Last Updated on October 18, 2020 by Admin
Is the programs are not running on your computer properly? Want to run the game-related applications without any error messages? Did you see A Problem Caused The Program To Stop Working Correctly on your Windows 10?
All the Microsoft Windows users, from Windows 7 to Windows 10, encounter this issue on their PCs. Most of them think that they can solve the problem easily. But they will not get any positive results while trying to fix it.
In such a case, go through this post until the bottom line to know the tips that fix the error. Here, we offer the basic and most advanced methods to resolve the issue.
Due to malicious apps or antivirus software included in our computers can cause this problem. Even the outdated device drivers will lead to the “A Problem Caused The Program To Stop Working Correctly” error.
The reason may be anything because you use this article to get in touch with several methods to fix the issue. Thus, we will help you run all the programs, games, and apps without any errors.
A Problem Caused The Program To Stop Working Correctly: Problem Overview
Windows users run different kinds of programs to finish off their tasks. At the same time, people use various apps on their PCs, such as Skype and antiviruses.
Even we play various video games, animated, racing, and other favorite games on the systems. Most of the time, they work smoother and faster on its friendly user interface.
But in some cases, we encounter problems while running them on our PCs. We all thought that the programs or apps cause this error. The fact is Windows OS will issue this “A Problem Caused The Program To Stop Working Correctly” error. Moreover, users think that some of the apps are developed for specific Windows editions. If we use them on other versions, then this error appears on your screen.
Regardless of the cause of this error, you can resolve it fully with the help of the methods discussed below.
Want to know several reasons for this “A Problem Caused The Program To Stop Working Correctly” error? Then check-out them below.
Now, you got a clear picture of why this error on your Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 PCs. To quickly solve the problem, apply the below-provided methods.
A Problem Caused The Program To Stop Working Correctly: Related Problems
The user will face this “A Problem Caused The Program To Stop Working Correctly” error while executing different apps or games. Along with that, you can notice some other related problems on your Windows PC.
The most-occurred errors, which are similar to this issue, are given below. Go through the list to fix the problem as soon as you encounter it.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Windows users are well-experienced in facing various kinds of errors. And we all know that there are the best solutions to fix the issue. Whenever we encounter the error message, we generally search for the basic troubleshooting steps to solve the issue.
That’s the reason why we came up with those best basic troubleshooting techniques. And you will overcome this “A Problem Causing The Program To Stop Working Correctly” error.
Turn Off the Antivirus Software Temporarily
For protecting our desktops, private data, and applications, we install the best antivirus software. Even though Windows 10 offers an in-built security suite, we use any other antivirus tools.
It scans the entire PC to detect viruses and malicious threats before damaging or corrupting the system. Moreover, the antivirus software will make the system run faster and secure.
But there are some drawbacks that arise while using the virus protection software on our PCs. One such is generating “A Problem Causing The Program To Stop Working Correctly” error.
Whenever you see this while running any apps or games, immediately disable the antivirus. It will solve in fixing this issue and allows Windows to run the programs correctly.
Update Graphics Card Drivers
Devices will run only when we use compatible and up-to-date drivers. By using the mismatched, faulty, expired, and corrupted drivers, the hardware gets failure.
In case if you use the outdated drivers, you might see this A Problem Causing The Program To Stop Working Correctly error.
The main reason for the occurrence of this problem is the expired Graphics Card driver. So, you have to update it sooner with the latest versions. Follow the below guidelines to update on your PC.
- Click the Windows icon and type Run in the search box.
- After you see the Run dialog, enter devmgmt.msc command and hit Enter.
- Thus, it opens the Device Manager window on your screen.
- Locate the Display Adapters. After that, right-click on your graphic driver and click on the Update Driver Software option.
- By doing so, it upgrades the Graphics Card driver. Now, check whether the “A Problem Causing The Program To Stop Working Correctly” error.
Clean Boot your PC
For escaping the error occurs on your Windows PC, you have to perform a clean boot. By running various unwanted background applications, it causes various errors.
According to our research, A Problem Causing The Program To Stop Working Correctly also encounters due to many startup apps.
Clean Boot is nothing but starting your computer with the loaded Windows services and wanted apps for running the PC.
You have to execute the following steps for a clean booting of your PC.
- Press Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog.
- Now, type the MSConfig command and click the OK button.
- The System Configuration window appears on your screen. Now, navigate to the Services tab, which contains the running Microsoft Services.
- Check all the checkboxes of Microsoft Services and click the Disable All button to turn them off.
