Is the Dead by Daylight game crashing in the main menu and while playing it on your Windows computer? Are you getting frustrated with the repeated crashes of this video game? Then this article is drafted for you people.
Dead by Daylight is one of the popular and trending multiplayer games where players enjoy a lot while playing it. The theme of the game is very interesting because one player acts as the savage killer and the rest of the players (four players) act as the survivors.
Like many other games, Dead by Daylight also trouble the user at the time of launching or middle of the gameplay. But it is considered a simple issue, and many players solved it with the following techniques.
To help you and allows you to play this game error-freely, we listing all those workarounds in this post. Just read the paragraphs carefully and apply the instructions as we mentioned.
Dead by Daylight Crashing Problem Overview
Behaviour Interactive developed this Dead by Daylight game as one of the best horror video games. It was designed by a famous designer named Dave Richard and was published on the market in the year 2016.
Designers structured this horror game to gain gamers of all sides, and that’s the reason why it was developed on multiple platforms. You can download and install the Dead by Daylight on your Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, etc. Compared to consoles and other devices, more gamers prefer to play it on their Windows PCs.
But there are some drawbacks too while dealing with this Dead by Daylight game. Whenever we try to open the game, it will not respond and crashes all of a sudden. The game also crashes while players seriously playing it on their computers.
We have found the top reasons that cause this Dead by Daylight Crashing issue. They are:
Once you get to know the reasons for this error, you can find a suitable method from the list and fix the issue on your Windows 10.
Dead by Daylight Crashing Related Problems
Check out this section in order to get in touch with some of the problems that are related to this Dead by Daylight Crashing issue.
Dead by Daylight Crashing Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Want to start with the primary solutions to fix this Dead by Daylight Crashing? Then go through the below ones.
Match the Game and PC Specifications
Many players try rebooting their Windows computers and check the problem is solved. If the game crashes after restarting, then the issue might link with the specifications part.
When your computer doesn’t hold the required configurations to run this Dead by Daylight, these kinds of crashing errors are quite common.
So, it is your duty to check the game requirements and verify whether your PC satisfies them or not. If your system is lacking any of the required specifications, then include it to play the game error-freely.
The following are the game requirements that your PC needs to run Dead by Daylight:
Run Dead by Daylight as Administrator
Some advanced video games need special permissions to run it smoothly on the desktops. Dead by Daylight belongs to that category. If you can’t provide the required rights, then the game may not responds and crash at any time.
So, you have to launch this horror video game with the admin rights as shown below.
- Open the installation folder of Dead by Daylight -> Right-click the .exe file -> Click Properties.
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab -> Enable the Run this program as an administrator by ticking the checkbox.
- Save the changes and exit the window.
Now, check the Dead by Daylight game is crashing while playing it on your PC or not.
Steps To Fix Dead by Daylight Crashing Issue
If the basic methods didn’t help you in resolving the Dead by Daylight Crashing, then move to the below steps to fix it.
- Step 1
Verify the Game Integrity
Corrupted game files are the main reason for crashing the horror video game on your Windows 10. To overcome this issue, repair these corrupted items. If you are launching the Dead by Daylight through Steam, then it is easy to fix it.
- First of all, launch Steam Client on your computer.
- Open the Library -> Locate and right-click the Dead by Daylight game -> Click Properties from the context menu.
- Under the Local Files tab, click the Verify the Integrity of the Game Cache.
It immediately starts verifying each and every file of the game and repairs the corrupted ones.
- Step 2
Update your Graphics Card Drivers
Are the graphics card drivers on your Windows 10 expired? Have you forgotten to install and upgrade the GPU drivers? Then it’s your fault for causing the crashing issue while playing this Dead by Daylight game.
Whenever the manufacturers release the latest drivers, you have to install them on your PC to run the devices correctly. Update the graphics card drivers in order to play this video game uninterruptedly.
- Press Windows + R -> Type devmgmt.msc -> Hit Enter.
- Expand Display Adapters -> Right-click the GPU Card -> Click Update Driver.
- Now, head towards the on-screen steps and finish them to upgrade the drivers.
Once the update process gets completed, check the crashing problem is fixed or not.
Note: IObit Driver Booster allows Windows users to upgrade the device drivers automatically. You can download and install it on all the later versions of Windows 7 to update the drivers within a few seconds.
- Step 3
Modify the Power Settings
Some users suggested that changing the power settings like mentioned below can permanently solve the Dead by Daylight Crashing error.
- Press Windows + X -> Click Power Options.
- On the right-side panel, enable the High-Performance option.
Now, launch the Dead by Daylight and check the game is crashing on your PC or not.
