Is Diablo 3 Keeps Disconnecting while playing it on your Windows 10 PC? Want to stop these disconnections and play the third installment of this Diablo game smoothly? Then you have landed in the right place.
Today, we came here to offer the troubleshooting methods that allow you to play the game without disconnecting from the Blizzard’s servers.
Diablo 3 is one of the best hash and slash action video games published by Blizzard Entertainment. It is a sequel to the second installment of Diablo.
Gamers can play this action game on their Microsoft Windows 10/11 PCs, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and other gaming consoles.
Sometimes, due to technical issues (like server down) and other reasons, the game gets disconnected on our PCs. Since there are several people who want a perfect solution, we came here with this article.
In the coming paragraphs, you will be going to see all those techniques that resolve this Diablo 3 Keeps Disconnecting problem.
Diablo 3 Keeps Disconnecting: Problem Overview
Blizzard Entertainment is the top gaming company that produces and publishes a variety of video games for game lovers. Some of the top-selling games in various genres are World of Warcraft, Overwatch, StarCraft, Hearthstone, etc.
Apart from these, Diablo is a successful gaming series with multiple parts. Till now, manufacturers have released three installments of Diablo, and Diablo 3 is the last one.
Diablo 4 is the upcoming part in the Diablo series and going to release soon. It gained a huge fandom, and several gamers play it on their PCs and consoles daily.
They get frustrated whenever any error occurs while playing this Diablo 3 game. Recently, gamers started complaining that they are experiencing disconnections while gaming the Diablo 3 on their devices.
Some say the problem repeats even after restarting the computer/console and Diablo III game. Based on those complaints, we investigated thoroughly and found the below reasons for this Diablo 3 Keeps Disconnecting issue.
Let’s move to the next section to know more about this problem and how to get rid of it on our systems.
Diablo 3 Keeps Disconnecting: Related Problems
Just have a look at a few more areas where you face problems while playing or launching Diablo 3 on your Windows PCs and gaming consoles.
Diablo 3 Keeps Disconnecting: Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Before you start using the primary steps, check the status of the Blizzard Entertainment servers. If they are not working or down, then wait until they work or contact the support team.
Move to the following methods if there are no issues with the servers of Diablo 3.
Restart your PC/Console
Whether you’re playing Diablo 3 on your Windows 10 or Windows 11 PC, restart the device if you encounter any issues. In most cases, this simple trick will solve all your problems.
Even you can use this technique when the Diablo 3 Keeps Disconnecting issue occurs on your PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PS5, Switch, and other consoles.
Once you reboot the PC or console, check if you’re still disconnecting from the Diablo 3 or not.
Power Cycle your Router & Modem
Due to network problems also, the Diablo 3 Keeps Disconnecting issue occurs. If there is any issue with your router and modem, then we can’t play the game at all.
Therefore, power cycle your network devices before you head towards any other methods.
- First of all, remove the power cables from your router and modem.
- Keep those network devices idle for at least 60 seconds or until they cool down.
- Now, plug the power sources back into your modem and router.
- Turn on the devices and wait until you see the indicator lights.
After that, reboot your PC and relaunch the Diablo 3 to know whether the problem repeats again or not.
Steps To Fix Diablo 3 Keeps Disconnecting Issue
You have some more techniques on your hands in order to fix this Diablo 3 Keeps Disconnecting problem on your Windows 10 and gaming consoles (PS4, PS5, etc.).
- Step 1
Close Conflicting Apps
Are you running any problematic applications on your Windows 10? There are some third-party softwares that conflicts with the Diablo 3 game.
Mainly, antiviruses and firewalls stop you from playing video games on your Windows PCs. If there is any antivirus software running in the background, then disable it temporarily.
At the same time, grant permissions to the Diablo 3 game on your Windows Firewall to stop these disconnecting issues. For that,
- Press Windows + R -> Type control firewall.cpl -> Hit Enter.
- On the left side, click on the Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall tab.
- Now, search on the list whether the Steam Client is included or not. If you did not see it, then click on the Change Settings button.
- After that, click on the Allow another app… button.
- Follow the on-screen steps and add the Steam app to play this Diablo 3 error-freely.
- Finally, click on the OK button to save the changes.
If you still face the Diablo 3 Keeps Disconnecting problem, go to the next tricks.
- Step 2
Use Wired Ethernet Connection
Diablo 3 is such a video game that needs a disconnected-free internet. If you are using a wireless network or Wi-Fi connection, then there are chances of signal loss or other network issues.
That’s the reason why we strongly recommend to connect your PC or console to a wired Ethernet network. So, switch from Wi-Fi to Ethernet and check if the Diablo 3 Keeps Disconnecting is solved.
- Step 3
Update Diablo 3 Manually
Another major reason that triggers this issue is playing the older version of the Diablo 3 game. You might not have installed the latest game patches released by Blizzard Entertainment.
