Destiny 2 Error Code Chicken
Destiny 2 is one of the excellent games designed by Bungie. Even though, it causes many errors while gaming it on our Windows, Xbox, and PS4.
Earlier, we offered tips and tricks to fix several Destiny 2 errors, such as Error Code Baboon, Destiny 2 Crashing, etc. Now, we are providing instructions to another error code that is Destiny 2 Error Code Chicken.
It is one such error code that is commonly faced by numerous users on their consoles and PCs. In most cases, the reason might be the latest patches of Destiny 2.
Some users say the Beyond Light’s expansion, network issues, and router problems place top in issuing this error code. Whatever it might be, you can fix it with the perfect tricks.
Thus, move to the next paragraphs to know how to solve this Destiny 2 Error Code Chicken.
Bungie, the world’ best gaming company, always try to provide user’s favorite video games. Destiny 2 includes multiple expansions, such as Destiny 2 Forsaken (Year 2 Expansion), Destiny 2 Shadowkeep (Year 3 Expansion), and Destiny 2 Beyond Light (Year 4 Expansion).
When coming to the year 4 expansion that is Beyond Light, Destiny 2 shows problems while playing it. The Error Code Chicken mainly occurs due to connection issues.
Apart from that, the reasons that trigger this Error Code Chicken while gaming Destiny 2 on our PCs or Consoles are:
Whenever you face this error, the connection will be lost with your character server. By this, you can’t access the data of your character. It simply means, until and unless you fix the issue, you can’t access the Destiny 2 game.
Let’s go through all those methods that start playing the Destiny 2 game on your devices.
Apart from Error Code Chicken, Destiny 2 shows many more errors while playing it. The error codes that frequently occur are discussed below with their solutions.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Follow the instructions provided under the basic methods and execute them perfectly to resolve the Error Code Chicken of Destiny 2.
Relaunch Destiny 2 on your PC
The simplest method that makes you overcome the Error Code Chicken is closing and relaunching the game freshly on your PC.
If you have launched it through Steam, then close all its related processes. After that, relaunch the Destiny 2 again from Steam.
- Open the Task Manager by right click on start menu.
- Stay in the Processes tab and find the entries of Steam Client.
- Select the Steam processes one by one and click on End Process button.
- Like this, close all those Steam Client’s processes running on your PC.
- Now, relaunch Steam -> Go to the Game Library -> Open Destiny 2 and click the Play button to start playing it.
Check the Error Code Chicken again appears on your screen or not.
Power Cycle your Router/Modem
Is your modem/router working without any issues? Any device shows problems when it is getting older. In the same way, the router also stops functioning correctly or entirely damages if we are using it for long years.
If there is no physical damage to your modem, then power cycle it in order to fix this Error Code Chicken.
- First of all, remove the device that is connected to your router.
- Unplug the modem from your main power supply unit.
- Now, you have to wait for some time (not less than 30 seconds).
- Connect the power supply cables to your modem and turn it on. Now, the LED on your router turns white or green whenever the connection is established.
Now, launch the game and see the Error Code Chicken is disappeared or still shows while playing it.
Steps To Fix Destiny 2 Error Code Chicken Issue
The advanced methods that allow you to fix the Destiny 2 Error Code Chicken are listed below. Please apply them on your PC to get rid of this issue.
- Step 1
Use Wired Network (LAN)
For easy and quick usage of the internet, we use a Wi-Fi network on our devices. But there are some drawbacks, such as slow internet speed, sudden disconnections, etc.
Whenever these problems while playing games or browsing any web app, it shows error messages. This Destiny 2 Error Code Chicken is one such problem that causes due to wireless networks.
So, immediately use the wired network and start playing the Destiny 2 game without this Error Code Chicken issue.
- Step 2
Remove Download Cache in Steam
Even the download cache on your Steam Client leads to this problem on our desktop computers. That’s the reason why we suggest users to remove the download cache from Steam.
For that, follow the below step-by-step procedure.
- First of all, launch Steam Client on your PC.
- Go to the Steam button and click Settings from its menu.
- In the left-side panel, choose the Downloads tab.
- Come to the right side and click the Clear Download Cache option.
- It shows the confirmation window, and in that, click OK to continue.
- Thus, it completely removes Steam’s download cache.
Finally, reboot your PC and relaunch Destiny 2 to see the Error Code Chicken is disappeared or still exists.
- Step 3
Run Network Troubleshooter
The problems associated with the network adapters on our system are also one of the reasons for this Bungie’s Destiny 2 Error Code Chicken.
To find those issues and repair them, you can use the default or inbuilt Network Troubleshooter. By running this troubleshooter, we can resolve this issue.
- Press Windows + I to see the Settings page.
- From that, choose Update & Security section.
- Click Troubleshoot tab placed in the left-side panel.
- Click on Additional troubleshooters options.
- You will see the Network Adapters on the right side and click on it.
- Finally, click the Run the Troubleshooter button to start the troubleshooting process.
- Once the task is finished, launch Destiny 2 and play it without engaging any issues.
- Step 4
Try Reconnecting to the Servers
What if millions of gamers want to play Destiny 2 at a time? If this situation arises, then the load on the Bungie servers increases. And it causes Error Code Chicken while playing Destiny 2 on our PCs.
There are some other ways to connect to the Bungie servers without engaging with this issue. With the help of a VPN (Virtual Private Network), we connect to any of the Bungie servers from some other location.
Many users have successfully played by following this trick on their PCs. If you didn’t solve the error, then move to the next methods.
- Step 5
Clearing Cache in Console
The main advantage of storing cache on our browsers is the quick loading of the webpage. Like browsers, the video game consoles (Xbox One & PS4) also store cache that contains game-related files and data.
By using this data, it runs the game with ultimate speed within a short time. If these files are corrupted, or data might get infected, then we face error codes while running the game.
Thus, it does not connect to the Bungie servers and allows us to play the game. Therefore, clear the cache from the console.
- Power off your video game console.
- Remove the power cables from your console.
- Keep it idle for at least 5 to 10 minutes.
- Reconnect the power cables back to your console and turn it on.
- Now, launch the game and check whether you see the Error Code Chicken again or not.
- Step 6
Contact Internet Service Provider
When nothing helps you in fixing this problem, see whether there are any server issues with your home/office internet. If you found any such problems, then immediately contact your internet service provider.
They will correct the connection issues within no time and provide uninterrupted internet to load your favorite games error-freely.
Tips To Avoid Destiny 2 Error Code Chicken
Contact Official Support
We think that there is no need to contact the official support when the users applied the above methods correctly. Those tricks will definitely help you in resolving the Error Code Chicken.
If anyone who failed to fix it, then it’s the best option to check out the official forums of Steam and Bungie. They might found any other solution that can solve this error code.
When there is no useful stuff on these sites, you can try reinstalling it on your PC. Or else contact the technical team of Bungie. You have to tell them about the problem you are facing and get the right instructions to fix it.
Final Words: Conclusion
Therefore, Bungie’s Destiny 2 gamers no need to worry when they encounter any error because they can easily solve them. Either through the basic or advanced steps, we can fix the Error Code Chicken.
If you have any doubts about the above methods, then contact us at any time. We are here to offer our tips and tricks on any PC and gaming errors.
Subscribe to our blog and always keep in touch with the latest posts on various troubleshooting guides.