Does your YouTube not working on Firefox? Read this post to fix it with easy troubleshooting steps.
Well, this really disturbs many of the Mozilla Firefox users out there who are dependent on Firefox for an excellent browsing experience. Message pop-ups like “error occurred” or “try again later” or sometimes video loading screen, etc are the issues Firefox users face many times.
There can be various reasons behind this, such as Corrupt or malfunctioned plugins. An Incorrect combination of the internal elements like an outdated player can create such issues.
Firefox is one of the most used browsers; it provides all kinds of experience to the users. The problems faced while using Firefox can be the result of various internal issues that need to troubleshoot.
Various elements like Plugins, extensions, themes, hardware accelerations, Video players being used, etc, play a vital role here as mentioned ahead in this article.
YouTube Not Working On Firefox: Problem Overview
- Improper Loading-Sometimes after having clicked on the video, it shows a never-ending loading. Sometimes the video directly goes to the end and the browser or cannot play it properly. These kinds of problems often persist and these are really disturbing ones. On the other hand, if one will use other browsers like Google chrome, Daily motion, etc. it works perfectly.
- YouTube player crashes- While playing any video, the player crashes down. Like while watching any video suddenly it stops working. This may be related to flash players, plugins, and HTML5 Video players and maybe because of the corrupt extension and themes.
- Problem with YouTube playback- YouTube playback facility is known for providing an efficient browsing experience. But many users are facing YouTube playback issues while using Firefox. This makes us suspicious about the themes and extensions being used. In this case themes and extensions need to check.
- YouTube display problem in Firefox- Sometimes while watching YouTube videos in the Firefox, it becomes unable to show any video or colors and text properly. The video gets unable to show the content accurately and properly. Like in the following images you can have a look at the problem.
In this post we will cover every aspect of YouTube Not Working on Firefox along with related issues as mentioned below.
- firefox youtube problem
- How to update firefox
- firefox html5 youtube not working
- How to reset firefox
- firefox not playing videos
- youtube not loading
Troubleshooting is the only way to deal with the above problem. There are various levels of troubleshooting steps as we are going to discuss in next section of this blog. The Firefox browser provides its own support system regarding various troubleshooting steps. These are the basic steps to be followed in order to fix your interrupted YouTube experience in the Firefox.
Enable the “Autoplay” option by following the given steps:
Padlockà Tap forward “Arrow button”à Tap ”More information” PadàClick on ”Permissions”à Unmark “User default” and Mark “Allow audio and video” under “Autoplay” option à Restart Firefox
Cleaning up of the browser history and cache including the above steps will help in enhancing your browsing speed by omitting the slow loading issue up to some extent. In case you are facing such issues, you can look up to the cache section.
Steps To Fix YouTube Not Working On Firefox
After trying the basic troubleshooting methods, if the issue still persists then one needs to go into a few technical things. Sometimes issues are at a deeper level. An advanced level of problems and solutions are mentioned below.
Update the Firefox
If your Firefox is not updated to the latest update then it could be the most obvious reason for any problem and glitches. The first thing we should try before doing anything while troubleshooting Firefox or any application. to update the Firefox follow the steps below.
- Click on the Firefox menu icon on the top right corner.
- Click on help from menu options.
- Select About firefox.
- A Window Will Open, If Any Update Will Be Pending Then then click on Update Or You Will Get A Message Firefox Is Up To Date.
Clear Cache and cookies
When you find something wrong with Firefox, especially when you see everything look fine still your Firefox browser performing weirdly. The first step you should take is to clear the cache and cookies of the browser.
Although cache and cookies provide better user experience sometimes it may be the reason for some problems like this. To Clear Cache and cookies follow the steps below.
- Click the menu icon right top corner of your browser.
- Select options from menu list.
- Click on Privacy and security .
- under the cookies and site data Click on clear data button.
Check the Firefox Plugins
Plugins are mainly responsible for playing media online to see any content. YouTube has some of its requirements which everyone should know. Adobe flash player may be needed for YouTube in order to play video properly.
If the adobe flash player is out of date, the video can’t be accessed correctly. There are other plugins as well which helps YouTube videos play in Firefox. Update all the available plugins.
Update your adobe flash and other plugins to the latest version via Firefox plugin or. If you find the availability of a new version there, simply download it and install it. To update the Flash player follow the steps below.
- Click on the Mozilla menu icon.
- Then click on add-ons.
- Click on the gear icon.
- select the check for updates.
Disable Hardware Acceleration
Hardware acceleration is all about making the machine work or task more efficiently. These are specialized hardware installed in the system in order to perform tasks like Drivers, graphics cards, etc.
