Last Updated on August 31, 2020 by Admin
Canon camera not recognized by windows 10
Canon is known for its high-quality image capturing feature. Its advanced lens can capture almost everything that we want. But when the user tries to connect it with their computer, they encounter “Canon camera not recognized by Windows 10” error.
Canon has a vast range of Cameras including both USB and Wireless based. It is the love of many photogenic people that’s why it is frustrating to get this error. Canon digital camera not recognized by windows 10 can arise due to several reasons, ranging from Driver issue to hardware flaw. If your Portable device driver is corrupt then your canon camera won’t connect to the computer. Do refer Problem Overview section to know more.
Don’t Panic! It is just a minor glitch that needs to be fixed. Your Canon camera will start getting recognized by your windows 10 soon after using the methods included in this article.
Canon Camera Not Recognized By Windows 10: Problem Overview
Under this when a user tried to connect a Canon camera to transfer or view their images, their Canon camera not detected windows 10. It made them unable to transfer and edit or use the images for further jobs.
Some other issues are eos utility not detecting camera windows 10. Canon’s Electro-optical system utility is made to establish communication between the system and a camera. But as per users’ report, it is not working resulting Canon camera not detected windows 10. Let’s have a sneak peek on various causes behind this issue:
There are various related issues with the Canon camera windows 10 connectivity error. As the causes are similar so the solutions would be. Do follow this article to fix the below-related problems as well.
Little things make a big impact. Here also this can be the real culprit. Your USB connector or Port can be the cause behind it. Let’s have a hands-on these causalities before digging it deeper.
Check on your USB connector
USB cable is an essential thing to look after. Make sure it is not damaged internally or externally. Make sure the USB cord you are using is compatible with your Canon camera. Refer your cameras manual to know the kind of cable you require as per your Canon camera model.
Like, for a compact digital camera, you should use IFC-400PCU in the case of a mini-B terminal. And IFC-600PCU in the case of micro-B terminal. This might can fix the Canon camera not detected windows 10 for you.
Check on your Systems USB port
Here, the culprit can be the connecting port as well. Please switch to another USB port to check on this. You can also try to connect it to another PC to confirm.
Sometimes, if other USB ports are in working condition or other devices are connected via them. It conflicts with another USB port internally by interfering in pulse. So, disconnect all other devices before checking on Canon camera window windows 10.
Reboot your system and Camera
This is the simple trick but most of the time this is enough. Just go for turning off your system to reboot the services. in case there is a conflict due to other services, it will get refreshed.
- Tap on the Power toggle for 30 to 40 seconds to turn it off hardly. Then remove its battery (In laptop) or remove the external power supply chord.
- Remove all the external peripherals. Wait for 5 minutes minimum.
- Then, turn on your system. After a few minutes, connect your canon camera through USB. Leave it connected for a few minutes without interrupting. Then, look for the power button on your camera and turn it “ON” and “OFF” several times.
If the connection gets stable then you are done here. Else, move to our Advanced Troubleshooting section to fix the “Canon camera not recognized by Windows 10”.
Step To Fix Canon Camera Not Recognized By Windows 10
There are chances that your USB driver has some issues. Canon camera’s EOS utility can also be the culprit here. Just follow the below-given methods to fix these internal glitches. We have included a various range of solutions to fix Canon camera USB not recognized by windows 10.
- Step 1
Turn off the Auto settings of Canon Camera
Some Canon models have auto power off and Wi-Fi/NFC configurations. In case this is enabled then you might struggle while connecting it to your computer. Like EOS Rebel T6s/T6i/T65 camera can’t establish a connection if this setting is enabled.
We advise you to disable these two features from the Menu of your camera. Then try to connect it with your Windows 10 system.
- Step 2
Remove the Memory card
There are chances that your canon camera has many images or photos in its memory card. This can cause such errors while loading your camera in the system.
Also, maybe the memory card has malfunctioned, this will cause unexpected issues.
- Step: Remove the memory card out and attach it with your system using a card reader. Scan it and transfer its files to your system directly.
Once you done with it, just connect your Canon camera to your Windows 10 system to check if it gets detected or not.
Note: In case there is no facility to connect Card reader in your system, then get a USB connector with the space provided to attach a card reader. Then connect the other side using your systems USB port.
- Step 3
Remove your Canon Camera
In case the issue is because of camera files, the reason can be canon digital camera driver windows 10. In case the files are corrupt then you will get the “Canon camera not recognized by Windows 10” error. Uninstalling the canon camera can fix it for you. Make sure you have plugged your Canon camera on the computer.
