Didn’t you hear any sounds while playing audio content on your Firefox browser? Want to fix this Firefox No Sound issue on your Windows 10? Then you have landed on the right post.
Firefox is one of the best web browsers developed by Mozilla Corporation. After Google Chrome, most users use Mozilla Firefox as their default browser.
It provides a faster web browsing experience to all its users. We can download and install this Firefox browser on our Windows, Android, Mac, and other platforms.
We can browse the websites safely and securely without any loss of our private information. There are some people who complain about audio issues while browsing on Firefox.
Whenever they try to play audio content, like lectures, songs, videos, presentations, and others, it will not play the sound at all.
It could be due to faulty audio drivers, incorrect sound settings, etc. To know more about this issue, you can check out the following paragraphs.\
Firefox No Sound: Problem Overview
Daily, millions of people browse the web for different purposes. For that, they use various web browsers available in the market. Some use Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Opera, Safari, Mozilla Firefox, etc.
According to the reports, Chrome places in the top because it is used as the default browser by the majority of the users. You can see Mozilla Firefox in the second place.
The user interface of Firefox is easy for both beginners and professionals. It owns security features, plugins, and almost all the options that are present in Chrome browser.
On Firefox, we can surf the websites, stream online videos, listen to the music, play games, and do a lot more. But problems are common for any applications, and Firefox is also not exempted from it.
While listening to the music on Firefox, it does not produce the audio. It means that you can’t hear anything even though the audio is running on your browser.
At that moment, most of the users think that the volume might be muted. There is a possibility of muting the volume on your PC. Other than that, there are several other reasons that trigger this Firefox No Sound issue. They are
Now, find out the cause of this issue and pick the best solution to resolve it on your PC.
Firefox No Sound: Related Problems
Before going to further steps, let’s see the following paragraphs that explain various areas where you can face this Firefox No Sound issue.
Firefox No Sound: Basic Troubleshooting Steps
The following are the basic methods that will help you in fixing the Firefox No Sound issue on your Windows 10.
Check Sound Settings
Before you check the sound settings, once restart your Windows computer. After that, check the sound issues still occurs. If so, you can go through this method.
Whenever Firefox is muted on your device, you will encounter these kinds of issues. So, execute the following instructions to get rid of this problem.
- First of all, launch Mozilla Firefox.
- Go to the Taskbar -> Right-click the Speaker/Volume icon -> Choose Open Volume Mixer.
- Make sure that none of the volume control is muted. If you found anything is muted, then you will see a red circle on it. Click on the speaker icon to unmute the app.
Now, play the audio content on Firefox to test the problem is fixed or still occurs.
Run Windows Sound Troubleshooter
If there are any hardware glitches that are related to the audio devices on your computer, then you will face problems while listening to the audio content.
To remove these bugs and glitches, Windows provides an inbuilt Sound Troubleshooter. You can run this Windows Sound Troubleshooter on your PC to find and fix the issue.
- Go to the Start Menu -> Type Troubleshoot Settings in the search console -> Hit Enter.
- Once the Settings window opens, click on the Additional Troubleshooters.
- Under the Get up and running section, choose the Playing Sound tab.
- Click on the Run the Troubleshooter option.
- From the list of audio devices, choose the one that you want to troubleshoot and click Next.
- It will start checking for the issues and repairs automatically. You just need to wait until the troubleshooting process is finished.
- After that, click on Apply this Fix and follow the instructions shown on your desktop screen.
Restart your Windows PC and check the Firefox No Sound issue is fixed.
Steps To Fix Firefox No Sound Issue
Don’t worry! You have some more solutions on your hands that will help you in fixing the Firefox No Sound issue.
[ps2id id=’Step-1-Disable-Hardware-Acceleration-in-Firefox’ target=”/]
- Step 1
Disable Hardware Acceleration in Firefox
Is the hardware acceleration feature enabled on your Mozilla Firefox? Then it might be the reason for causing sound issues while playing audio content on Firefox.
To disable this Hardware Acceleration option, you need to follow the below steps.
- Open Firefox browser on your PC -> Click on the Menu.
- From the drop-down list, click Settings.
- Under the General tab, locate the Performance section.
- Now, you need to disable the following options.
- Use Recommended Performance Settings
- Use Hardware Acceleration When Available
- Close the browser and open Firefox to see if the sound issue is fixed.
[ps2id id=’Step-2-Clear-Browser-Cache’ target=”/]
- Step 2
Clear Browser Cache
If the cache and cookies of your Firefox browser are corrupted, then you’ll start facing problems while streaming audio content. To get rid of this issue, you need to delete the browser cache in Mozilla Firefox
- Firstly, launch Firefox on your computer.
- Go to the Menu (three horizontal bars at the top-right corner) -> Choose Settings.
- Under the Privacy & Security tab, go the Cookies and Site Data section.
- Now, click on the Clear Data… option. You will see a prompt on your screen, and in that, untick the Cookies and Site Data option. (Make sure that you have chosen the Cached Web Content option by checking its box).
- In the next step, click on the Clear button to remove the cache.
- After that, click on the Manage Data… button -> Enter the website address to remove its cookies -> Now, choose the website from the results -> Click on the Remove Selected.
- If you want to remove everything, then click on the Reomve All button.
- Save the changes and exit the browser.
