Sometimes, people who are using Windows OS come across the below error message while opening any app, game, or Chrome browser.
Can’t Find The Name Of Intel ICD OpenGL Driver
Since we got several requests from Windows users regarding this issue, we are listing out the best techniques in this post.
In order to run certain applications or video games, we need the graphics card and supported drivers. If anything goes wrong with the video card devices like incompatible drivers, then we come across these errors.
To help you to come out of this problem, you can use simple tips and tricks. By reaching the end of this article, you’ll fix this Can’t Find The Name Of Intel ICD OpenGL driver issue.
Problem Overview: Can’t Find The Name Of Intel ICD OpenGL Driver
On our Windows PCs, we browse several programs that use OpenGL ES, like Google Chrome, etc. Apart from that, there are many video games that use OpenGL Embedded Systems.
Some Windows users come across problems while using these programs. Can’t Find The Name Of Intel ICD OpenGL Driver issue appears after upgrading Windows Operating System to the latest version.
While upgrading, it installs the wrong or unmatchable HD Intel Driver and shows this error message. According to our study, this problem occurs while updating or changes made to the following applications.
Like this, there are many other programs where you can see this problem. The main reasons for causing Can’t Find The Name Of The Intel ICD OpenGL Driver.
In this troubleshooting guide, we are listing out the best workarounds that will surely resolve this issue and allow you to upgrade the drivers error-freely.
Related Problems: Can’t Find The Name Of Intel ICD OpenGL Driver
Basic Troubleshooting Steps: Can’t Find The Name Of Intel ICD OpenGL Driver
Now, let’s talk about those primary steps that you have to follow whenever you face the Can’t Find The Name Of Intel ICD OpenGL driver issue on your Windows 10.
Close & Relaunch the App/Game
Try fixing the Can’t Find the Name Of The Intel ICD OpenGL Driver issue by closing the application or the game that you’re currently running on your PC.
After a few minutes, relaunch the app or start the gameplay to know the problem is fixed or still appears.
Restart your Windows 10
The immediate action from your side when you face problems while browsing on Chrome or playing games is restarting your computer.
Sometimes, the Intel ICD OpenGL Driver issue can be resolved by rebooting the PC. Once the system starts, open your Google Chrome to test whether the error occurs again or not.
Steps To Fix Can’t Find The Name Of Intel ICD OpenGL Driver Issue
If the above basic methods do not fix the trouble, you have some more techniques given in this section.
- Step 1
Update your Intel Graphics Driver Manually
Most users have successfully resolved this issue by upgrading the Graphics Card drivers on their Windows 10. Due to incorrect drivers, you can see this error while browsing the internet or playing games.
One can upgrade the drivers in two ways, manual and automatic. Now, we are going to see the instructions that help you to update the drivers using the manual process.
- First of all, press Windows + R to open the run dialog box.
- Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
- Expand the Display Drivers -> Right-click the GPU card that you’re using currently -> Click the Update Driver software.
- Go through the on-screen steps and complete the update process on your computer.
After updating, restart your PC and check the problem is solved or not.
- Step 2
Update your Intel Graphics Driver Automatically
If you want to complete the driver update process easily and smoothly, we suggest you go with the automatic method. In order to upgrade automatically, you have to install the best driver updater, such as IObit Driver Booster.
IObit Driver Booster is one of the best & free driver updater for Windows 10. With the quick scan mode, it thoroughly checks for the expired or older drivers on your computer and lists them.
After that, it allows you to download and install the latest drivers by tapping on the Update All button. It gets the newer versions from the official manufacturer sites, but not from the third-party sites.
- Step 3
Roll Back the GPU Drivers to the Older Versions
Some users reported that the Can’t Find the Name Of Intel ICD OpenGL Driver issue occurs after upgrading the drivers to the latest versions.
If you belong to the same situation, then restore the older drivers by using the below steps.
- Press Windows + X -> Click Device Manager.
- Double-click the Display Adapters to list out the available GPU Cards.
- Right-click the Intel Graphics Card -> Click Properties.
- On the Properties window, navigate to the Driver tab.
- Now, click on the Roll Back Driver option to get the older versions of the Intel Graphics Card.
After rollbacking the drivers, check the problem is disappeared on your PC or not.
- Step 4
Change the Application Version to your PC Architecture
The incompatible app architecture version is also one of the major reasons for causing the Can’t Find the Name Of Intel ICD OpenGL Driver issue on your computer.
For example, the program or the game is designed for the 32-bit PC architecture. If you are trying to use it on your 64-bit architectured PC, then you will see these kinds of problems.
Therefore, you have to change the application version to the correct PC architecture. For that,
- Press Windows + R -> Type cmd -> Hit Enter.
- It opens the Command Prompt on your desktop. Now type the following command and press Enter to execute it.
- wmic os get osarchitecture
- It shows the currently used architecture under the OSArchitecture.
- After knowing your OS architecture, check whether the application that you want to use is of the same OS architecture.
- If both are not the same, then uninstall the app and reinstall the correct version.
- After reinstalling the correct app version, restart your computer and check the problem appears again or not.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Do I Update My Intel Graphics Driver?
- Firstly, press Windows + I to open the Settings.
- Now, click the Update & Security section.
- Under the Windows Update tab, click on the Check for Updates option.
- If there are any new updates, then it will automatically install them on your PC.
How Do I Fix OpenGL ES Error?
If you want to fix the OpenGL ES Error on your Windows 10, then use the below methods.
- Uninstall and reinstall the display drivers to keep them up-to-date.
- Running the System File Checker (SFC) Scan also fixes this issue.
- Installing the latest GPU drivers in the compatibility mode is also the best option to solve it.
- Make changes to your Windows PC settings to improve the performance.
Tips To Avoid Can’t Find The Name Of Intel ICD OpenGL Driver
Contact Official Support
Mostly, the problem (Can’t Find The Name Of Intel ICD OpenGL Driver) can be solved by using the above methods. If upgrading or roll backing the GPU drivers can’t fix the issue, you need to take the help of professionals who deals with these problems.
Or else go to the nearest peripheral repair store and tell about the issue to the technicians so that they can fix the issue.
Finally, contact the support team of manufacturers of your graphics cards (Intel Graphics Card) to get help from them. At last, one can easily solve this error and use the programs & play the games error-freely.
Final Words: Conclusion
To sum up everything, I would like to say that the issues with this Intel ICD OpenGL Driver can be fixed either by installing the latest drivers or restoring the older drivers.
In some cases, the problem gets resolved by changing the program version to your PC architecture. If you have any queries or clarifications on this guide, you can feel free to ask them with us.
Even we welcome your suggestions that encourage in improving our services. Are you facing any other technical issues? If so, leave the message in the comment section.
Hopefully, this troubleshooting guide helped you in solving the issue that you are currently facing on your computer.