Last Updated on January 6, 2021 by Admin
Invalid Process Attach Attempt
Did you see Invalid Process Attach Attempt error on your Windows 10 computer? Don’t worry! We are here to help you in solving this error within a few minutes.
Invalid Process Attach Attempt is the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) error. Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 7 users can encounter this Blue Screen issue on their desktops.
Invalid Process Attach Attempt occurs with a blue screen on their display with a stop code value 0X00000005.
BSOD or exception error occurs when the system crashes, which leads to improper functioning of the operating system. We have to react faster to eliminate this Invalid Process Attach Attempt from your Windows computer.
Go through the following methods and use them to fix this Blue Screen of Death error.
Invalid Process Attach Attempt or 0X00000005 is not as difficult as other errors of Windows. The user can easily and quickly solve this BSOD problem by carefully executing the given guidelines.
Due to many reasons, the user can face different issues while working on their Windows 10 PCs. Like other Blue Screen errors, this Invalid Process Attach Attempt also occurs as of suddenly.
If you want to know the causes of this exception error, then check out the following sections.
There might be one or more reasons provided above for the encounter of this BSOD. When this problem appears on your screen, it will not allow you to work properly.
Neither you can see the desktop icons nor access any documents that exist on your PC. Scroll down to know more information about this Blue Screen error.
In this post, we also provide the solutions that will help you in fixing the problems related to the Invalid Process Attach Attempt error.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Here are the basic troubleshooting methods that can resolve the Invalid Process Attach Attempt error on your Windows 10.
Mostly, the Blue Screen of Death errors like Invalid Process Attach Attempt are fixed automatically by restarting the PC. If this technique does not show any impact, go through the below steps.
Check Your Hardware
Any desktop or laptop, or other devices work when the hardware functioning is good. If the hardware devices do not work according to their design, we cannot do any tasks.
Due to various reasons like virus-infections or missing files, we can see various error messages. One such is the Invalid Process Attach Attempt error. In most cases, the faulty hard drive leads to this BSOD error.
That’s why check your hardware for any faults immediately after you see the blue screen error on your Windows 10. Correct the hardware problems so that the error can be easily resolved.
Check for Updated Windows
Due to the outdated Windows operating system, the system shows several errors. Invalid Process Attach Attempt or 0X00000005 also appears because of using older versions of Windows.
The system becomes vulnerable and causes security issues with the older Windows builds. That’s why we need to check whether there are any new Windows updates or not.
If there are any latest versions, then update immediately. By installing these newer builds, you can fix almost all kinds of compatibility issues.
Check RAM Memory
If the above troubleshooting methods didn’t solve the issue, then it is due to the usage of insufficient RAM. Or else the RAM plugged into your computer is working properly or not.
To check whether it is detecting or not, you have to unplug and plug it individually. Sometimes, the RAM is connected loosely, and that’s why the Invalid Process Attach Attempt error might occur.
In case if the RAM gets damaged, replace it with the brand new one. By this, the Blue Screen error gets resolved on your Windows 10.
Steps To Fix Invalid Process Attach Attempt
Below are the advanced troubleshooting tips and tricks that can solve this Invalid Process Attach Attempt error. Read the steps carefully and apply them on your Windows 10.
- Step 1
But some users use unknown antivirus apps. By this, they can face various PC errors, including BSOD issues. That’s why disable it and check whether the issue is resolved or not.
If not, uninstall the antivirus permanently from the Windows PC. Go through the below steps to do so:
- Open the Control Panel on your Windows PC.
- then click on program and features.
- Search for the antivirus software on the list.
- After identifying the antivirus, click on it.
- Finally, hit the Uninstall option.
- By this, the antivirus gets removed from the desktop.
If you want to delete the leftovers and other empty files related to the antivirus, then use some best uninstallers like IObit Uninstaller.
- Step 2
Startup in Clean Boot
Perform the clean boot of your computer to diagnose those applications that cause this BSOD error.
By using the clean boot, it disables all the third-party programs and services that are running on your computer. Use the below guidelines to clean boot the PC.
- Press Windows + S, type msconfig in the search console, and press Enter.
- Thus, it opens the System Configuration window on your screen.
- Navigate to the “Services” tab. Check the checkbox of the “Hide all Microsoft Services” option.
- Then click the Disable All button.
- In the next step, you have to open the Startup tab. Now, click the Open Task Manager.
- After that, the Task Manager window is displayed. You need to open the Startup tab in this wizard.
- Select each startup app on the list and disable it one-by-one by clicking the Disable button.
- After disabling all the startup items, close the Task Manager.
- In the System Configuration window, click the OK button.
- Now, the PC restarts in the Clean Boot environment.
