Are you facing Dev Error 6034 on your Xbox One while launching the Modern Warfare game? Want to fix this problem and play the COD: Modern Warfare game hassle-freely? Then you’ve landed in the right place.
Today, we came here to discuss the troubleshooting tricks that fix the Dev Error 6034 Xbox One issue. Due to this, gamers are unable to start and play their favorite Warzone or Modern Warfare game on the console.
In our primary investigation, we found that this dev error 6034 occurs due to outdated data packs or add-ons installed on your Xbox console.
In addition to that, there are several other reasons that cause this dev error. To know more information about this problem, we request you to follow this article until the end.
Dev Error 6034 Xbox One: Problem Overview
Call of Duty is one of the successful gaming series that released multiple games. One such is Modern Warfare, which is compatible with Microsoft Windows PCs, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and other devices.
There are some Xbox users who frequently complain about this Modern Warfare game. In their words,
“When I click the Play button or try to launch the COD Modern Warfare game, it shows an error message stating DEV ERROR 6034.”
The problem repeats even after rebooting their Xbox One consoles. Due to the continuous occurrence of this dev error, gamers are losing interest in playing the game.
But with a little bit of effort, you can resolve this Dev Error 6034 Xbox One issue. The first thing you need to know is why the problem is happening on your console.
According to us, the following reasons play a major role in stopping the Warzone or Modern Warfare game from launching on your Xbox One.
Once you find the root cause of it, pick the best-suitable method to fix it on your console.
Dev Error 6034 Xbox One: Related Problems
Before heading towards actual methods, know a few more problems that are completely related to this issue that you’re currently facing on your Xbox One.
Dev Error 6034 Xbox One: Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Start with the basic methods and try your luck in fixing the Dev Error 6034 Xbox One issue.
Close & Relaunch the Game
Before moving to any advanced tricks, restart the game and your Xbox One console. When you perform this action, the bugs or internal glitches can be fixed automatically.
- First of all, shut down the Call of Duty Modern Warfare or Warzone game on your console. Relaunch the game again and see if the problem is fixed or not.
- If not, reboot the Xbox One console and then check the dev error 6034 occurs again while launching the Warzone game.
Clear the Xbox Cache
The corrupted cache on your Xbox is also a reason for causing Dev Error 6034 problem. At this moment, removing the cache from your Xbox One is the best option. For that,
- Firstly, press the power button and hold it till the gaming console is shut down fully.
- Remove the power cords from your console.
- Keep the Xbox One console idle for at least 30 to 40 seconds. This will clear the entire cache out from your console.
- Now, reconnect the power cables back to the device and wait until the white light on the power brick switches to orange light.
- Finally, press the power button to start the console and launch the COD game to test if the dev error 6034 is fixed or still occurs.
Steps To Fix Dev Error 6034 Xbox One Issue
Don’t worry! There are a few more tricks that you can use on your Xbox One to eliminate the Dev Error 6034 issue.
[ps2id id=’Step-1 : Remove the Reserved Space on Xbox’ target=”/]
- Step 1
Remove the Reserved Space on Xbox
On our Xbox consoles, it allocates reserved space to save the latest updates and patches of the video games. But there are chances of facing this dev error due to the reserved space.
In this situation, clearing the reserved space on your Xbox One is the only option to fix the Dev Error 6034.
- Open the Call of Duty Modern Warfare or Warzone on your Xbox One -> Press the Options button placed on your Controller to open the game menu.
- Now, select the Manage game & add-ons and head towards the Saved Data category.
- On the right panel, select the Reserved Space -> Click on the Clear Reserved Space option -> In the confirmation prompt, click the Confirm button.
Reboot your console and check whether the dev error 6034 occurs again while launching the game or not.
[ps2id id=’Step-2 : Modify the DNS Settings’ target=”/]
- Step 2
Modify the DNS Settings
There are many reports that say the faulty or incorrect DNS settings will lead to Dev Error 6034 on your Xbox One. Therefore, change the DNS settings, as shown below.
- First of all, press the Xbox button on your Controller -> Under the Home screen, choose Settings.
- Go to the All Settings and click on the Network.
- Choose the Advanced Settings tab -> In that, select the DNS Settings option.
- You can see a drop-down menu, and in that, select Manual.
- Now, you have to set the Primary DNS and Secondary DNS values as 67.222.222 and 126.96.36.199 for the OpenDNS respectively. For Google DNS, you can set it to 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 respectively.
- Save the modifications and tap on the Continue button to test whether the DNS server is working or not.