Go for the following steps to Uninstall it via Device Manager:
- Tap on the Windows logo key with alphabet “X” to get a list. Tap on the “Device Manager” to get into it.
- Now tap on the “Portable Devices” option. Locate your Canon camera in the list, right-tap on it, and choose “Uninstall” to remove it. If any dialogue box prompts just tap “OK” to confirm.
- Once the uninstallation is finished. Again, get into the Device Manager screen.
- Look at the top for the “Scan for hardware changes” symbol. Or right tap on the “Action” and choose scan for hardware changes option.
- This reinstalls your Canon camera.
Now, check of your Canon camera got detected or not in your Windows 10 system. if not then move to our next hack, as USB can be the culprit here.
- Step 4
Troubleshoot your USB
Windows USB Troubleshooter can fix the Canon camera USB not recognized by windows 10. In case there is an internal flaw in your USB then it will get fixed. If you are Windows 10 users then you might have to download the USB troubleshooter setup from the Microsoft website. This is not included in the Windows 10 system.
- Download the USB troubleshooter.
- Once downloaded, double-tap on the setup to run it.
- Tap on the “Next” toggle and continue with the on-screen instructions.
Once it finishes the troubleshooting, check if the issue “Canon Camera not recognized by Windows 10” got fixed or not. If not then go for updating your USB driver using our next method.
- Step 5
Update your USB hub Driver
USB Root hub can be the culprit here if you find any unknown devices there. This shows that it is not able to recognize it properly. Here, your driver might be the culprit. We advise you to first uninstall it then update your USB driver.
Go with the following steps to get a fix:
- Open your Device Manager, tap on the Windows key with “X” and choose “Device Manager”.
- Look for “Universal Serial Bus Controllers”, tap on it to expand. Right-tap on “USB Root Hub” (Or your systems USB) and choose “Uninstall”. Follow on-screen instructions till it gets removed.
- Once it is finished, On the Device Manager screen right-tap on the “Action” tab available on the top. Choose “Scan for hardware changes”. This will get back you’re the driver.
- Restart your system.
- Once the system turns on, again follow step 1 to open “Device Manager”.
- Go for “Universal Serial Bus Controllers”, tap on it to expand. Right-tap on “USB Root Hub” (Or your systems USB) and choose “Update Driver”.
- You will see two options, choose “Search automatically for updated driver software” option. It will start searching. Once it is done refresh your system.
Now, connect your Canon camera via USB to check if it is getting recognized or not.
- Step 6
Fix EOS utility not detecting Camera
EOS utility is required to perform all the related things like to manage camera settings, download images from the memory card, etc. it connects your Windows 10 system with the Canon EOS digital camera. Many users are facing issues with it, as it is unable to detect the Canon camera.
This method is especially for one having “eos utility not detecting camera windows 10” issue. Go with the below-mentioned steps.
- Tap on the “Windows logo key” with “S” to open the search bar. Type “EOS Utility” to search, locate in the result, and right-tap on it to choose “Open file location”.
- Now, a window will open, right tap on the EOS utility file and choose “Properties”.
- Now, switch to the “Compatibility” tab and mark the box “Run the program in compatibility mode for:”. And choose “Windows 8” from the drop-down list.
- Now, go down under Settings, look for “Run this program as an administrator”, check this box.
- Once done, tap on “Apply” then “OK” to apply these changes.
Now, open your EOS utility and connect your Canon camera to check if it works or not. We hope this has fixed your Canon camera not recognized by EOS utility.
If the “Canon camera not recognized by windows 10” issue is yet not fixed then switch to our Contact official support section.
Tips To Avoid Canon Camera Not Recognized By Windows 10 Issue
Contact Official Support
In case your canon camera is still not getting recognized then visit the official support of Canon camera. you can get online support at first. In case it doesn’t get fixed then go for an offline approach. Visit your nearest service center to get a fix in your Windows 10 system.
Also, take help by visiting the Canon official website to get your queries answered. No need to worry as this is a common issue and fixable.
Final Words: Conclusion
We hope that our teamwork has managed to fix the “Canon camera not recognized by Windows 10” issue for you. All the possible hacks have been included in this article. Please follow all the methods as per the given instructions. If you get interrupted by anything while applying our methods then do mention us via Comment.
If you have any views or suggestions regarding our blog or fix. Feel free to share with us, we are open to fresh ideas. Please give us your valuable feedback in the comment section below.