish to ask and post it. If you think this troubleshooting guide is worthy, then provide comments on it.
Finally, subscribe to our blog to keep in touch with the newest articles on various PC and gaming issues.