Fallout 4 Long Load Times
A simple problem that many Fallout 4 gamers face is the long loading time. Instead of opening the game quickly, it keeps on loading the game when we click the Fallout 4 icon.
Today, we are going to discuss those methods that can fix the Fallout 4 Long Load Time issue. If you tried any fixes and failed to solve them, then you can go through this post.
Fallout 4 is Bethesda Gaming Studios’ best action video game. The fandom of it is huge compared to other series of it. But sometimes, it takes a huge time to load the game.
Due to this, the gamers are losing their interest to play the game. Even some users are getting frustrated with this issue. So, it is necessary to resolve this Fallout 4 Long Load Time issue.
Follow the below paragraphs to know more about this technical issue of the Fallout 4 game.
Bethesda Gaming Studios developed Fallout games in different series, such as Fallout 2, Fallout 3, Fallout 4, and many more. Though Fallout 4 is released in the year 2015, the users are still purchasing it.
Many users are showing interest in launching the Fallout 4 game through Steam. We can buy this Fallout 4 from the Steam store for our Windows PCs.
If your internet speed is slow, Bethesda servers are down, and others, it takes more time to load the game. To know more reasons for it, read the below steps.
It may be any one or more reasons that cause this Fallout 4 Long Load Time issue on your Windows 10. Let’s move to the following paragraphs to know the tricks that can fix it.
This section will help you in knowing a few other problems that are related to this Fallout 4 Long Load Times issue.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
The users who want to fix this Fallout 4 Long Load Times issue can use the below basic steps.
Without an internet connection, we cannot launch the game on our PCs. Even though we are using a wired network, we face trouble if the speed is too low.
It means the game will take more time to load to open on the devices. So, you have to check whether your internet is faster and stable or not. If not, reset your router or connect your PC to another network.
When Bethesda Gaming Studios involved in any maintenance, the servers will automatically down. If you are trying to open the game at that moment, then the load time is comparatively more than the normal times.
The best solution for this issue is to wait until the servers start working normally. Verify whether the servers are down or not. If there are no server issues, then move to the next methods shown below.
Steps To Fix Fallout 4 Long Load Times Issue
The advanced methods that make the Fallout 4 game load faster are as follows. Don’t make any mistakes while applying the steps on your PC.
- Step 1
Update Video Card Drivers
Video Card or Graphics Card is essential in playing video games on our desktop computers. Even some games like Fallout 4 need dedicated GPU cards instead of using integrated ones.
They only work if the drivers are up-to-date. And if they get expired or if we install the incompatible drivers or corrupted, then the game will not launch at all.
So, you have to check the drivers are up-to-date when you engage with this Long Load Times while trying to open the Fallout 4 game. If they are expired, use the below guidelines to update them.
- Open the Device Manager by running devmgmt.msc in the Run dialog box.
- Expand the Display Adapters by double-clicking on them.
- After that, select the GPU Cards that you want to update -> Right-click on it -> Click Update Drivers option.
- In the next step, you need to choose the Search automatically for the updated driver software option.
- To complete the update process, you need to go through some on-screen instructions.
Finally, reboot your computer and launch the Fallout 4 game. Check whether it loads faster or still taking a long time to load.
- Step 2
Update Windows OS
Keeping the Windows Operating System is also important in order to run the PC and applications without fail. Also, we can increase the system performance once we install the latest Windows updates.
- Press Windows + I -> Click Update & Security.
- Stay in the Windows Updates tab, click the Check for Updates option.
- It will check for the latest Windows updates and installs them on your computer (if any).
The system will automatically reboot after completing the update process. After everything finishes well, rerun the Fallout 4 to know the issue is fixed or not.
- Step 3
Install the Latest Game Patches
Apart from the above, you need to check Bethesda Gaming Studios released any new patches of Fallout 4 or not. If there are any new ones, then open the official website of Bethesda.
From there, you have to install the newer game patches on your PC. Before that, you need to close the game and all the Steam processes. Once you finished updating the game, launch the game through Steam and see that it is taking less time to load or not.
