Are you facing Failed To Detect Location 12 while gaming Pokemon Go? Want to play this Pokemon Go game without any location issues? Then you came to the right place.
Pokemon Go is the best Smartphone video game designed by Niantic. It is developed based on Augmented Reality (AR). Android and iOS users can play this game on their Smartphones.
It creates a real-time virtual environment and uses your Smartphone’s GPS to locate you. The game entertains the gamer where they have to fight with the virtual creatures.
Like this, there are many other features in this Pokemon Go game. Since it uses the device location, we encounter problems with it. One such is Pokemon Go Error 12: Failed to Detect Location error.
There are several reasons for it, such as enabled Find My Device option on your Smartphone, etc. Whatever it may be, you can fix this problem with the tips and tricks given below.
Problem Overview: Failed To Detect Location 12
Game developers are designing new and attractive games for PC and mobile phone users. Presently, users are showing much interest in gaming on their Smartphones compared to PCs.
One of the video games that created tremendous enthusiasm among gamers is Pokemon Go. Smartphone users, both Android and iOS, can download this game on their devices.
It uses the mobile device’s GPS, and based on that, it creates the virtual environment and provides it to the gamer to play the game.
The gamer or the character on the Pokemon Go game has to find, capture, train, and fight with the virtual creatures. Though developers have taken care of all the perspectives while designing the game, gamers encountered various issues while playing it.
Pokemon Go Error 12: Failed to Detect Location is one of the errors that is faced by many users. The major causes of this Failed to Detect Location 12 are as follows.
Get in touch with those workable methods that can solve this Failed To Detect Location 12 issue on your Smartphone.
Related Problems: Failed To Detect Location 12
If you want to know various areas where you face this location error, you can go through the following paragraphs.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps: Failed To Detect Location 12
First, let’s use the basic methods provided in this section to resolve the Pokemon Go Failed To Detect Location 12 issue on your Android device.
Check the Signal Strength
The first thing you have to do when this failed to detect location 12 issue occurs is checking the signal strength. You have to restart the location service of your Android device.
- On your Android Smartphone, go to the Settings -> Tap on the Location option.
- Turn off the location and enable it by tapping the toggle button.
- Enter into the Location Mode -> Select the High Accuracy.
By this, the GPS is set to the maximum location accuracy mode. Now, launch the Pokemon Go game and check the problem is fixed or not.
Restart your Smartphone
Sometimes, restarting your Android Smartphone can solve many issues. If your GPS location is not detecting, then you need to reboot your device.
After that, re-login to your account and start playing it to know the Failed to detect location 12 is solved or not.
Steps To Fix Failed To Detect Location 12 Issue
If the above basic methods didn’t help you, then you have several other techniques that can fix the Failed To Detect Location 12 error.
- Step 1
Clear Game’s Cache and Data
If the cache and data of this Pokemon Go get corrupted, then you will see these kinds of errors. So, it is better to clear the data and cache from your device. For that,
- Tap the Settings -> Go to the Apps -> Locate Pokemon Go and tap on it to open.
- Now, choose the Storage option.
- You can see the Clear Data and Clear Cache. Tap on these options to remove the data and cache of Pokemon Go.
Now, relaunch the Pokemon Go game and see the problem appears again or not.
- Step 2
Disable Find My Device Option
In our study, we got to know that most of the users use fake locations while playing Pokemon Go. But if you enabled the Find My Device option, it stops you from playing the game.
To avoid these issues, you have to disable the Find My Device option on your Android.
- Unlock your Android Smartphone and tap on the Settings icon.
- Now, move to the Security section -> Tap on the Device Administrators option.
- If you see the Find My Device option is enabled, you have to tap on it to turn it off.
Click the start button to play Pokemon Go and see the Failed to detect location 12 is fixed.
- Step 3
Turn Off Mock Location
For testing, Developers of the Android devices include the mock locations option to use the fake locations. According to user reports, they have fixed this Pokemon Go Error 12: Failed To Detect Location error by disabling this Mock Locations option.