Freshly relaunch Firefox and check whether the sound problems are solved or not.
[ps2id id=’Step-3-Disable-Add-Ons’ target=”/]
- Step 3
Due to third-party extensions installed on your Firefox, we face problems while browsing or streaming online audio content. If the above solutions didn’t resolve the issue, then disable extensions on your Mozilla Firefox.
- Click on the Menu icon once you launch Firefox on your PC.
- Go to the Help option from the drop-down menu -> From the sub menu, choose Restart with Add-Ons Disabled.
- You will see a pop-up window, and in that, click on the Restart button.
- Again it will open a new prompt, and in that, click Start in Safe Mode.
Now, Firefox will open without any extensions. In case if the Firefox No Sound issue is not solved, move to the next step.
[ps2id id=’Step-4-Install-the-Latest-Audio-Drivers’ target=”/]
- Step 4
Install the Latest Audio Drivers
Outdated audio drivers on your Windows 10 are also one of the major reasons for causing this Firefox No Sound issue. To get rid of this problem, you need to install the audio drivers.
- Press Windows + X -> Choose the Device Manager from the menu.
- Expand Sound, Video, and Game Controllers -> Select Realtek High Definition Audio -> Click Update Driver option.
- Follow the simple steps displayed on your screen to finish the driver update process.
Once completed, launch Firefox and play the audio file to check the issue is fixed or not.
[ps2id id=’Step-5-Restart-Firefox-in -roubleshoot-Mode’ target=”/]
- Step 5
Restart Firefox in Troubleshoot Mode
If the above solutions didn’t fix the sound issues, then restart Firefox in the Troubleshoot Mode. It will turn off all those installed extensions and disable hardware acceleration. It simply starts Firefox browser with the default toolbar settings and themes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox on your Windows 11.
- Go to the Menu and click on it to view the list -> Choose Help -> Click on the Troubleshoot Mode placed on the drop-down menu.
- It asks whether you want to restart Firefox in Troubleshoot Mode through a prompt, and in that, click the Restart button to confirm.
- Now, click the Open button to launch Firefox in the Troubleshoot Mode.
Once launched, start playing the audio content in Firefox to know the problem is fixed.
[ps2id id=’Step-6-Upgrade-Firefox’ target=”/]
- Step 6
Didn’t you upgrade your Mozilla Firefox to the latest versions? If you belong to the same situation, then it doesn’t allow you to do any activities on your browser.
Therefore, download and install the Firefox browser to turn it up-to-date by executing the below steps.
- Open Firefox -> Click Menu -> Go to the Help option -> From the list, click About Firefox.
- Now, it will check for the latest updates and install them (if any) automatically.
After upgrading, relaunch Firefox and confirm whether the audio issues are solved.
[ps2id id=’Step-7-Refresh-Mozilla-Firefox’ target=”/]
- Step 7
Refresh Mozilla Firefox
The settings that you have changed, extensions, added search engines, bookmarks, and all other things that you’ve done on your Firefox also lead to this No Sound issue.
Before going to uninstall & reinstall Firefox, try refreshing browser to fix this issue. For that,
- Open Mozilla Firefox -> Click on the Menu -> Select Help.
- It will show a list of options, and in that, choose More Troubleshooting Information option.
- In the next step, you have to click on the Refresh Firefox option.
- After that, click on the Refresh Firefox button to proceed further.
- It will show the Import Wizard window, and in that, click on the Finish option.
- At last, tap on the Let’s go! button to start web browsing on Firefox.
[ps2id id=’Step-8-Uninstall & Reinstall Firefox’ target=”/]
- Step 8
Uninstall & Reinstall Firefox
The final solution left to you to fix the Firefox No Sound issue is uninstalling and reinstalling the browser on your Windows 11. Follow the steps explained below to reinstall Firefox correctly.
- If the Firefox app is running, then click on the X icon to close it.
- Press Windows + R -> Type appwiz.cpl -> Click OK.
- Choose Mozilla Firefox from the program list and click Uninstall.
- After completing the uninstallation process, remove the file and folders, including the leftovers, of Firefox from your PC.
- Now, open the official website of Firefox and download the latest version of it.
- Finish the installation process by going through simple on-screen steps.
Once the set up process is completed, start streaming the audio content without any sound issues.
Tips To Avoid Firefox No Sound
Contact Official Support
At least once in our lifetime, we will come across such silly problems while going to listen to online audio content. Users who face the No Audio issue on their Firefox browser can go through this troubleshooting guide.
If the problem is not fixed even after reinstalling Firefox, you need to take help of any professional or expert. Sometimes, visiting the Firefox forums/communities can help you a lot.
Apart from that, there are some popular forums, such as Reddit, where you can get solutions to fix this issue. If none of them helps you, simply contact the Firefox Support Team.
Final Words: Conclusion
In conclusion, I conclude that Firefox is the top-best web browser for Windows users. It offers a safer, faster, and more secure browsing experience.
When you encounter the Firefox No Sound issue, start with the basic and advanced methods to fix it. If you have any doubts about the listed solutions, feel free to contact us at any moment.
Did you solve this No sound on Firefox with your own techniques? If so, share those tips and tricks with us via the comment box.
Comment and share this troubleshooting guide with your near and dear ones. At last, subscribe to our blog to get the latest updates on various articles related to different PC and Gaming issues.