Driver configuration and graphics cards have a major impact on the smooth running of Firefox. If the issue persists, you can turn off the hardware acceleration, may this fix it. In order to do so, at first, open your Firefox browser and follow the following steps:
- Go to Menu and look for ‘Option’ and click on it.
- Find “Performance”.
- Unmark –‘Use recommended performance setting’.
- Thereafter look for “Use hardware acceleration when available” option and unmark it too.
- Close the Firefox browser i.e. go to “Menu” then choose “Exit”
Now try using YouTube, to check if the problem still persists. Play videos to know if it still crashes in between and takes time in loading. As per these steps if the problem is related to hardware acceleration then you will have a good experience while using your YouTube on Firefox.
Restart Firefox Without Add-ons ( Plugins, Themes & extensions)
Safe mode is a great way to troubleshoot any issue persisting. Simply restart the Firefox in safe mode in order to know the reason behind the issue in YouTube video playback. This procedure will let you know if the issue is related to any installed Add-ons. To restart Firefox without add-ons follow the steps below.
Restart the “Firefox” by pressing the “Shift” key simultaneously, you will see a prompt written “Start in Safe Mode” simply tap on it.
Now, while doing this if the YouTube playback issue occurs. Then the issue is maybe related to the themes, extensions, or hardware acceleration. Now try to fix it by Enabling and Disabling Add-on extensions using the following steps:
- Open Firefox in normal mode.
- Go to Menu and opt for ‘Add-ons’.
- Now look for ‘Themes’ from the left menu option.
- “Enable” it after opting for the default theme.
- Restart the Firefox browser.
An extension also plays a major role in browsing. Sometimes we download many unwanted extensions. After installation, such extensions create many issues for applications. So here, you can try to disable some extensions to resolve the issue. In order to perform it, do follow these steps:
- Open the Firefox window and click on the “Menu” option at the top.
- Select “Add-ons” option.
- You will see the list of extensions, click “Disable” for each.
- Restart Firefox.
The instructions mentioned above are the various ways to troubleshoot the problems related to Mozilla Firefox. If the problem is related to any section mentioned above then it will get solved successfully via given steps. If the issue still persists, one can go for an alternate browser as there may be some compatibility issues.
Refresh Firefox Completely
If you have tried all solutions provided in this post and your problem has not been resolve yet then there is only one solution left is to refresh Firefox completely. it is a master solution for any trouble you may be facing with Firefox.
when you refresh Firefox then most times it fixes your problem and restores performance but it will remove all your add-ons and customization and will restore your browser settings to factory default. To perform it foll0w the steps below.
- Go to the Mozilla menu icon on the top right corner.
- Select the help option.
- Click on the Troubleshooting Information.
- Refresh Firefox option can be found on the right side of this page.
Check HTML 5 Video Player Issue
HTML5 Video Player is suggested as a trial for many Firefox users. Well, it is something that replaces the flash video plugins. According to YouTube, videos with Webm extension can be played via HTML5 in the Mozilla Firefox. In case HTML5 is also not working properly do check for the YouTube support.
Tips to Avoid YouTube Not Working On Firefox issue
This issue – YouTube not working on Firefox becomes very disturbing sometimes. Sometimes it crashes in between the important task; this gives us a bad YouTube experience over the Firefox browser. In order to have a good YouTube experience in the future, you can follow the instructions provided below.
Firstly do follow all the troubleshooting steps as per the problem you are facing. If still the issue persists, you can try any other browser like Google Chrome, Safari, etc. These are also a very good browser to have a better browsing experience.
Contact Official Mozilla Firefox support
After using the above-mentioned steps in this blog, if still, the Firefox issue persists then do check on Firefox support. Sometimes there are some technical faults which are the reason behind such issues. In that case technical support is needed to fix the related issue. Click here to visit the Firefox support page.
Final Words: Conclusion
This whole content has been developed by experts of the related matter. It has been cross-checked in order to its working efficiency. All the steps mentioned above can help you in solving the issues you are facing while using Firefox.
Issues like YouTube video stumbling, slow loading, crashing in between or not working can be fixed by using the above steps. In case if you have any problem while using the above steps, you can share us via comments. We are always there to help you out.
We are looking forward to your feedback regarding this blog. Kindly share your feedback so that we can improve it more and more to enhance the productivity of our content.
Your feedback plays an essential role in knowing your choices and needs. It encourages us to make our blog more helpful. So, do share your valuable feedback in the comment section below.