You Are Not Currently Using a Display Attached To An NVIDIA GPU
Did you come across You Are Not Currently Using a Display Attached To An NVIDIA GPU error message? Are you trying to resolve it but failed to do so? Don’t worry! We are here to help you in fixing this problem on your Windows PC.
When we are trying to use the NVIDIA Control Panel, it simply shows this You Are Not Currently Using a Display Attached To An NVIDIA GPU, along with NVIDIA Display Settings are Not Available.
By seeing this error message in a box, the user gets frustrated and panic. But it is easily fixed through the troubleshooting methods that we offer in the below sections. Read the post until the end and get more information about this issue.
Nowadays, we are using a dedicated NVIDIA Graphics Card, even though the desktops or laptops contain an inbuilt GPU. In order to play high-resolution games, video editing, and animated games, this NVIDIA GPU will help a lot.
But it is not so easy to configure the NVIDIA GPU on our PCs or laptops. We face several issues while trying to use this dedicated graphics processing unit.
One such error that troubles most of the users is You Are Not Currently Using a Display Attached To An NVIDIA GPU. It is a common issue that is faced by many users.
That’s the reason why the users are using dedicated NVIDIA Laptops. Whenever you run the graphics-related processes, it becomes active.
When the user disables or turns off the integrated GPU through the Device Manager, immediately the screen goes black. The moment you restart the PC, it boots with the VGA display.
According to the user reports, they will not see this error pop-up window when they connect to the HDMI port rather than the VGA port. By this, they are successful in accessing the NVIDIA settings.
The reasons for the occurrence of this You Are Not Currently Using a Display Attached To An NVIDIA GPU are listed below.
Whether you are a Dell user or HP or any other user, you can face this issue on your laptop. The methods that we are going to explain here apply to all laptop users.
Until and unless you resolve the problem, you cannot run the higher graphics tasks, like games and animations. So, better to find the cause of this issue and fix it as soon as possible.
The problems that are related to the You Are Not Currently Using a Display Attached To An NVIDIA GPU are listed below.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
As You Are Not Currently Using a Display Attached To An NVIDIA GPU error is not fixed with the basic methods, but we suggest you try out them. These troubleshooting tricks might resolve the issue.
Restart your Windows Computer/Laptop
As we said in the earlier posts, a simple restart of your computer might fix any complicated problem. And it is proved for most of the Windows errors, which are resolved with PC rebooting.
In the same manner, this You Are Not Currently Using a Display Attached To An NVIDIA GPU error might get disappear after restarting the PC/laptop. That’s why quickly reboot the system whenever you see this error message.
- Press the Windows logo and click the Power icon.
- From that, choose the Restart option.
- It immediately restarts the device, and once your system is ON, check whether the issue still persists or not.
Check Display Cable is Connected to NVIDIA GPU
Have you plugged the display properly into the NVIDIA GPU or not? The improper connection leads to the occurrence of You Are Not Currently Using a Display Attached To An NVIDIA GPU error.
If you have ever seen this error message on your desktop, then immediately check-out the display cable that it is connected to the NVIDIA GPU port or not.
When you find any mistakes, unplug the cable and again plug it into the correct NVIDIA port.
Finally, restart the system and see the You Are Not Currently Using a Display Attached To An NVIDIA GPU is disappeared or not.
If you don’t have any experience in handling all these issues, then take help from the professionals.
Steps To Fix You Are Not Currently Using a Display Attached To An NVIDIA GPU Issue
If you scroll down to this section, then it means the You Are Not Currently Using a Display Attached To An NVIDIA GPU error is not solved with the above methods.
That’s why we are providing the advanced troubleshooting techniques to fix it.
- Step 1
Enable NVIDIA Driver Help Service
One of the major reasons for showing You Are Not Currently Using a Display Attached To An NVIDIA GPU is disabled NVIDIA Driver Help Service.
Many users reported that they have fixed this issue simply by enabling this service. We want you to do the same to overcome this error message.
- Press the Windows logo and type Services.
- From the results, click the Services.
- Now, a window appears on your screen where you can see all the services running on your PC.
- Identify the Desktop Application and then find the NVIDIA Driver Help Service.
- Select it and press the Start option placed at the left-side pane.
- After starting the service, right-click on it, and choose Properties.
- Search for the Startup Type section and adjust it to Automatic.
- Now, click the Apply and then OK buttons to save the modifications.
- Finally, restart the system and check the error is resolved or not.
- Step 2
Enable NVIDIA Update Service
Apart from the above service, it is also essential to keep the NVIDIA Update Service enabled. If you find it in the disabled state, then turn it to enable by using the below guidelines.
- Press Windows + R -> Type services.msc -> Hit Enter.
- Once the Services window opens on your PC, locate the Desktop Application.
- After that, select the NVIDIA Update Service and click the Start option.
