ARK Fatal Error
Don’t you know how to solve the ARK Fatal Error on your Windows PC? Tried several methods, but the error still appears on the device? Don’t worry! We came here with some more tricks that will fix this ARK Fatal Error.
ARK: Survival Evolved is developed by Studio Wildcard as the best action-adventure video game. The game is about surviving on an island named ARK.
The users can play this game with more interest because of its graphics and action & adventure parts. It supports both single-player and multiplayer options.
While playing this ARK game, the game crashes suddenly and shows the Fatal Error on the screen. Some say the issue occurs due to corrupted game files, and others say it is because of the in-game overlay.
Scroll down the following paragraphs to know more about the reasons for this error and methods to fix it.
Presently, there are several action video games for Windows desktop users. Even we have dozens of games that are designed based on survival concepts.
But compared to all those games, ARK: Survival Evolved stood as the one in the top-selling video games. Millions of users all across the globe have purchased and still becoming users of this game.
The developers of Studios Wildcard designed this ARK: Survival Evolved game for PC, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and others. If you are a Steam user, then you can buy it from Steam Store.
Make your own choice whether to play this game in a single-player mode or multiplayer mode. If you want to chill out with your friends, then opt to play in multiplayer mode.
There are some hard times where we see the Fatal Error immediately after crashing the game on our desktops. With a huge list of numbers and sentences, it displays the Fatal Error.
We tried to find out the reasons for this ARK Fatal Error and shortlisted the below ones.
There are perfect solutions for fixing this ARK Fatal Error. So, what are waiting for? Just move to the below sections and apply those techniques to play the game error-freely.
Some of the errors that might encounter while playing the ARK game are listed below, along with the solutions.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Are you looking for those methods that can fix this ARK Fatal Error? Then here are some basic tricks given below.
Run ARK: Survival Evolved in Compatibility Mode
Which Windows Operating System you are using on your PC? Did you check whether the ARK: Survival Evolved is compatible with your OS? Do you know what happens if you run the game in an incompatible Windows version?
The result is simple that is crashing the entire game while playing it on our PC and leads to this Fatal Error. In this case, the only solution you have is running the game in compatibility mode.
If your present operating system is Windows 10, then launch the game in Windows 7. For that, follow the below guidelines.
- Open This PC by pressing Windows + E on your keyboard.
- Navigate to the folder where you have installed this ARK game.
- Right-click the .exe file -> Click Properties.
- After that, you need to choose the Compatibility tab.
- In the next step, check the Run this program in compatibility mode for the option under the Compatibility Mode section.
- In the drop-down list, choose Windows 7.
- Finally, save the changes by hitting Apply and OK.
Launch ARK: Survival Evolved and check the fatal error is fixed or not.
Disable Hardware Acceleration in your Web Browser
If the Hardware Acceleration is turned On or Enabled on your web browser, then it is the reason for this fatal error. Many users have solved this problem by disabling the hardware acceleration.
In case if you are using Chrome Web Browser, then execute the below instructions to disable it.
- Open Chrome -> Click Menu (three vertical dots at the bottom-right corner) -> Click Settings.
- Go to the bottom of the page and click Advanced.
- Under System, you will see Use Hardware Acceleration When Available option in the enabled mode.
- Click the toggle button beside it to disable it on your browser.
Once you finished performing the above steps, run the game and see the crashing occurs again or not.
Steps To Fix ARK Fatal Error Issue
Are you still facing the same Fatal Error while playing the ARK game? Then go through the following advanced troubleshooting methods.
- Step 1
Turn Off Steam In-Game Overlay
In-game Overlay is another major reason for the occurrence of ARK Fatal Error. There are a few gamers who fixed it by disabling the overlay on Steam.
If you want to try out this method, then use the below steps.
- First of all, launch the Steam Client on your PC.
- From the Library, find the ARK: Survival Evolved game and right-click on it to select Properties.
- You can see the game properties, and stay in the General tab.
- Disable the Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game by unchecking the checkbox.
- Exit the Steam window and rerun the ARK game to know the error is solved or not.
- Step 2
Update Graphics Card Drivers
To play any video game, especially graphics-rich games, the drivers have to up-to-date. If the drivers are faulty or missing or outdated, then we have to these kinds of irritating errors.
If you found that your GPU card drivers are expired, then install the latest ones through the following steps.
- Open the Device Manager.
- You have to expand Display Adapters to select the graphics card.
- Right-click on the GPU card that you want to update -> Click the Update Driver option.
- In the new pop-up window, go with the Search automatically for the updated driver software.
- Thus, it starts checking for the latest drivers and installs them on your PC.
After updating the drivers, restart the PC and launch the game to check the problem is fixed or not.
- Step 3
Lower the Pings Value
According to some gamers, by lowering the pings values, the ARK Fatal Error is fixed on their PCs. Try to execute the given steps in order to resolve the issue.
- Open the Steam Launcher on your Windows 10.
- Click the Steam button located at the top-left corner and choose Settings.
- In the left-side panel, click the In-Game tab.
- Locate the In-Game server browser: Max Pings / Minute. Now, select the lower value in the below drop-down menu.
- Hit the OK button and exit from the Steam window.
Rerun ARK from Steam Library to know whether the fatal error appears again or not.
- Step 4
Install the Newer Game Patches
Bugs on the game are also one of the reasons for causing this fatal error. To overcome this problem, developers release the latest patches to fix these bugs.
Therefore, we have to install the newer game versions from the official website of ARK: Survival Evolved to get rid of this issue. Once you finished the game update process, launch the game and play it without any fatal errors.
- Step 5
Verify the Game Integrity
Corrupted or missing files of the ARK game become a severe threat while playing it on our desktops. It leads to the entire game crashing and showing the fatal error.
The only option to overcome this problem is validating the game files through the following instructions.
- Launch Steam -> Go to Library -> Right-click ARK -> Choose Properties.
- In the Local Files tab, click Verify the Integrity of the Game Files option.
- Wait for some time until it finishes the validation process.
After that, you can launch the ARK game and get to know the fatal error is again occurring or not.
- Step 6
Turn Off Game Optimization in GeForce Experience (NVIDIA Users)
NVIDIA users have one more chance to fix the ARK Fatal Error on their Windows PCs. The recent update of NVIDIA GeForce Experience has made a few changes to one of its feature that is Game Optimization.
Though it enhances the game performance and runs the game smoother, it is troubling a lot after updating, like crashing the game. That’s why you have to disable this game optimization in this GeForce Experience. By doing so, you will not encounter this fatal error again while playing the ARK: Survival Evolved game on your PC.
Tips To Avoid ARK Fatal Error
Contact Official Support
ARK gamers are now free from this fatal error because they get to know how to tackle the issue. If you know the reason, then it becomes very easy & quick to fix the issue; otherwise, you need to apply all the methods given in this post.
With one or other tricks, people can solve the ARK Fatal Error on their Windows PCs. If the error appears again and again, then we suggest reinstallation of the ARK game.
Even there are other ways to overcome this fatal error, such as forums where discussions take place on these kinds of issues. And contacting the customer support team of ARK to ask for help in fixing this issue.
Final Words: Conclusion
In conclusion, ARK: Survival Evolved is not only a stunning action-adventure video game, but it let you know the art of living on an island. You have to use your skills in hunting animals as well as gain the ability to withstand the environment.
Whenever you come across this fatal error, immediately apply the given steps to fix it. If anyone wants to suggest other methods that can solve this ARK Fatal Error, then we welcome you.
For any queries or suggestions, you can reach us by leaving the message in the below comment box. Hopefully, this troubleshooting guide helped you in solving the issue on your computer.