- Step 4
Run in Borderless Windowed Mode
The full-screen mode is also one more cause of this Fallout 4 Long Load Times error. That’s why we recommend the user to launch the game in the borderless windowed mode.
- First of all, close the game on your computer.
- Open Steam Client -> Go to the Library -> Locate the Fallout 4 game and right-click on it -> Choose Properties.
- Under the General tab, click Set Launch Options.
- Now, you need to configure the launch options as “-windowed-noborder“.
- To save the settings, click the OK button.
Launch Fallout 4 on your Windows 10 and check the Long Load Times issue is fixed or still persists.
- Step 5
Disable Steam Cloud Sync
Steam Cloud is such a feature that saves the game progress and configurations. If the upload speed on your computer is too slow, then the saved files that are very huge will take much time to open. Thus, it results in the Long Load Times issue.
In this situation, the best option to get rid of this Fallout 4 Long Load Times error is disabling the Steam Cloud Sync option.
- Start Steam -> Open Library -> Right-click the Fallout 4 -> Select Properties.
- Navigate to the Update tab and deselect the Enable Steam Cloud Synchronization for Fallout 4 option.
- After that, save the modifications and exit the window.
Reboot your computer and launch Fallout 4 from Steam to know the game is loading speedily or taking a long time.
- Step 6
Turn Off Vertical Sync
Some users are suggested that disabling the vertical sync feature helps in loading the Fallout 4 game quicker. If you find V-Sync or Vertical Sync is enabled, then immediately disable it through the below guidelines.
- First of all, open the Fallout 4 game on your Windows PC.
- After that, you need to open the Options.
- Choose Graphics under the Video.
- Locate the Vertical Sync or V-Sync option and turn it off.
- Save the modifications.
- Close the wizard and reboot your computer.
We believe the problem is fixed and loads the Fallout 4 game within no time. If you still trouble with the error, then go through some more tricks.
- Step 7
Modify FPS (Frame Per Seconds) Settings
If the Frames Per Second or FPS is configured as low or minimum, then this problem will occur on our devices. So, we have to modify the default values of FPS by going through its settings.
- Launch Fallout 4 -> Open Options -> Go to the Video and choose Graphics.
- Under the Graphics page, you have to find the Maximum Frames Per Second option.
- Move the slider to the end to increase the FPS value.
After rebooting the system, start the game and check the long load times issue is disappeared or not.
- Step 8
Edit Fallout 4 Preferences
If none of the above methods work out in resolving the Fallout 4 Long Load Times issue, then try out this method. Edit the Preferences file by adding a few values given below.
- Open the installation folder of Fallout 4 on your computer.
- Locate the Fallout4Prefs.ini file and double-click on it to open.
- Go to the heading named General and add the below lines.
- iNumHWThreads=X (X is the number of your CPU cores)
- uExterior Cell Buffer=64.
- Save the changes and exit the file.
If the Fallout 4 game loads quickly, then there is no need to go to the next methods.
Tips To Avoid Fallout 4 Long Load Times
Contact Official Support
By reaching the end of the last trick, you will surely resolve the Fallout 4 Long Load Time error. Technical experts, troubleshooters, and several sources said that the above are the best ones to fix it.
If you didn’t see any change even after using all those methods, then the reason for it on your PC is severe. In this case, either you have to uninstall & reinstall the game or visit the Bethesda forums.
The final way to fix this problem is by contacting the Bethesda support team. You have to provide the details of the error to get any other solution that can solve it.
Final Words: Conclusion
Therefore, I can say that whenever a problem occurs with Fallout 4, there are several ways to fix it. If it is taking more time to load, then search for its cause and solve it with the best technique.
Through this troubleshooting guide, you are well aware of what to do when this Fallout 4 Long Load Time issue occurs. The interested users who hack this issue with their own methods can share them with us.
If anyone can’t fix it with our methods, then your tips will help them to solve it. Moreover, we will clarify all your doubts that come while applying the above instructions. Hopefully, this article makes the Fallout 4 game load faster on your Windows 10.