- After rebooting the system, enable the services in the groups and check the blue screen error appears again or not.
- Identify the app that causes this BSOD error and uninstall it from the desktop.
- Step 3
Run the BSOD Troubleshooter
You can also use the inbuilt Windows troubleshooter to fix the Invalid Process Attach Attempt error. For that, execute the below steps.
- Use Windows + I keys to open the Settings page on your desktop computer.
- Now, go to the Update & Security category.
- In the left-side panel, identify the Troubleshoot section and click on it.
- Go to the right-side panel and check for the Blue Screen option.
- After selecting it, click the Run the troubleshooter.
- Now, you have to go through some on-screen steps to complete the BSOD troubleshooting process successfully.
- Step 4
Uninstall The Recently Installed App
Did you install any new programs on your computer before this BSOD error occurs? Then it might be due to those apps. Yes, the Invalid Process Attach Attempt error might encounter with the latest installed apps.
To fix the Blue Screen error, immediately uninstall them from the Windows 10 PC. Either you can use the inbuilt Control Panel or a third-party app like IObit Uninstaller to remove those applications.
- Step 5
Run SFC & DISM
The corrupted system files lead to many Windows errors, including Invalid Process Attach Attempt. You can identify those faulty/corrupted files and repair them to resolve the issue.
For that, you need to perform the System File Checker (SFC) scan on your computer.
- Press Windows + X keys to open a list of options. From that, click the Command Prompt (Admin) option.
- After you see Command Prompt on your desktop screen, type the sfc /scannow command. Press the Enter button.
- It takes several minutes to complete. You need to wait until the task gets finished.
- In case if it identifies an issue, it automatically repairs the problem.
- Finally, close the CMD and reboot the PC.
In the same manner, perform the DISM scan using the below command.
- Open the Command Prompt with the Administrator Rights.
- After that, type DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command and hit Enter.
- It starts the scanning process and completes within a few seconds.
- Finally, reboot your Windows PC and check the error is resolved or not.
Now, the Blue Screen (Invalid Process Attach Attempt) error is fixed on your Windows 10.
- Step 6
Update Device Drivers
- Open the Device Manager window to update the device drivers.
- For that, run the devmgmt.msc command in the Run dialog.
- After that, find out the expired or outdated drivers on your Windows 10.
- Right-click on it and choose the Update Driver option.
- Next, the Update Driver window appears on your PC. Click the Search automatically for the updated driver software option.
- Thus, it downloads and installs the latest drivers on your Windows 10.
For an easy and quick driver update process, use the best app like IObit Driver Booster.
- Step 7
Uninstall Corrupted Driver
If there are any corrupted device drivers, the system shows some errors. This Invalid Process Attach Attempt error also occurs with these corrupted drivers. So, uninstall them using the below steps.
- Use the above steps to open the Device Manager on your computer.
- Identify those corrupted device drivers and right-click on it. Now, go with the Disable Driver option.
- Now, it shows the warning pop-up window. It says Disabling this device will cause it to stop functioning. If you want to continue, then click the Yes button.
- Thus, it disables that corrupted drivers permanently from the Windows 10 PC.
Check the Invalid Process Attach Attempt BSOD error is fixed.
- Step 8
Remove Synaptics Touchpad Driver
According to our research, the Invalid Process Attach Attempt encounters by using the Synaptics Touchpad Driver. If your Windows 10 desktop contains any such error, then quickly uninstall it. For that, do the below steps.
- Open the Device Manager using the above steps and identify the Synaptics Touchpad driver.
- After finding it, right-click on it and click the Uninstall Driver option.
By doing that, the BSOD error is fixed, but your Touchpad might not work. Also, you can solve this blue screen issue by upgrading this Synaptics Touchpad driver. You can install the latest versions of it from the official manufacturer website.
Tips To Avoid Invalid Process Attach Attempt
Contact Official Support
Most of the time, the users are successful in solving the Invalid Process Attach Attempt error. According to the research on this BSOD error, it can be fixed with one or more methods given above.
If you still see the blue screen after using the techniques, then the best option is visiting the nearby computer service center.
It concludes that the problem is not with the software, but with the system hardware. So, taking the help of the authorized service providers can resolve the issue.
Explain your problem clearly to the technicians so that they can identify the reason for the occurrence of this error.
Final Words: Conclusion
On the whole, the users have to act quickly whenever they face any Blue Screen of Death errors. Make sure that you execute the listed guidelines perfectly to resolve the issue.
Hopefully, you get to know full information of this Invalid Process Attach Attempt BSOD error. In case if you hacked the blue screen with any other methods, please share them with us through the comment section.
Do you need help regarding any other technical issue? Then contact us by leaving a message in the below box.