Today, we came here to discuss the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Keeps Disconnecting error? If you were already checking out any tips and tricks to solve it, this article is your perfect destination.
In this post, we will let you know all those solutions that fix this issue on your Windows PC. You can also use the contact support section if you didn’t solve the error with our tricks.
Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 activates the devices to get three times faster Wi-Fi internet. But sometimes, it keeps on disconnecting due to some issues, like incompatible drivers, faulty network configurations, etc.
Since many users are troubled with this issue, we came up with this article to fix it on their Windows 10 PCs. Scroll down below and read the paragraphs carefully to know everything about this issue.
Problem Overview: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Keeps Disconnecting
Intel Corporation is an America-based MNC company located in California. It is a well-known and world’s largest semiconductor chip manufacturing company.
The x86 series of microprocessors that are used in our computers are manufactured by the Intel Corporation. Intel Wireless-AC products are those that speed up the Wi-Fi speed by three times.
These products enable the devices only with the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC, Bluetooth devices, and 802.11ac Wi-Fi Certified.
The users who use Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 come across problems on their PCs. It continuously disconnects on our PCs, and thus, resulting in slow-speed internet, Wi-Fi disconnection, etc.
If this problem occurs, you can’t play high-quality video games effectively. We figure out the major causes of this Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Keeps Disconnecting issue.
Once you get to know why the Wi-Fi card is disconnecting repeatedly, pick the correct method from the given ones and execute the steps on your PC.
Related Problems: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Keeps Disconnecting
This problem occurs in multiple variations, and some of them are shown below.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Keeps Disconnecting
Now, move to the primary steps that you have to take whenever you encounter this Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 keeps Disconnecting issue.
Modify the Router Settings
If the router settings are wrongly configured, then the Intel Wi-Fi card won’t work and keeps on disconnecting on your Windows 10. The only solution to solve this issue is configuring the network settings correctly.
Before that, you have to make sure that there is only one DHCP server in the network. In case if you are using Verizon Router, then turn off the Self-Organizing Network option.
If you’re using a Netgear Router, then you need to disable the Smart Connect option to resolve this issue.
A few people who have fixed it suggested that disabling IPv6 can make the wireless adapter work on our PCs. So, execute the below instructions to turn off the IPv6 on your computer.
- Press Windows + R -> Type ncpa.cpl -> Hit Enter.
- Choose the currently using wireless connection and right-click on it. Select Properties from the context menu.
- Disable the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) option by unchecking its checkbox.
- Save the changes by clicking the OK button.
Now, see the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Keeps Disconnecting error is solved.
Disable Problematic Hardware Components
We connect several external devices to our PC, such as Bluetooth devices, Wireless Keyboards, Adapters, etc. Disconnect all these removable devices and check the problem is solved.
If you still encounter the same issue, then reconnect the devices and go to the next section to use several other methods.
Steps To Fix Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Keeps Disconnecting Issue
Don’t feel tense! There are some more advanced techniques that allow you to fix this Intel Wi-Fi card issue on your PC.
- Step 1
Run Network Adapter Troubleshooter
Due to network glitches, you might be facing problems with the network adapter. Therefore, use the inbuilt Windows troubleshooter to repair these issues.
- Press Windows + I to open Windows Settings.
- Click the Update and Security section -> Select Troubleshoot tab on the left-side panel.
- Now, go to the Network Adapter on the right-side -> Click on the Run the Troubleshooter option.
Thus, it starts troubleshooting the network devices and repairs them if found any issue.
- Step 2
Update or Rollback Intel Adapter Drivers
If your Windows 10 owns the incompatible, corrupted, and expired network adapter drivers, you will definitely see these problems.
Thus, it is mandatory to install the compatible and the latest drivers on your Windows PC. For that,
- Press Windows + X -> Choose Device Manager.
- Double-click the Network Adapters category to list all the network devices.
- Now, right-click the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 device -> Click the Update Driver Software option.
- Follow a few more on-screen steps and complete the driver update process.
Sometimes, the wireless card disconnects continuously after upgrading the drivers. If you belong to that category, then roll back your network adapter drivers.
- After right-clicking on the Intel Wireless-AC 7260 -> Click Properties.
- Go to the Driver tab -> Click on the Roll Driver option.
Now, check the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 is working or not.
- Step 3
Enable CAM Feature
Enabling the Continuously Aware Mode or CAM feature can fix these kinds of problems. You can also use this method when your Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 and other devices won’t work on your PC. Here is the guide to enable the CAM feature.
- Press Windows + R -> Type control panel -> Click OK.
- Select Network and Internet -> Click on the Network and Sharing Center.
- On the left panel, select the Change Adapter Settings.
- Choose the Intel wireless adapter and right-click on it -> Select Properties.
- Under the Networking tab, click on the Configure button.
- Go to the Advanced tab, choose Transmit Power under the Property section.
- Now, modify its value to the highest one (5) and click on the OK button.
Finally, reboot your Windows PC and check the problem is solved or still exists.
- Step 4
Uninstall Conflicting Apps
According to the reports, this issue also occurs if your PC contains a few conflicting applications like Microsoft Teams, Intel PROSet/Wireless app, and VPN softwares.
If you found them on your device, then uninstall those programs completely to use the wireless network adapter error-freely.
- Step 5
Reconfigure the Intel Wireless-AC 7260 Driver
Lastly, resolve this Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Keeps Disconnecting error by reconfiguring it on your Windows 10. Check out the following procedure to reconfigure the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260.
- Right-click on the Intel Wireless Adapter and choose Properties from the context menu.
- Under the Property section, choose the 802.11n Channel Width for 2.4GHz Connections -> Change the value to Auto.
- After that, select the Preferred Band to 2.4GHz -> Again change its value to Auto.
- Turn the value of Roaming Aggressiveness to the lowest (1).
- Now, modify the value of Wireless mode to 802.11b/g.
- In the next step, change the value of HT mode to VHT mode.
- Finally, go with the OK button to confirm all the changes.
Sign in to your router settings to enable the CAM feature and turn off the P2P settings.
Once you finish the above steps successfully, reboot the PC and check the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Keeps Disconnecting issue is fixed.
Tips To Avoid Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Keeps Disconnecting
Contact Official Support
Tried all the methods but failed to fix the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Keeps Disconnecting issue? Don’t know what to do in this situation.
If you really fall down this case, then check out some more steps on various online sources, including famous forums (Reddit), Intel Community, etc.
Or else remove and replace the Intel Dual Band Wi-Fi card with a new one. If you have a warranty on this product, then request the manufacturer to replace it with a new product.
Finally, you can also contact the Intel support team to ask them for their help and fix this issue.
Final Words: Conclusion
Overall, Intel produces a huge number of hardware components and never compromises to maintain the quality. Whenever you face troubles with Intel products, you have several ways to resolve them.
We hope that this troubleshooting guide will help you in fixing the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Keeps Disconnecting error on your Windows PC.
Do you have any queries on this post? If so, ask them, and we will happily clarify all your doubts. We also welcome your suggestions that enhance our services.
We request you to share the methods that really helped you in solving this error. Thank you for keep supporting us.