Destiny 2 Crashing
For PC gamers, the developers of Bungie designed the Destiny 2 game. Due to some reasons, the game will crash at the time of launching as well as while playing it.
No need to worry at all when this situation occurs because there are workable methods to fix this Destiny 2 Crashing error. Go and check out the troubleshooting methods listed below.
Destiny 2 is a wonderful multiplayer video that can be played with your friends by inviting them. For those who love to play shooting video games, this Destiny 2 is the best choice.
Most users have come across crashing or freezing issues while playing or starting it on their Windows PCs. That’s why we are providing tips and tricks to resolve this problem.
In the year 2017, Bungie released the Destiny 2 shooting video game. This first-person shooter game is compatible with Microsoft Windows, Xbox One, and PlayStation 2.
Millions of Windows PC users are downloading this game on their devices. We can get it directly from the official website of Destiny 2 or else purchase it from Steam.
You can search this Destiny 2 from the store of Steam Client. At the same time, we can play it directly from the Destiny 2 desktop icon or Steam.
But the game lovers of this Destiny 2 face various problems while running or in the middle of the gameplay. It suddenly crashes without any intimation.
There are a few reasons for the crashing of the Destiny 2 game. They are:
If you come across the crashing problem, then the reason might be anyone of the above. Why are you waiting for? Just move to the following sections to fix it quickly and easily.
The problems are most common while installing or launching or playing the games on our PCs. The following are some of the issues that might encounter with the Destiny 2 game.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
The basic troubleshooting methods that will help you in fixing the Destiny 2 Crashing are given below.
Check Your PC Meets Game Requirements
We hope that you provide all the requirements on your PC to install this Destiny 2. If you missed anything, such as RAM, GPU, and Processor, then you will see these kinds of errors.
For a moment, go through the following game specifications and check whether your PC meets them or not.
Run Destiny 2 with Admin Rights
Running Destiny 2 with the admin account can solve these crashing issues. Many users who already faced the problem have said that this method will fix the error.
- Open This PC or My Computer.
- Now, head towards the installation folder of Destiny 2.
- Right-click the executable file or .exe of the game and click Properties.
- Under the Compatibility tab, enable the Run this program as an administrator.
- Click the Apply and OK to save the changes.
Launch Destiny 2 and see the crashing still occurs or not.
Disable Firewall/Antivirus Software
In most cases, PC-related or gaming issues arise due to the firewall and antivirus software. Though these security suites restrict outsiders and viruses, it stops running some kind of apps, including games.
So, whenever you play games, like Destiny 2, you have to disable these firewall and antivirus apps temporarily. After finishing playing, re-enable them to safeguard your PC.
You can either disable them by launching the apps or through the Taskbar. After turning them off, check whether the game is launching and running smoothly or not.
Try out the BullGuard Antivirus because it contains the Gamer Mode that helps in avoiding these crashing errors.
Steps To Fix Destiny 2 Crashing Issue
When you fail to solve the Destiny 2 Crashing issue using the above basic methods, you can try out the below-advanced steps.
- Step-1 : Disable Overclocking
- Step-2 : Update GPU Card Drivers
- Step-3 : Disable Unnecessary Apps
- Step-4 : Set the Destiny 2 Priority to High
- Step-5 : Verify the Integrity of the Game Files
- Step-6 : Disable Full Screen Optimization
- Step-7 : Disable the Shader Cache
- Step-8 : Move DLL Files to Suitable Location
- Step 1
Overclocking makes the CPU running at a higher speed than the original speed rate. By doing so, the Windows PC is gradually increased. But due to overutilization of the CPU, the apps and games will crash.
That’s why we suggest the user to disable Overclocking or set the speed rate to the default ones.
- Go to the Start Menu -> Click Power Options -> Select Restart.
- When you see the manufacturer logo, press the Del key.
- Under the BIOS screen, select the Advanced options.
- Now, you have to choose the Performance.
- Locate the Overclocking option and turn it to Disable (If it is Enabled).
- Finally, save the changes and reboot your PC.
- Move DLL Files to Suitable Location
- Step 2
Update GPU Card Drivers
Updating the GPU drivers are very essential in running or playing the game smoothly on our Windows PCs. If they are outdated, corrupted, or incompatible, then we see a variety of errors.
One such problem that troubles due to this expired graphics card is crashing the Destiny 2 while launching or playing it. Therefore, install the latest updates of GPU drivers to update them.
Click here to download the IObit Driver Booster to upgrade the device drivers automatically.
For the manual update process, go through the below steps.
- Press Windows + R -> Type devmgmt.msc -> Hit Enter.
- Double-click the Display Adapters -> Right-click the Graphics Card (NVIDIA or AMD) -> Click Update Driver.
- There are a couple of steps that you have to finish to update the drivers.
After upgrade, restart the PC and launch the game to check the crashing issue is solved or not.
