Borderlands 3 Stuttering
Is Borderlands 3 Stuttering issue bothering you in the middle of the gameplay? Are you facing this lagging problem constantly with this video game?
Don’t worry! Today, you can put an end to this trouble because this article contains several methods to this Borderlands 3 Stuttering issue.
I understand your problem because I engaged with these stuttering issues continuously while playing it on the desktop.
Many people are complaining about this Borderlands 3 Stuttering issue. It is considered the difficult and most annoying issue that occurs with the Borderlands 3 game. For that sake, we are providing quick solutions to fix it on your Windows PC.
Gearbox Software developed this action role-playing video game (Borderlands 3). In 2019, 2K Games published it for multiple platform users, such as Windows, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, etc.
Previously, Gearbox Software designed three of its installments, and it is the fourth one, and which is a sequel to Borderlands 2. You can download this action video game from its official site.
If you are a Steam user, then go to its store and purchase the Borderlands 3 game. Some users say that the stuttering issue is caused by outdated graphics drivers. Others say it is due to the usage of DirectX 12 on our Windows computers.
By gathering all this information, we have concluded the below reasons are the main ones that cause this Borderlands 3 Stuttering issue.
Now, you got to know the reasons for this error. Let’s scroll down to the following sections to check out the methods that can fix it.
Borderlands 3 users can check out this section to know a few problems that are related to the stuttering issue, along with their solutions.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Before you start using the following basic methods, restart your Windows computer and launch the Borderlands 3. If you still see the stuttering problem, then move to the below-steps.
Check the PC Requirements
The major mistake we all do is not checking the game requirements while installing it on our PCs. If your PC contains a low graphics card that is unmatchable with the Borderlands 3 or the RAM size is low, then the game will stutter while playing it.
So, before it’s too late, check whether your computer/laptop is satisfying the following game requirements or not.
If your computer fulfills the game specifications, then it might be some other reason that is causing Borderlands 3 Stuttering issue.
Check for Network Issues
Even if there are any network issues, then you will encounter lagging or stuttering issues. In this situation, you have to disconnect and re-connect the internet connection.
If the error is not fixed, then try restarting your router or modem. By this, the Borderlands 3 Stuttering might be fixed.
Make sure that you have connected your computer/laptop to a wired network (Ethernet). Don’t use the wireless or free Wi-Fi hotspots to play this Borderlands 3 on your PC because it causes many issues.
Close Network-Consuming Processes
Our PC runs several network-related applications. If there are many processes that consume more network resources, then it will show these kinds of lagging issues.
To resolve this problem, the best way is to disable the unwanted processes running on the device.
- Press Windows + R -> Type resmon -> Hit Enter.
- The Resource Monitor main window appears on your computer.
- Go to the Network tab -> Right-click the Process that you want to terminate -> Click End Process.
- If you see any confirmation window, then click the End Process option.
- Use the above steps and disable all those processes that use more network resources.
Finally, restart the PC and launch Borderlands 3 to see the stuttering issue is fixed or not.
Steps To Fix Borderlands 3 Stuttering Issue
It is not easy to fix this Borderlands 3 Stuttering issue. That’s why we have included some advanced steps below when the basic ones will not help you.
- Step 1
Use DirectX 11
According to the reports, the system owners who are using DirectX 12 application are facing Borderlands 3 Stuttering issues. Instead of using DX 12, switch it to DirectX 11 so that we can resolve this problem on our PCs.
Uninstall DirectX 12 from your Windows computer and install the older version (DirectX 11). If your PC already contains DirectX 11 and facing this issue, then move to the next method.
- Step 2
Update GPU Drivers
Expired graphics drivers also act as the major reason for stuttering and lagging issue while playing Borderlands 3. The manufacturers of NVIDIA and AMD always come up with the latest versions.
Whichever graphics card you have installed on your PC, use the following instructions to upgrade the drivers.
- Press Windows + R -> Type devmgmt.msc -> Click the OK button.
- In the Device Manager, you will see all the device drivers. From that, double-click the Display Adapters to see all the graphics cards.
- Right-click the Video Card -> Click the Update Driver option.
- Click the Search automatically for the updated driver software option.
- Follow the on-screen steps to finish the update process on your device.
After rebooting the system, check the game runs without any lagging issue or not. If you want to update the drivers automatically, then use the third-party driver updater, such as IObit Driver Booster.
- Step 3
Set Texture Streaming to High
We all think that lowering the graphics settings can eliminate the lagging issues. But the fact is by setting the graphics to low, the gaming performance will slow down.
In order to resolve this Borderlands 3 Stuttering error, you have to configure the Texture Streaming to High or Ultra. Once you modify this change on your game’s video settings, save them and restart the game.
Now, check the stuttering problem is occurring or not while playing it on your PC. If the problem still persists, then use the below techniques.
- Step 4
Change Windows Graphics on your Windows 10
If none of the above methods help you to fix this Borderlands 3 Stuttering issue, then make some changes to your Windows 10 Graphics.
- Go to the Start menu -> Type Graphics -> Click the Graphics Setting option.
- Under the Choose an app to set preference, select the Classic App option from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Browse button -> Select the executable file of Borderlands 3 -> Click Add button.
- Now, you will see Borderlands 3 at the bottom. Once it appears, click on it to choose Options.
- In the next step, you need to choose a High-Performance setting.
- Click Save and reboot your computer.
Relaunch Borderlands 3 and see the stuttering problem is resolved or not.
- Step 5
Renew IP Address
Many Borderlands 3 users have said that renewing IP addresses can fix this stuttering issue on Windows PCs. You have to execute the following steps to renew the IP address.
- Press Windows + X -> Click Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type the below commands and press Enter after each command.
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew
- ipconfig /release
- After executing the above steps, type ipconfig /flushdns and hit Enter on your Command Prompt.
- Step 6
Use Google Public DNS Address
Using Google Public DNS Address is also the finest method to resolve the Borderlands 3 Stuttering issue. To do so, follow the below instructions.
- Go to the System Tray -> Right-click the active network icon in the Taskbar -> Click the Open Network & Internet Settings option.
- Go with the Change Adapter Options -> Right-click the currently using network connection -> Click Properties.
- Navigate to the Networking tab, click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IP) -> Click Properties.
- Stay in the General tab, enable both Obtain an IP address automatically and Use the following DNS Server addresses by checking their radio buttons.
- Enter the following values in the respected fields.
- Preferred DNS Server: 188.8.131.52
- Alternate DNS Server: 184.108.40.206
- To save the settings, click the OK button.
Now, relaunch Borderlands 3 and check the stuttering problem is fixed or not.
Tips To Avoid Borderlands 3 Stuttering
Contact Official Support
We believe that before reaching this section, the user can solve this Borderlands 3 Stuttering issue. One or other tricks explained above will definitely fix it on your Windows 10.
If in case anyone still suffers from this lagging issue, then they have to uninstall it completely, including deleting the game cache folders from the PC. After that, reinstall it freshly without any mistakes.
Even though you face the same issue, then check out the famous discussion sites, such as Gearbox Software forums, Reddit, etc.
Or else directly contact the support team of the Borderlands 3 to get their assistance in fixing it.
Final Words: Conclusion
Therefore, I would like to say that Borderlands 3 is a fantastic shooting video game that can be played on our Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 PCs.
Whenever it lags due to any of the reasons listed above, you can use our tricks to solve it. Though it is a big problem, the user can surely fix it and play the game smoothly on their devices.
If any user faces trouble in understanding our instructions, then ask for help by just leaving a message in the comment section. Through this comment box, you can also share your thoughts or suggestions that can encourage us in offering more services.