So, follow the below procedure to update Diablo 3 manually on your computer.
- Firstly, go to the Start menu and open the Battle.net application.
- Once the main page of Battle.net opens, choose the Diablo 3 game.
- On the right side, click on the Options menu.
- It will show a list of options, and in that, select Check for Updates.
- Thus, it starts checking whether the Diablo 3 on your PC is up to date or outdated. It automatically installs the latest releases of Diablo 3 if it is expired.
After upgrading, restart your device and see if the problem is solved or still persists.
- Step 4
Run the Repair Tool
It is best to run the repair tool on your Battle.net app because it will fix the corrupted game files of Diablo 3 (if any).
- Click on the Start menu -> Type Battle.net in the search box -> Select the Battle.net app from the results.
- Choose Diablo 3 from the game list -> Click on the Options.
- From the drop-down list, click Scan and Repair option.
- In the next step, you have to tap on the Begin Scan button.
- It will start scanning for the corrupted files and repair them once detected.
Relaunch the Diablo 3 after finishing the repairing process to know if this trick solved the issue or not.
- Step 5
Upgrade Network Drivers
Network devices, such as routers and modems, work only when you use the supported drivers on your PC. Once take a look at your network drivers and upgrade them if they expired. For that,
- Press Windows + R to open the Run box -> Type devmgmt.msc -> Click OK.
- Expand the Network Adapters section by double-clicking on it -> Right-click on the network device -> Click Update Driver.
- Finish the process by going through some on-screen instructions on your PC.
After installing the latest network drivers, check the Diablo 3 Keeps Disconnecting issue is fixed.
- Step 6
Check for Windows Updates
There are several people who suggested to keep the Windows Operating System up to date on our computers. They said that outdated Windows OS is also one of the reasons for stopping you from playing the Diablo 3 on your PC.
- Click the Windows logo placed on the bottom-left corner of your screen -> Select the Settings or Gear icon.
- Now, click on the Update & Security section.
- Stay in the Windows Update tab, and tap on the Check for Updates button.
- Thus, it starts checking for the latest Windows updates. If you’re using the older versions, then it will download and install the latest ones. But it takes some time to finish the update process.
Finally, restart your device and start playing the Diablo III without any disconnecting issues.
- Step 7
Remove Battle.net Folder
According to some players, the corrupted Battle.net folder paves the way for the Diablo 3 Keeps Disconnecting problem. In this situation, deleting the Battle.net folder is the best option to fix it. For that,
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open the Task Manager.
- Now, shut down all the processes that are related to Blizzard Battle.net, Diablo 3 game, etc.
- Now, press Windows + E to open the File Explorer -> Navigate to the directory where you have installed the Diablo 3 game.
- Search for the Battle.net folder and delete it completely from your computer.
- In the next step, run the Battle.net app as well as upgrade the Diablo 3 game.
Once you’ve done the above steps, the Diablo 3 Keeps Disconnecting issue is successfully solved.
- Step 8
Release & Renew IP and Flush DNS
If none of the methods given above fix the issue, then flush the DNS and renew your IP address. We know very well that our desktops store the information related to the IP address and Domain Name.
In case if this cache data is corrupted or expired, then we cannot connect to the websites that we want on our PCs. And that is the reason why we are facing this Diablo 3 Keeps Disconnecting issue. To stop these disconnections, execute the below steps.
- Press Windows + X -> Click Command Prompt (Admin) to open CMD with administrator rights.
- If you see any prompt, click on the yes button to continue.
- Type the ipconfig /flushdns command and press Enter to execute it.
In order to renew your IP, use the following instructions.
- Again open the Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Type ipconfig /release -> Hit Enter.
- After that, type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
Now, start the Diablo 3 through Steam Launcher and check if the disconnecting problem is solved or still occurs.
Tips To Avoid Diablo 3 Keeps Disconnecting
Contact Official Support
You have some other ways if the above solutions didn’t solve the Diablo 3 Keeps Disconnecting issue. One such is uninstalling Diablo III completely and removing all its traces from your computer. After that, freshly start downloading and reinstalling it on our PCs.
If that’s not helping you, then take a look at the Blizzard forums and related communities, Reddit, related Steam communities, etc.
In case if the above steps didn’t stop you from disconnecting the game, then contact the Blizzard Entertainment support team.
Since the best technical team of it handles all these issues, they will provide certain instructions to fix this error.
Final Words: Conclusion
In conclusion, I would like to say that Diablo 3 is mainly structured for action game lovers. Don’t get frustrated when you have been disconnected from the Diablo 3 game while playing it.
With the simple techniques listed above, you can resolve the problem and start playing it again on your Windows 10/11 PCs and consoles.
For any compliments and queries on this guide, don’t hesitate to ask us. You can use the comment box to send your comments and questions.
Within no time, we will get in touch with you and clarify all your doubts. Thank you so much for your love and support.