- Step 3
Disable Unnecessary Apps
Not all the applications or processes running on your PC are compatible with your game. And that’s the main problem and leads to conflicts while playing the game.
We can easily avoid these conflicts by stopping the processes running in the background. You can resume or restart them after completing the gameplay.
- Open the Task Manager by using Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys.
- Go through the Background Processes under the Processes tab.
- Now, find the processes that you consider unnecessary -> Right-click on it -> Select End Task.
- Like this, you can terminate all those unwanted processes on your PC.
- Step 4
Set the Destiny 2 Priority to High
If the Destiny 2 Crashing issue is not solved with the above methods, then set it to high priority using the following guidelines.
- First of all, launch Destiny 2 on your Windows computer.
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Del on your keyboard and select the Task Manager from the blue screen.
- Go to the Details tab once the Task Manager window appears on your screen.
- Right-click on the executable file Destiny 2 -> Choose Set Priority -> Click Above Normal or High.
- Finally, click the Change Priority to confirm the changes.
Now, launch Destiny 2 and see the game is running without any crashes or not.
- Step 5
Verify the Integrity of the Game Files
We all know that the corrupted folders or applications damage the entire PC and its performance. The same will applies to the game, which means the corrupted game files crashing the game while playing it.
To find and fix the corrupted game files, you have to execute the following steps on your PC.
- Launch Steam Client.
- Go to the Game Library to search for Destiny 2.
- Once you locate Destiny 2 -> Right-click on it -> Click Properties.
- Under the game properties page, select the Local Files tab.
- Now, go with the Verify the Integrity of the Game Files option.
- The rest of the process will be done automatically, which is checking and repairing the corrupted game files.
Within a few minutes, it will end the task and after that, close the window. Relaunch the Destiny 2 to confirm the issue is fixed or still exists.
- Step 6
Disable Full Screen Optimization
In order to enhance the gaming performance, we enable the full-screen optimization feature. But there are some reports that say this feature leads to many issues, including the game crashing.
I think that the full-screen optimization option is enabled on your PC, and thus, causing the Destiny 2 Crashing issue. So, quickly disable it to resolve the error.
- Right-click the .exe file of the Destiny 2 -> Choose Properties.
- Now, click the Compatibility tab under the Properties window.
- You can find Disable Full-Screen Optimizations option. Check the checkbox placed beside it.
- To save the changes, click the Apply and OK buttons.
Once finished, reboot your device and launch the game to check the issue is fixed or not.
- Step 7
Disable the Shader Cache
Are you using NVIDIA Graphics Card? Then you need to disable the Shader Cache when you encounter crashing issues with the Destiny 2 game.
According to the user reports, this technique will help in solving the issue on the PCs. So, try to disable the Shader Cache using the following steps.
- First, right-click on the empty space of your desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel of NVIDIA, choose Manage 3D Settings under the 3D Settings.
- Go to the Global Settings section and locate the Shader Cache.
- Click on it to turn it off.
- After that, navigate to the following path,
- C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache.
- C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache.
- Delete the files under this folder or else copy them into some other location as a backup.
- Step 8
Move DLL Files to Suitable Location
Are you fed up with this Destiny 2 Crashing issue after trying these many methods? This simple trick may solve the crashing problems. That is moving the DLL files of Destiny 2 to a different location on your computer.
One of the DLL files named GFSDK_Aftermath_lib.dll might be causing the crashing issue. So, transfer this file to another directory as mentioned below.
- Click This PC or My Computer.
- Copy and paste the following path in the address bar.
- C:\Program Files\Destiny 2\
- Locate the GFSDK_Aftermath_lib.dll -> Copy the file.
- Open the following location and paste the DLL file here.
- Destiny 2\bin\x64
Once you finish the steps, launch the game and see that it is running smoothly or still crashing.
Tips To Avoid Destiny 2 Crashing
Contact Official Support
The crashing problem is the most frustrating one while playing the game on our PCs. We lose our interest to play the game when these kinds of errors occur.
That’s the reason why we recommend the user to try the above-listed troubleshooting steps to resolve the Destiny 2 Crashing completely. Those are the successful methods in solving the error, and many of them have proved it.
Apart from the above ones, disabling the game overlays and disabling the Game Bar on your Windows PC might help you. If you still face the problem, then uninstall and reinstall the game freshly. Apart from that, you can try checking for any other methods in the forum sites.
As a final option, the gamer can contact the official customer support team of Destiny 2 to get their assistance in fixing it.
Final Words: Conclusion
At last, the Destiny 2 Crashing problem is solved successfully using this troubleshooting guide. By applying these methods, we can play the game without falling any problems.
We also welcome your own hacks and tips that can solve this crashing issue. If you have any queries regarding this guide, then contact us through the comment box.
Click the subscribe button to get the latest troubleshooting guides on various PC and game-related errors. Thank you so much for your love and support of our blog.