- Step 4
Run the Dead by Daylight in Compatibility Mode
After upgrading the Windows 10 operating system, you might face crashing issues while launching the Dead by Daylight. This may happen to many users because the new patches of your OS might not be compatible with the game.
In order to play it on your PC without any issues, run the game in compatibility mode.
- Go to the desktop, right-click the Dead by Daylight game, and select Properties.
- Once you see the Dead by Daylight Properties wizard, open the Compatibility tab.
- In that, enable the Run this program in the compatibility mode for option.
- Below you can see the drop-down list -> In that, choose the Windows edition that is older than the currently using one.
- Finally, click the OK button to save the settings.
Launch Dead by Daylight through Steam and see the error occurs again or not.
- Step 5
Repair the EasyAntiCheat
You know what! You can see this EasyAntiCheat service on your from the moment you installed the Dead by Daylight because it is installed automatically with the game.
In case if the EasyAntiCheat service gets corrupted or damaged, then you can’t play the game smoother. Thus, it is mandatory to repair the EasyAntiCheat to overcome the crashing problem with this Dead by Daylight game.
- Press Windows + E to open the File Explorer.
- On the right-side corner, you can see the search box -> Type EasyAntiCheat -> Hit Enter.
- After that, right-click the executable file of EasyAntiCheat and select Run as Administrator.
- Now, you have to click the drop-down box and choose Dead by Daylight.
- Finally, click the Repair Service to start finding the corrupted files and repairing them.
After successfully completing the process, relaunch Dead by Daylight to test the crashing error is solved.
- Step 6
Turn Off Steam Overlay
According to some users, disabling the Steam Overlay can solve the Dead by Daylight Crashing problem on Windows 10.
Therefore, read the below procedure and execute them on your computer.
- Launch Steam -> From the Library, right-click the Dead by Daylight -> Click Properties.
- Stay in the General tab -> Uncheck the Enable the Steam Overlay In-Game option.
- Click the Close button.
After disabling the Steam Overlay, you have to check the crashing problem occur while launching or playing the Dead by Daylight game.
- Step 7
Disable FPS Lock
Before you proceed to uninstall and reinstall the Steam and Dead by Daylight, try to fix it by disabling the FPS Lock.
- Open the Run dialog -> Type %appdata% -> Click OK.
- In the AppData folder, open the below path,
Go to the Local folder -> Locate the Dead by Daylight and double-click on it -> Select the Saved folder -> Go to the Config -> Open WindowsNoEditor.
- Find the GameUserSettings.ini -> Right-click on it -> Click Notepad.
- Locate the bUseSync line -> Modify its value to False.
- Press Ctrl + S to save the changes and exit the Notepad.
After that, you have to check the Monitor Rate. For that,
- Go to your desktop -> Right-click the empty space -> Click Personalize.
- The settings page opens on your screen -> In that, go to the Search bar, type Display, and hit Enter.
- Select the Change Display Settings -> Locate the Display Adapter Properties.
- Go to the Monitor tab and check the Monitor Rate.
You can get to know whether the monitor rate is 60 Hz or more/less. If it is 60 Hz, then go through the below steps.
- Find the Engine.ini file -> Right-click on it to select Notepad.
- Go to the last line of the file and press Enter to place the cursor in the new line. Now, copy and paste the below text.
MaxSmoothedFrameRate= [your maximum display refresh rate] bUseVSync=false
- Go to the File menu and click the Save option to save the changes.
- Exit the Notepad.
Now, launch the Dead by Daylight game and check the crashing issue is solved or not.
Tips To Avoid Dead by Daylight Crashing
Contact Official Support
Crashing the Dead by Daylight game is not a dangerous issue, so you no need to worry at all. The above methods are much enough to fix this crashing error on your Windows PC.
If the game still crashes, then uninstall and reinstall both Steam and Dead by Daylight game. Sometimes, visiting the forums like Steam, Reddit, and others can also help you a lot in fixing it.
Users who already faced this Dead by Daylight Crashing error and solved it can post their instructions. You can use them to get rid of the issue on your computer.
If no one responds to your thread, then contact the official support team of Dead by Daylight. The help desk of Behaviour Interactive will help you in fixing it.
Final Words: Conclusion
On the whole, users who have a fantasy in playing horror games can choose this Dead by Daylight game. Dave Richard included stunning graphics to provide gamers a real-time experience of horror while playing it.
These crashing problems are very common, and you can easily come out of it with our troubleshooting methods. If you have solved it with new tricks, then communicate with us to help several other users.
Moreover, we are always here to help you clarify your doubts on a variety of technical issues. Keep supporting us by subscribing to our blog.