- Click the OK button. It asks you to reboot your PC, but you have to select Restart Later option.
- Again open the System Configuration wizard using the above steps. Now, navigate to the Startup & choose the Task Manager option.
- Scroll down the page and select the Startup Impact field. Disable all those items with the High Impact by clicking the Disable option from the right-click context menu.
- By this, you can boot the computer cleanly. And it automatically fixes the error.
Steps To Fix A Problem Caused The Program To Stop Working Correctly Issue
Can’t fix the “A Problem Causing The Problem To Stop Working Correctly” error with the basic methods?
Then follow this section to know the best & advanced techniques to resolve the issue.
- Step 1
Use Windows Compatibility Mode
Running the Program in the Compatibility Mode will not cause any errors like A Problem Causing The Program To Stop Working Correctly.
If you are willing to run your apps or games or programs in the compatibility mode, then do the following steps.
- Select the program that you want to run on your Windows 10. Right-click on the icon and select Properties from the context menu.
- After that, select the Compatibility tab in the Properties window.
- Now, enable the “Run the program in compatibility mode for” option under the Compatibility Mode section.
- After enabling the option, you need to select the Windows version (like Windows 7 or Windows 8).
- Finally, click the Apply and OK buttons to save the changes.
- By this, it will run the programs or games without arising any errors.
- Step 2
Repair Corrupted/Damaged System Files
Most of the time, the user put a full-stop to this error using the above method. If you still face the same problem, then it is due to the corrupted system files.
So, you have to repair all these system files to run the apps correctly on your computer. Follow the given steps to repair the corrupted items with the System File Checker (SFC).
- Go to the Start Menu and type CMD in the search field.
- In the next step, select Command Prompt from the results and run it with the administrator rights. (Select Run as Administrator from the right-click context menu)
- It immediately displays the User Account Control pop-up window, and click the Yes button to continue further.
- Once it opens CMD on your desktop, you have to type sfc/scannow command and hit Enter.
- Thus, SFC starts scanning the system and checks for the corrupted files. If it detects any such system files, then replace them with the correct & safe files.
- You must reboot your desktop computer after successfully completing the scanning task.
Now, check if the “A Problem Causing The Program To Stop Working Correctly” error is solved or not.
- Step 3
Run the Program with Administrator Account
If none of the above methods will fix the issue, then try to run that program with the administrator rights. For that, execute the below steps.
- Press Windows + E keys to open the File Explorer on your computer.
- Now, navigate to the path where the program is installed. After identifying the program which you want to run, right-click the executable file (.exe file) and choose Properties.
- You can see the Properties window of that particular program or game. And in that, open the Compatibility tab.
- You will find the “Run this program as an administrator” option in a disabled state at the bottom of the wizard. You have to enable it by checking the checkbox.
- At last, click the OK button to save the modifications.
Once you finish the steps successfully, run the program on your PC. Now, verify whether the application runs without any error messages.
- Step 4
What happens if the gamers face this error while playing the game? They will frustrate and wants to fix it as quickly as they can. That’s why we offer various methods.
The expired or usage of older versions of DirectX causes this “A Problem Causing The Program To Stop Working Correctly” error. To avoid it, you need to upgrade it with the latest updates.
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard. Type Check for Updates in the search field.
- Now, click the Check for Updates from the results.
- It opens the PC Settings wizard with the Windows Updates section.
- To know for the latest upgrades, you have to go with the Check for Updates option.
- If there are any such updates, then it downloads & installs on your computer. After that, it asks you to restart the computer.
DirectX is an integral part of the Windows Operating System. So, updating Windows will automatically install the new updates of DirectX.
Tips To Avoid A Problem Caused The Program To Stop Working Correctly
Contact Official Support
In order to save the user’s time and effort, we offered the best methods to solve the “A Problem Causing The Program To Stop Working Correctly” error.
Based on the users’ reviews, most of them fixed this issue with our tips & tricks. If you’re the one who can’t rectify the problem, then contact the Microsoft Windows support team.
The customer care center will offer its services via email or live chat to fix this particular error. By the end, you will definitely solve the problem and run the programs without any issues.
Final Words: Conclusion
Overall, I conclude that Windows users can fix any type of error using a simple or advanced method. With the above-listed methods, you can surely fix the issue on your Windows 7/8/10 PCs.
Apart from that, A Problem Causing The Program To Stop Working Correctly also resolves by running Windows in Safe Mode.
Even you can share your best tips (if any) to fix this problem on your Windows computer. For any additional service or contacting us, type a message in the below comment box.