Last Updated on November 21, 2020 by Admin
The Operating System Is Not Presently Configured To Run This Application
Are you unable to install new applications on your Windows 10 PC? Did you see an error message while setting up the programs? Want to fix The Operating System Is Not Presently Configured to Run this Application error?
Then you have landed on the right article. Here, in this post, we are going to offer useful methods that can resolve this issue.
By applying the basic and advanced methods, you can fix the error. Thus, you can install and access the new applications on your systems.
On our desktops or laptops, we use different kinds of applications. Some of the must-have apps on Windows PCs are Microsoft Office, Windows Media Player, Security Software, etc.
Apart from that, we install many other programs depending on the requirement. PDF Reader, Browsers, and Multimedia tools are some of the needed programs.
But while installing these applications, we encounter various error messages. One such problem is The Operating System Is Not Presently Configured to Run this Application.
There are different causes of appearing this error on your Windows desktops. They are:
So, you go to know the reasons for the occurrence of this error message. It might be one or more causes that stop you from running the application on your PC.
If the program does not run, then we will not use it on our desktop computers. By this, our tasks cannot be finished until and unless we fix that issue.
You can see The Operating System Is Not Presently Configured to Run this Application error while running the Microsoft Apps.
When the system files had gone missing that are related to Microsoft Word or any other, it can’t run on our PCs. That’s why go through the below section to resolve the problem.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Are you getting frustrated when the application is not running on your PC? Then use the below basic troubleshooting methods given below.
Check for Expired Drivers
While downloading or opening or running the applications, we see this error message. Due to expired device drivers, the operating system unable to run some kinds of programs.
We can fix The Operating System Is Not Presently Configured to Run this Application by updating the expired drivers. For that, execute the below guidelines.
- Press Windows + X and select the Device Manager.
- Identify all those expired drivers in the Device Manager prompt.
- Right-click on it and choose the Update Driver Software option.
- Now, click the Search Automatically For Updated Driver Software option.
- Thus, it starts updating the drivers to the latest versions. Now, run the application that you want to access without any issues.
If you want to update the drivers automatically, then use the best driver update software. IObit Driver Booster will find the expired drivers and update them to the latest versions.
Repair Corrupted Files
When the desktop or laptop contains any corrupted files, you cannot access the programs correctly. The operating system will not allow you to update, download, close, and open the applications.
At this time, the best way is to find and remove all those corrupted files on your Windows computer. For that, you have to install the best PC cleaner.
According to our knowledge, we recommend the Piriform CCleaner for cleaning the entire desktop. The inbuilt PC cleaning tools clean the services, registry, browser junk, temp files, recent documents, etc.
- Click here to download the Piriform CCleaner on your Windows 10.
- Complete the installation process by following the basic steps.
- After launching it, use the built-in cleanup tools to remove the unwanted files.
Even after performing the PC clean, the error still appears. Then proceed to the next troubleshooting method.
Clean IE History/Junk
When you’re trying to open the browsers, it will not act according to our requirements. We can make the browser work perfectly by removing the cookies, cache, and history.
Internet Explorer is the default web browser of the Windows Operating System. It shows The Operating System Is Not Presently Configured To Run This Application while opening the IE on our PC.
At that time, clean the browser history by removing the junk data from it.
- Execute the inetcpl.cpl command in the Run dialog.
- You will see the Internet Options. Now, navigate to the Advanced tab.
- Click on the Reset button at the bottom to restore all the default settings.
Now, check whether you run the IE app without any issues or not.
Steps To Fix The Operating System Is Not Presently Configured To Run This Application Issue
Some users will see this error even after using the above basic methods. In that situation, use the Advanced techniques listed below.
- Step 1
Run the App in Compatibility Mode
To use the applications without any errors, simply run it in the compatibility mode. Want to know how to run your programs in Compatibility Mode? Then go through the below steps.
- Open the application that you want to run.
- Right-click on that program shortcut and choose properties.
- After that, you have to navigate to the Compatibility tab.
- Now, you can find the Run This Program in Compatibility Mode for option and enable it.
- In the drop-down list below, you have to select the operating system edition to run that program.
- Finally, click the OK button to save the changes.