- Thus, the NVIDIA Update Service starts running on your computer.
- After that, select the NVIDIA Update Service and click the Properties from the right-click context menu.
- It shows the properties window of this service. Under the Startup Type section, set the option is Automatic.
- Now, hit the Apply and OK buttons.
Once you reboot the PC, see whether You Are Not Currently Using a Display Attached To An NVIDIA GPU error is disappeared or not. If you still face the problem, move to further methods.
- Step 3
Turn off and Enable NVIDIA GPU
What happens if the NVIDIA GPU Drivers on your Windows PC? You will see this You Are Not Currently Using a Display Attached To An NVIDIA GPU error message on your screen.
If the NVIDIA drivers are really disabled, then enabled it quickly to fix the issue.
- Press Windows + X and click the Device Manager.
- When you see the Device Manager wizard, locate the Display Adapters.
- After that, select the NVIDIA GPU Drivers that you want to use on your system.
- Right-click on it and click the Enable option. Thus, the NVIDIA drivers are enabled on your system.
In case if they are already enabled, then once disable them and re-enable them. After that, see the You Are Not Currently Using a Display Attached To An NVIDIA GPU is fixed or not.
- Step 4
Install the Latest NVIDIA Display Drivers
If the drivers are expired, then the devices can’t work correctly, instead, we see error messages on our desktop. Moreover, the NVIDIA GPU Drivers have to up-to-date to launch any video-related applications.
When the manufacturer released the latest NVIDIA drivers, and you didn’t install them, it shows You Are Not Currently Using a Display Attached To An NVIDIA GPU error message.
Therefore, download the latest updates of NVIDIA drivers and update them on your PC. For manually updating the drivers, follow the below steps.
- Press Windows + R -> Type devmgmt.msc -> Click the OK button.
- The Device Manager is displayed on your desktop. Now, you have to expand the Display Adapters.
- Select the NVIDIA Drivers and right-click on it.
- In the next step, click the Update Driver option.
- After that, a wizard opens instantly on the desktop, and in that, click the Search automatically for the updated driver software.
- Further, go through some on-screen instructions to finish the NVIDIA Driver update process. Thus, it downloads and installs the latest drivers from the official manufacturer of NVIDIA.
- At last, restart the PC and see the error is resolved.
For automatically updating the NVIDIA drivers, install the best driver updater, such as IObit Driver Booster.
- After launching this IObit Driver Booster, click the Scan button.
- It checks for the expired drivers on your computer.
- From the scan list, locate the NVIDIA Drivers.
- Finally, click the Update button. Thus, it updates your graphics drivers with the latest versions.
- Step 5
Uninstall & Reinstall NVIDIA Drivers
If none of the methods help you to resolve the You Are Not Currently Using a Display Attached To An NVIDIA GPU error, then uninstalling & reinstalling the NVIDIA drivers is the only option.
To remove NVIDIA GPU Drivers completely from the Windows system, use the below guidelines.
- Press Windows + X and choose Device Manager.
- Now, locate the Display Adapters in the Device Manager window and double-click on it.
- Once you see the display drivers installed on your PC, select the NVIDIA GPU drivers.
- Right-click on it and click the Uninstall the Device option.
- A pop-up window appears on your screen. In that, check the checkbox of Delete the Driver Software for this Device.
- Thus, it removes the NVIDIA drivers permanently from the system.
- After that, open the control panel and uninstall the applications that are related to the NVIDIA drivers.
- Finally, reboot the Windows computer.
After uninstalling, visit the official website of NVIDIA and download the latest drivers from it. Install them correctly to avoid any further mistakes. If you want, you can install them from the IObit Driver Booster.
Therefore, you will not see You Are Not Currently Using a Display Attached To An NVIDIA GPU error anymore on your PC.
Tips To Avoid You Are Not Currently Using a Display Attached To An NVIDIA GPU
Contact Official Support
In this post, we have provided the best techniques that solve this You Are Not Currently Using a Display Attached To An NVIDIA GPU on your PC/laptop.
Even though there are some cases where the users are still facing the issue after applying the above methods. For those users, we simply suggest to visit the nearest PC peripheral repair service center.
It might help you in fixing the issue by contacting the expert technician. Apart from that, taking help from the NVIDIA support team also resolves this issue.
Explain the problem that you are facing currently with the NVIDIA GPU and get the best solution from them.
Final Words: Conclusion
On the whole, the NVIDIA GPU enables us to play graphics and highly animated games. Even it is suitable for video editors to edit all kinds of videos, including 4K, 8K, etc.
So whenever you face any this issue with NVIDIA, like You Are Not Currently Using a Display Attached To An NVIDIA GPU, you have to fix it quickly.
By applying the methods above, you can resolve the problem and access the NVIDIA GPU without any issues. If any user solved it with other techniques, then they can share them with us.
For any other queries or suggestions, post the message through the below comment box.