Are you getting Windows 10 Personalized Settings Not Responding error? Don’t panic! As many users face this issue, they can easily fix it using the following methods.
After restarting Windows 10, the user will see this Personalized Settings Not Responding pop-up window at the top-right corner. It appears with a blank screen on your desktop.
It is categorized as the frequently occurring Windows problem. But you need to fix it immediately for accessing the files and apps on your PC.
By following this post until the end, you can get rid of this Windows 10 Personalized Settings Not Responding error.
Windows 10 Personalized Settings Not Responding: Problem Overview
According to our research, the Personalized Settings Not Responding issue occurs after updating the Windows to the latest versions.
When you start your PC after updating the OS, this error appears with a blank screen on your screen. By seeing this, some users will shock and feel tense.
Windows users can come across many users while working on their PCs/laptops. And this Personalized Settings Not Responding is not a difficult issue. Using the perfect methods listed below, we can overcome this problem.
When this problem occurs, the user will not use their desktop normally. They cannot access any applications or icons because they see only the blank black screen with the error pop-up window.
Due to Windows Update, the File Explorer on your PC can’t start normally. And by this, the Personalized Settings Not Responding error appears on display.
We have identified a few reasons for the occurrence of this Windows 10 Personalized Settings Not Responding error. They are:
Now, you are well aware of why this error encounters and what its causes are. So, thoroughly follow the below sections of this post. By executing the given guidelines carefully, you can make the error pop-up disappear.
Windows 10 Personalized Settings Not Responding: Related Problems
In this section, you will get fixes for those problems related to the Personalized Settings Not Responding issue.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Read and apply the basic methods that can fix Windows 10 Personalized Settings Not Responding error. Follow the step-by-step procedure carefully.
Restart Windows Computer
In our previous posts related to the Windows error, we said that the user can fix the issue by rebooting the PC. Several Windows users are resolved different problems that occur on their desktops.
In the same manner, we want those users that face this Personalized Settings Not Responding can do the same. That is restarting the PC.
Here, we suggest you repeat the restart process more number of times. It means you have to reboot the PC continuously five to ten times.
According to the reviews and research, many users have resolved this issue with the repeated restart process.
Re-launch Windows Explorer
Re-launch the Windows Explorer to fix the Personalized Settings Not Responding error. You can do this by using the Task Manager on your PC.
- You can use the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys and select the Task Manager. (Or else press Windows + X and choose the Task Manager in the list of options).
- By default, it opens the Processes tab. You can see all those processes running on your PC. From that, select the Windows Explorer processes.
- Right-click on that process and choose the Restart option.
- Now, open the File Menu and click the Run New Task.
- It opens the Create New Task pop-up window. Here, type explorer in the search box.
- After that, check the checkbox of Create This Task With Administrative Privileges option and hit the OK button.
- Thus, you can see your desktop.
- Restart the computer and see the Personalized Settings Not Responding error appears or not.
Check for Driver Updates
Upgrading the drivers can also solve this Personalized Settings Not Responding issue. Thus, you can access your PC without hurdles. Go through the below guidelines to check & update the expired drivers.
- Use Windows + X keys at a time on your keyboard.
- From the list that contains several options, click the Device Manager.
- Choose the drivers and right-click on it to select the Update Driver option.
- Thus, it navigates to a new window. Here, click the Search automatically for the updated driver software.
- It immediately checks for the latest versions and updates the drivers.
If you think it is a long process, then simply install the best driver updater, such as IObit Driver Booster.
It will automatically identify the expired drivers and update them from the official manufacturer website. You can finish the update process with a single mouse click.
Steps To Fix Windows 10 Personalized Settings Not Responding Issue
Suppose the basic troubleshooting methods fix the Personalized Settings Not Responding error. Then follow this section to know the advanced mechanisms.
- Step 1
Remove Registry Key
Execute the below steps to remove a file from the Windows Registry. Thus, the Personalized Settings Not Responding disappears on your PC.
- Press the Windows icon on your keyboard and type regedit.
- Now, select the correct match and right-click on it. Choose Run as Administrator to open the Windows Registry with Admin rights.
- If the User Account Control prompt appears, click the Yes button.
- Navigate the below path,
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Active Setup > Installed Components
- Select the last item under the Installed Components. Right-click on it and choose the Export option to backup the file. (It helps to restore the deleted file when this method does not solve the issue).
- Again right-click on the last file and click the Delete option.
