Last updated on July 18th, 2020 at 02:21 pm
Huion is a well-known firm, which provides various products like graphics tablets and pens. These products have great command in the market because of their utility. Recently after researching it, we found that many users are facing issues with their “Huion pen”. Their Huion pen is not working properly and in some cases, it has stopped working completely.
There can be various reasons behind this like compatibility issues, outdated drivers, etc. Microsoft’s Windows Inc feature which lets users quickly access notes, pens, and graphics tab. This can be also the reason behind this issue.
No need to worry, as we are going to provide you troubleshooting methods to get rid of the problem “Huion Pen not working”.
Huion Pen Not Working: Problem Overview
There can be various reasons behind the Huion pen not working. Here the error can be with the computer or Huion Pen tablet or both. So we need to check on the solution carefully. Possible reasons behind this issue are listed below.
- System Error can cause issue with Huion Pen.
- Windows Ink feature can be another reason.
- Compatibility issue between tablet and the Huion Pen.
- Sleep time setting under Power options.
- Defected or unsupported USB points.
Huion Pen Not Working: Related & Common Problems
- Huion pen not working unless plugged in:- under this user faces issue like here pen becomes undetectable by the Tablet when it is connected with the USB charging cable. At first, try charging it fully then try to use it. Even after this you are facing the issue then contact Huion Pen tablet official support.
- Huion pen not moving cursor:- Under this situation, Huion pen gets unable to move the cursor in between whereas when you use the mouse the pointer works on the tablet. This shows that the problem is not with the Huion tablet display. Sometimes when a user changes the brush, the cursor stops moving. Simply reinstall the Huion Driver by following the Troubleshooting methods mentioned in this blog post.
- Huion Pen nibs falling out:- As Huion Pen nibs fall out or stop working. One Huion nibs can last as per your way of use. As in the case of moderate use with normal pressure, it can last for almost 3 months or more. So check on the Huion pens nibs, if it is falling out then replace it. This will resolve the issue if related to Huion pen nib.
- Huion Pen display tablet:- In this case, the Pen display indicator will not light up resulting in a black screen. This is another issue where you cannot use your Huion Pen. You need to check on the cables connecting your Huion Pen display tablet including checking on batteries. In case everything is fine then, it may be hardware damage, do contact officials.
- Huion Pen tablet driver:- As the driver is the main bridge between hardware and software. So maybe the driver file is corrupted or it is outdated. This will cause a compatibility issue resulting in an Issue with your Huion Pen.
- Huion Tablet Pen lagging in Adobe Photoshop:- Here you should check on the settings of your Adobe Photoshop and set it to default setting. Also, look after your graphic card and update it if it is outdated. One reason behind this issue can be related to the Huion Pen Pressure. You can try fixing the Huion Pen pressure using methods provided below.
At first check, the Huion pen you are using is genuine or not. Then look after if there is any physical damage to the Huion Pen you are using. Also, check whether the tablet works properly or not after connecting with the system. Be sure about these basic things, and then go for the methods listed below to resolve the issue with your Huion pen.
Steps To Fix Huion Pen Not Working Issue
- Step-1 : Power Cycle for System error
- Step-2 : Check on the Compatibility
- Step-3 : Check on the Huion Pen Battery
- Step-4 : Testing on Other USB Slots
- Step-5 : Check on Support TabletPC option
- Step-6 : Fix Pen Pressure and Disable Windows Inc
- Step-7 : Disable the “Flicks” feature
- Step-8 : Disable Sleep Mode of your system
- Step-9 : Reinstall to get an Updated Driver
Power Cycle for System error
Sometimes, due to systems corrupt files, it stops detecting external devices. In this case, you need to power cycle the whole system once so that it can detect the external device. This will simply turn off the full system to resolve basic system error. Do follow the following steps to do so.
- Shut down your system and disconnect all the power cables, printers, and other external devices.
- In the case of a laptop, take out the battery, and then tap on the power button for a few seconds.
- Just leave the system for 5 minutes, and then plug in all the cables including the necessary external device.
- Also, connect your Huion device to check whether the issue with your Huion pen is resolved or not.
Check on the Compatibility
In case you have a hybrid system, in that case, Huion pen may have issues while working. Make sure you are using Huion pens tablet which are suitable for your system, this will not sync it. Running Huions pen on other graphics tablet can affect the output. You should use the Huion pen which came up with your tablet. Check it on the official support website of Huions, to know you are using a compatible combination.
Check on the Huion Pen Battery
Check whether the terminal of batteries is connected properly or not. Test your Huion pen to check its battery backup. In case you feel the battery is not working properly or it is weak then consider replacing it with a new one.
Testing on Other USB Slots
The issue can be related to hardware as well. Do check on your USB slots. Some USB slots do not support a particular type, so this may be the case with your Huion tablet. Test all the USB slots present in your Computer one by one by connecting it. At last go for the USB slot compatible with the USB hub, you are using. At last, restart the Huion tablet to check if the issue resolved.