[ps2id id=’Step-3 : Delete Add-ons and Data Packs of the COD Game’ target=”/]
- Step 3
Delete Add-ons and Data Packs of the COD Game
According to some reports, the gamers have successfully solved this Dev Error 6034 issue by removing the data packs and add-ons of the game.
We suggest you to execute the following instructions correctly to fix this issue on your Xbox One.
- Turn On your console and navigate to the Modern Warfare game -> With the help of the Controller, press the Options button.
- From the Game menu, select the Manage Game & add-ons option.
- Now, open the Add-ons and uncheck the boxes of the below data packs.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare – MP2 Pack
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare – Multiplayer Pack 3
- Save the changes and restart the console.
In case if the dev error 6034 still occurs, then try removing the following data packs in order to fix it.
- MP Pack 3 (3.4 GB)
- Data Pack 2 (8.0 GB)
- Campaign and Spec Ops Pack (14.8 GB)
- Survival Pack (5.9 GB)
- High Res Pack 1 (23.6 GB)
- Resolution Pack
- MP Pack (9.1 GB)
- Data Pack 1 (18.0 GB)
You can move to the following methods if this trick won’t resolve the problem that you’re facing on your console.
[ps2id id=’Step-4 : Update the Game and Xbox One’ target=”/]
- Step 4
Update the Game and Xbox One
Not only the above, but the outdated version of Modern Warfare is also one of the reasons for this dev error 6034 issue. So, don’t leave a chance to fix this problem.
- Press the Xbox button on your Controller to open the Menu -> Go to the Options -> Select Updates & Downloads.
- Now, you have to choose the Keep my games and applications up to date option.
- By this, it will install the latest updates of Warzone on your console.
If you still can’t launch the game error-freely, then check whether your gaming console is up to date. In case if it is outdated, then update it by installing the latest firmware.
[ps2id id=’Step-5 : Reinstall Modern Warfare’ target=”/]
- Step 5
Reinstall Modern Warfare
If the above solutions failed to fix the Dev Error 6034 issue, then uninstall and reinstall the Modern Warfare on your Xbox One gaming console.
- First of all, open the Menu by pressing the Xbox button and choose Settings.
- Under the Games tab, choose COD Modern Warfare or Warzone game.
- Press the Menu button -> Go with the Uninstall option.
- In the next step, select Uninstall All option. If you see any confirmation prompt, then choose yes to continue.
- It takes a few minutes to complete the uninstallation process. After that, restart your console and start reinstalling the game again.
For your information, you need to install the following data packs only on your Xbox One console.
- Modern Warfare Base Game
- Multiplayer Pack 2 (22.1 GB)
- Multiplayer Pack (6.0 GB)
- Multiplayer and Special Ops Pack (6.7 GB)
Note: In order to download and install this Modern Warfare game, you need 200 GB of free space on your console.
[ps2id id=’Step-6 : Reset Xbox Console’ target=”/]
- Step 6
Reset Xbox Console
If the Dev Error 6034 Xbox One occurs after reinstalling the Modern Warfare also, then resetting the console is the only option left to you.
Since resetting the Xbox removes all the data, you have to back up the files that are saved on your console.
- On your Controller, press the Xbox button -> Choose Settings -> Select the All Settings option.
- Under the System tab, navigate to the Console info & updates.
- In the next step, you have to select the Reset Console option.
- After that, go with the Reset and keep my games & apps option. You have to confirm it to proceed further.
- Thus, it starts resetting your Xbox One console and finishes within a few minutes.
Now, reinstall the COD Modern Warfare and launch it to check if the dev error 6034 occurs again or not. In case if the problem still persists, then select the Reset and Remove Everything option to fix it.
Tips To Avoid Dev Error 6034 Xbox One
Contact Official Support
We believe that the Dev Error 6034 problems get resolved without reinstalling the Modern Warfare or Warzone game on your Xbox One.
If the situation is out of control, then go with the reinstallation process. But there are some people who engage with the same error even after freshly installing it.
In that case, you need to visit the official forums of Activision to search for any other instructions. Or else try to contact the Activision Customer Team to ask them for their help in fixing this dev error.
At last, gamers can successfully fix it on their Xbox One consoles without fail because it is not a difficult issue to solve.
Final Words: Conclusion
On the whole, problems or dev errors occurs in any video game, including the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. By using the best workarounds, we can completely eliminate the issue on our devices.
The Dev Error 6034 Xbox One is a simple problem and can be rectified by proper troubleshooting techniques. If you have any queries regarding this issue, you can contact us at any time.
Not only this, there are several other dev error codes that you might encounter in the future. At that time, simply leave a message, and we will approach you with suitable methods.
To stay up to date with our blog and news articles, type your email ID and click the Subscribe button.