- Finally, reboot your computer and see whether the error disappears, and view your desktop.
- Step 2
Remove Newly Connected Peripherals
Even the peripherals or devices that you connected newly can also cause this error. So, you have to disconnect or remove all those devices from your computer.
By doing so, the Personalized Settings Not Responding error can be fixed on your Windows 10. Still, you see the error pop-up, go through the below methods.
- Step 3
Repair Corrupted Files
The corrupted files that exist on your Windows computer damage the PC a lot. It makes the operating system to stop functioning according to the user’s request.
To resolve the error, you need to use the System File Checker to detect and repair the corrupted items.
- Select the Command Prompt with the Administrator rights by pressing the Windows and X.
- Now, type this sfc /scannow command and press Enter.
- Wait until the scanning process completes on your desktops.
- After that, restart the computer. Thus, you will not see any more error prompts on your display.
- Step 4
Switch the Network Connection
- Open the Task Manager by using Ctrl + Alt + Del keys.
- At the bottom-right corner, you can see the Airplane Mode icon or Computer icon.
- Click the Airplane icon to switch the internet connection.
- After that, click the sign-out option located on your computer desktop.
- Now, you need to restart your PC and check whether the Personalized Settings Not Responding is fixed or not.
- Step 5
Update Graphics Card Driver
It is very important to use the updated Graphics Card driver on our Windows computer. If it is expired, then we see various errors, like the Personalized Settings Not Responding error.
- Open the Device Manager by running devmgmt.msc in the Run dialog.
- Now, identify the Device Adapters and expand it.
- Select the Graphics Driver and right-click on it to select the Update Driver.
- Thus, it starts checking and updating it to the latest versions.
Therefore, you will resolve the Windows 10 Personalized Settings Not Responding error.
- Step 6
Perform System Restore
Performing the System Restore can also fix the Windows 10 Personalized Settings Not Responding error. It helps in reverting the Windows to the previous state.
But to do this activity, we have to create the System Restore Points previously on our desktop.
- Step 7
Uninstall Windows Updates
Installing the Windows updates solve many issues and get the latest features. But the drawback of upgrading the OS to the newer builds is issuing various errors.
According to many users, they have seen this Personalized Settings Not Responding error pop-up immediately after updating the Windows.
That’s the reason why we suggest users to uninstall the recently installed Windows updates. For that,
- First of all, click the Shift key on your computer.
- Now, you can see the Choose An Option blue screen.
- From that, choose the Troubleshoot from the list of options.
- In the next step, click the Advanced Options.
- With this, you will see multiple options. In that, click the Uninstall Updates or Go back to the previous version option.
- After that, you have to go with the “Uninstall Latest Quality Update” option.
- Go through a few on-screen instructions to complete the uni nstallation process.
- In case if you again see the error pop-up, then repeat the above steps.
- Instead of selecting the Uninstall Latest Quality Update option, you have to select the Uninstall Latest Feature Update option.
Thus, the Personalized Settings Not Responding error disappears on your Windows 10.
- Step 8
Run Windows in Safe Mode
Safe Mode starts Windows 10 with minimum functionalities, use limited Startup applications, and stops using conflicting software like antivirus.
Thus, we can say that the Safe Mode can fix the Personalized Settings Not Responding error.
Click here to know How to Start Windows 10 in Safe Mode.
Tips To Avoid Windows 10 Personalized Settings Not Responding
Contact Official Support
After going through the above methods, you can fix the Personalized Settings Not Responding on your Windows 10. Either with the basic techniques or advanced tricks, we can get rid of this issue.
By this, we can use desktop icons, applications, and access files without any troubles. Most of the users had experienced positive results from the provided tips & tricks.
But some users cannot fix this Windows 10 Personalized Settings issue on their desktops. In that situation, we suggest them to go to the authorized service center.
Even though you can’t resolve it, then meet the official Microsoft technicians via email or chat. They will assist you in fixing the Personalized Settings Not Responding issue.
Final Word: Conclusion
In brief, the methods listed in the above paragraphs can solve the Personalized Settings Not Responding error.
At the same time, they can also use these techniques when the Windows Explorer and Task Manager are also not responding.
Apart from the listed methods, if you have any best alternatives, then do share them with us. Thus, it will help other Windows users to fix the same problem.
Hopefully, our post will give a clear picture of fixing the Windows 10 Personalized Settings Not Responding issue. And we are so much thankful for reading the article till the end.
If you have any queries or suggestions, then leave a message in the below comment section.