Check on Support TabletPC option
Huion has an option called “Support TabletPC” which can detect any compatibility issue. This service simply provides support to PC and Huion tablet. To enable this service do follow the below steps.
- Locate “Huion tablet” at the taskbar, in the bottom right side. Tap on it to open.
- A screen will pop up, now look for the “Support TabletPC” option and mark it and click save changes.
- Restart the system and check if the issue got resolved.
Fix Pen Pressure and Disable Windows Inc
In case you facing issues related to Huion Pen lagging in your Adobe photoshop tool. You must try this method as this will fix the Pen pressure in your Huion tablet. By following steps, you can fix up the Pen pressure in your Huion tablet including disabling Windows Inc.
- Type “Notepad” in your computer search bar. Locate it and click on it to open.
- Write the statement “UseSystemStylus 0” and save it to the following location:
“C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2020\Adobe Photoshop CC 2020 Settings”
Steps to Disable Windows Inc:
- Locate your Huion tablet in the taskbar and open it by clicking.
- look for the option “Stylus Pen” and tap on it.
- Now look for the tab “Enable Windows Ink” unmark the option and Save the changes and close it.
Disable the “Flicks” feature
After performing it if you are still facing HUion Pen not working issue then try this after this. Under this, you need to disable the “Flicks” feature of the windows using the below steps.
- Tap “Windows key” with alphabet “X” and choose “Control Panel” from the appeared list.
- Look for the option “Pen and Touch”, a box will pop up on the screen.
- Go to the “Flicks” tab present in the top bar of the box.
- Now locate the option “Use flicks to perform common actions quickly and easily” and unmark to disable it. Press “OK” toggle to save the changes and exit.
Now reboot your windows and try using your Huion Pen to check if the issue got resolved.
Disable Sleep Mode of your system
Huion Pen becomes inactive just after few minutes of inactivity. Even after an attempt of waking it up, it does not work. The ultimate solution here is to turn off the sleep mode.
- Tap on “Windows Key” and “X” together. Click on “Power Options” from the popped-up list.
- Windows will pop up named “Power Options” with heading “Choose or Customize a power plan”. Now look for “Change plan settings” next to your preferred power plan.
- Now on this page look for “Put the computer to sleep” option and select “Never” under both “On battery” and “Pluggen in”. Click on the “Save changes” toggle and exit.
After this restart the system to make these changes more effective. Try using your Huion Pen Tablet to check if the issue still persists.
Reinstall to get an Updated Driver
Yeah, you need to update the driver, in case it is outdated. Drivers are the main link between computer hardware and software. In case the driver is not responding, the Huion Pen will not work. Drivers can be corrupt due to some malware or it can be outdated. It needs to be up to date to establish a smooth connection.
Here two things we will do, first we will delete the already installed Huion Pen Tablet and then we will download the latest driver of Huion from its official website. Let’s get started by following steps.
Steps to delete the Huion Tablet manually: Keep your tablet connected while this procedure.
- Tap Windows key with alphabet “X” and choose “Control Panel” from the list.
- Set the “View by” as “Category” if not selected. Now, look for the “Programs and Features” option and tap on “Uninstall a Program”.
- Look for “Huion Driver” and click on it to uninstall. Wait until the un-installation gets finished and close it.
- Now Type “This Pc”(Or the name of your Computer) in the search bar and click on it t open after selecting
- Go to “C” drive then look for “ Program files”. Now look for “TabletDriver” and delete this by pressing the “Shift key and delete key” together. (You will not find this folder in case it already got deleted, in that case, skip this step)
- Now In the “C” drive look for the “Windows” folder, enter in this and Select “System32” (Or System64).
- Under this folder finds “wintab32.dll” and delete it. (In some cases System directory is hidden, you will not find “system64”. There will be hidden “sysWOW64” where you will find “Wintab”).
Steps to Download Huion Driver:
- Visit the Huion official support website.
- Look for your tablet as per your windows version and start the downloading process.
- Once it got downloaded, you will need to extract the files as it usually comes in the Zipped file.
- Right-click on the extracted executable file to install in your system and choose the “Run as Administrator” option. During this process, simply follow the instructions popping up on your screen until the end.
- Once the installation is finished, simply restart the system and check whether the issue with the Huion Pen is resolved or not.
Contact Official Support
After applying the above steps one by one, the issue with your Huion Pen is unresolved. Then we will suggest you go to Huion’s official support. They will provide you a solution.
Tips to Avoid Huion Pen Not Working
Final Words: Conclusion
The above methods have been provided after deep research on the issue of Huion Pen Not working. Please follow the methods and let us know in case you facing any issue while applying these in below comment box.
Also, give us your feedback so that we can know the need of our readers more deeply to develop future blogs.