Thus, the user can run any application on their Windows desktop.
- Step 2
Perform Windows Update
Updating Windows is the best way to solve almost all the problems on your computers. If we use the older versions, then we will face issues.
At the same time, it generates security problems while using the expired Windows. The Operating System Is Not Presently Configured To Run This Application can be resolved by updating the Windows OS.
- Press Windows + I keys to open the Settings.
- Click the Update & Security category.
- Now, check for the updates. And if there are newer updates, then it installs and updates on your PC.
- After completing the entire process, reboot the computer.
- Now, run the application smoothly on the Windows desktop.
- Step 3
Repair File Registry
If the above methods will not fix The Operating System Is Not Presently Configured To Run This Application. Then repair the file registry by executing the below steps.
- Click the Windows icon and type CMD.
- Now, select the Command Prompt and right-click to choose the Run as Administrator.
- In the next step, you have to type the sfc /scannow and click the Enter.
- It starts scanning the Windows computer and repair the registry files.
- After completing the process, restart the PC.
Moreover, you can also use third-party applications like CCleaner to identify and repair the corrupted registry files.
- Step 4
Repair MS Office
In addition to the above, most of the users resolved the problem by repairing the MS Office. So, use the following guidelines to repair the Office App.
- Press Windows + X to view all the options.
- From that, click the Run located below.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the search box and hit Enter.
- Now, you see the Control Panel on your desktop.
- Select the Microsoft Office app from the list and click the Change option.
- After that, you need to click the Repair. Either you can select the Full Repair or Online Repair option to proceed further.
- Wait until the process gets finished.
- Finally, reboot the Windows PC and open the MS Office app on your desktop.
- Step 5
Uninstall & Re-install Microsoft Office
Even after repairing the MS Office, it will not run on your PC. Then uninstall and reinstall it by using the below steps.
- Type the Control Panel in the search field beside the start menu.
- Click the Control Panel listed in the results.
- Click on Programs and features.
- After that, find out and select the Microsoft Office program.
- Finally, click the Uninstall button to remove the MS Office permanently from the PC.
(IObit Uninstaller also helps in uninstalling it without any leftovers).
- After that, visit the Microsoft official website and download the MS Office.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the installation process.
- Now, you can use Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and others on your system.
- Step 6
Run MS Office Diagnostics
The final method that can be used to fix The Operating System Is Not Presently Configured To Run This Application is running the Microsoft Office Diagnostics. Use the below steps to do so.
- Type Microsoft Office Diagnostics in the search box placed next to the Windows icon.
- Now, you have to select the best matches in the results section.
- Thus, the Microsoft Office Diagnostics window appears on your screen.
- For diagnosing the MS Office app, click the Continue button.
- After that, follow the basic steps to finish the entire process successfully.
- Finally, close the window after completing the troubleshooting task.
Thus, you will not see any issues while running Microsoft Office on your Windows desktop. Now, you can open, close, update, and use all the applications of Microsoft Office.
Tips To Avoid The Operating System Is Not Presently Configured To Run This Application
- The Operating System Is Not Presently Configured to Run this Application can be avoided by using an upgraded program.
- Moreover, we can escape from these types of issues by updating Windows to the latest versions.
- Make sure that your Windows computer does not contain any corrupted system and registry files.
Contact Official Support
Windows, developed by Microsoft, is one of the most-used operating systems all over the globe. We run several Microsoft applications like MS Office on our PCs.
Due to many reasons, the operating system (Windows) cannot run some programs. By using the above methods, you will get rid of the error. And thus, the applications can run smoother without hurdles.
If you haven’t resolved the error, then the best way is to contact Microsoft Support Team. Explain the problem to the technicians clearly.
Thus, they will assist you either through emails or live chat on the Microsoft Official Website.
Final Words: Conclusion
On the whole, the user can fix The Operating System Is Not Presently Configured to Run this Application error by executing the above methods.
According to our knowledge, we have provided the best techniques to fix the issue. And you got a clear idea about this Windows problem.
In case if you hack the error with any other trick, then share it with us. If you solved the issue with the above-listed techniques, then leave a message in the below comment section.
Want to fix any other technical issue on your Windows? Then message us with the particulars.