Lenovo Speakers Not Working
Many Lenovo users are complaining that the speakers are not working while working or playing games. Even after trying some simple tricks, they unable to fix the issue.
For all those users, this troubleshooting guide is a one-stop solution. In this post, we will let you know the basic and advanced mechanisms that completely solve the Lenovo Speakers Not Working issue.
We all think that it can be fixed easily, but it is not real. We have to apply the best methods; otherwise, the speakers will damage permanently.
To listen to the music or enjoy the background sounds of the game, we enable speakers of our Lenovo laptops. The reason might be anything, such as outdated sound drivers, improper maintenance of the laptop, etc.
Whatever it may be, you can definitely fix the problem by reaching the last method of this post.
Lenovo Speakers Not Working Problem Overview
Like other brands, there are several people who are using Lenovo laptops for their personal & professional works, and gaming. Chinese Multinational Technology Company developed this Lenovo laptop as the top best brand.
Some users prefer to use inbuilt speakers to play songs or hear sounds from the laptop instead of using headphones or Bluetooth speakers.
Due to some reasons, the Lenovo speakers suddenly stop working while working/playing on it. We can’t hear any audio from the integrated speakers of the Lenovo.
Some say that it is the faulty audio drivers that cause this issue. Where others say the sound settings of the Lenovo are not configured properly.
Since many Lenovo users are troubled by this issue, we decided to shortlist all those reasons that can cause this Lenovo Speakers Not Working error.
For all these major reasons, we are providing the best troubleshooting methods to overcome this issue.
Lenovo Speakers Not Working Related Problems
If you want to know other audio issues of Lenovo laptops, then go through this section and fix them with the given solutions.
Lenovo Speakers Not Working Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Below are the basic methods that you need to use when your Lenovo Speakers Not Working. Read the instructions carefully and apply them to fix it.
Try Windows Audio Troubleshooter
When there are any hardware failures on our Lenovo laptops, the speakers stop working. In this situation, it’s better to use the inbuilt troubleshooter to detect and repair those hardware problems. For that,
- Press Windows logo with X alphabet to open Settings.
- Now, go with the Update & Security section.
- From the left side panel, click the Troubleshoot tab.
- On the right side click on Additional troubleshooter.
- On the right side, select the Playing Audio section and click the Run the Troubleshooter option.
Thus, it starts checking for the issues and repairs them to make the speakers work normally.
Check the Sound Settings
If there are any faulty sound settings, then you need to correct them in order to fix the Lenovo Speakers Not Working issue.
- Go to the Taskbar -> Right-click the Sound icon -> Click the Open Sound Settings option.
- Now, you have to select the output device as the speakers.
- After that, check the volume and make sure that it is not muted.
Now, play the audio and check whether you hear sounds from the Lenovo speakers or not.
Steps To Fix Lenovo Speakers Not Working Issue
Sometimes, the basic steps will not fix the Lenovo Speakers Not Working issue. In that case, you can check out the advanced methods given below.
- Step 1
Update Audio Drivers
Audio Drivers play a prominent role in working the sound devices, including speakers, correctly. If you forget to upgrade the drivers or install the incompatible drivers, we can’t hear sounds from speakers and headphones.
Therefore, upgrade the audio drivers by installing them from the Lenovo website. Either you can update them manually or automatically.
To update manually, open the Lenovo website and download the compatible audio drivers. After that, install them on your laptop to upgrade them.
If you don’t have patience in all these processes, then simply use the IObit Driver Booster. With a simple mouse click, it downloads and installs the audio drivers from the manufacturer’s site.
Once you finish the driver update process, restart the PC and check the speakers of your Lenovo laptop are working or not.
- Step 2
Uninstall & Reinstall Sound Drivers
If updating the drivers didn’t help you in fixing the speakers not working issue, then uninstall and reinstall them on your Lenovo laptop. You can use the below guidelines to do so.
- Press Windows + R -> Type devmgmt.msc -> Click OK.
- Expand Sound, Video, and Game Controllers.
- Right-click Realtek High Definition Audio -> Click Uninstall Device option.
- In case if you see any confirmation window, then click Yes to continue.
Now, reboot your Lenovo laptop. Once it starts, it automatically installs the audio drivers on your laptop. Check the Lenovo Speakers Not Working issue is resolved or still persists.
- Step 3
Restart Windows Audio Services
If the above methods did not solve the issue, then try restarting the Windows Audio Service.
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows logo and R.
- Type services.msc and hit Enter.
- You can several Services, and in that, find the Windows Audio. Double-click on it to open the Properties.
- Choose Automatic in the Startup Type section -> Click Stop -> After that, click Start.
- Finally, click Apply and OK buttons.
- Step 4
Verify the Audio by Connecting Headphones
Once connect the headphones or Bluetooth speakers and check whether you hear the sounds or not. If the audio is not coming out from your external audio devices also, then go to the store to fix it.
- Step 5
Modify the Properties of your Audio Device
By modifying the properties of your audio device, you can overcome the Lenovo Speakers Not Working issue.
- Go to the System Tray -> Under Taskbar, right-click the Volume icon -> Choose Open Sound Settings.
- Click Sound Control Panel placed on the right side.
- Under the Playback tab, click the default speakers and click the Properties button.
- It opens the Speakers Properties window, goes to the Advanced tab.
- From the drop-down menu, choose all the available options one after the other and click the Test button.
Check on which sample rate, the Lenovo speakers start working or not.
- Step 6
Disable Audio Enhancements
By default, Windows offers the inbuilt Audio Enhancement feature. Though it helps in producing effective sounds, it causes some issues, like Speakers Not Working on our Lenovo laptops.
So, why can’t you try disabling the audio enhancement feature in order to fix this issue? Follow the below steps to disable it.
- Open the Sound Settings on your Lenovo laptop.
- You have to open the Playback tab -> Right-click the Speakers -> Choose Properties.
- Go to the Enhancements tab -> Check the checkbox of Disable All Enhancements -> Click OK.
Now, play any audio file and check the speakers of your Lenovo laptop are working well or not.
Tips To Avoid Lenovo Speakers Not Working
Contact Official Support
Using the above methods, we believe that the user can solve the Lenovo Speakers Not Working issue. If you don’t fix the problem, then there is no need to worry at all.
In case if you know how to disassemble the laptop, then do it in order to repair the speakers. Or else visit the nearest PC repair store to get it fixed.
You have to purchase a new laptop if you are using it for so many years. If you are facing this problem with your brand new Lenovo laptop, then contact the authorized Lenovo store and replace it with a new product.
Final Words: Conclusion
In my final thoughts, I would like to say Lenovo is one of the world’s best technology companies, which offers laptops, gaming laptops, accessories, mobile phones, smart devices, etc.
When the speakers of your Lenovo laptop will not work, you can use all the methods given in this post. You can feel free to ask questions whenever you don’t understand any method.
Even we welcome your own hacks that can fix this Speakers Not Working issue. Users can contact us in order to solve any other PC or game-related issues.
We hope that you got enough information to fix the Lenovo Speakers Not Working error.