- Go to the Settings on your Android Smartphone -> Scroll down to the bottom and tap on the About Phone.
- Tap on the Build Number several times until you see a message stating, You are now a Developer.
- Again navigate to the settings and tap the Developer Options.
- Tap on the toggle button to turn on the Developer Options.
- Under the Debugging section, tap on the Select Mock Location App.
- Now, select the Nothing option.
Reboot your Android device and see the Failed to Detect Location 12 occurs while gaming Pokemon Go or not.
- Step 4
Spoofing in Game App
If you are a Pokemon Go player, then you know very well about Spoofing. It helps the user to simulate this virtual reality game without any issues.
In order to spoof in the Pokemon Go game, you need to execute the below instructions.
- Open the default browser (Chrome) on your Smartphone -> Type How to Root X. (Replace X with the Smartphone’s name and model).
- You need to follow the instructions provided by Google to root your device.
- Once the Smartphone is rooted -> Launch your web browser -> Download APK for GPS JoyStick Fake GPS Location.
- Go through the steps and complete the installation process.
- Open the App -> Choose Privacy Mode under the Quick Options.
- You can see a prompt saying Do you want to generate a new app copy or update an existing generated one. Tap on the Generate option.
- Type PokemonPro -> Tap Start.
- After that, tap on the install option to get the apps.
- Navigate to the Play Store -> Locate Link 2 SD and install it.
- Open the Link 2 SD -> Locate PokemonPro under the All Applications section.
- Go to the three-dots on the top-right corner -> Tap on the Convert to system app.
- Open PokemonPro and choose Settings.
- Enable the options, Enable Indirect Mocking, Enable System Mode, Disable Location Service, and Enable a GPS Reset.
- Now, move to the Settings on your Android and tap on the Location.
- In the next step, enable the location by tapping the toggle button.
- Choose the Mode option -> Select the Device Only option.
- Relaunch the PokemonPro game and choose the Set Location option by checking the radio button.
- Tap on the Click here to open the map -> Now, choose the location to start the spoofing.
If you still see the Failed To Detect Location 12 issue, move to the next steps.
- Step 5
Downgrade Google Play Services
Sometimes, installing the older versions of Google Play Services can fix this Failed To Detect Location 12 issue.
- Go to the Settings -> Select Apps -> Open Google Play Services -> Tap on the three dots -> Select Uninstall Updates.
- In the next step, open the browser and download the older versions of Google Play Services.
- Complete the installation process and check the problem is solved.
- Step 6
Change Settings in FGL Pro
A few Pokemon Go users use third-party apps, like FGL Pro, to use the fake location. If you’re using this app and facing the Failed to Detect Location 12 error, you need to make some changes to its settings.
- Firstly, launch FGL Pro and go to the Settings.
- Check the checkboxes next to the Secure Mocking and Autofix Mocking Location options.
- After that, set the Mocking Method to Method 2.
Relaunch Pokemon Go and see the Failed to Detect Location 12 error still appears or not.
Tips To Avoid Failed To Detect Location 12
Want to avoid this Failed To Detect Location 12 issue on your Smartphone? Then don’t forget to follow the below tips.
Contact Official Support
In most cases, Pokemon Go users can fix this Failed to detect location 12 error with the given troubleshooting methods. Are you fed up with the same error that occurs even after applying all the tricks?
If so, then you need to remove the game completely from the Smartphone. After that, freshly download and install it again on your device.
Ask your friends who play Pokemon Go and get suggestions from them to fix this error. If no one helps you, then you can contact the customer support of Niantic. They will let you know the steps that help in solving this Failed to detect location 12 issue.
Final Words: Conclusion
On the whole, Pokemon Go is the best AR video game for Smartphone users. You can play the game in a real-time virtual environment.
If it can’t locate your position or trace your location, then you can try fixing it by disabling the mock location, turning off the Find My Device option, and others.
Are you an expert and solved this issue with your own tricks? Then share those instructions to help many other Pokemon Go users.
For any compliments or queries, you can contact us and we will provide our services within no time. Not only this, but we also offer troubleshooting guides on various PC and Gaming errors.