Last Updated on August 5, 2020 by Admin
Are you stuck with the “YouTube Videos Stuttering” issue? YouTube is known for its smooth video services. The collection of a vast range of Videos has attracted many audiences for YouTube.
But there is a section of users who are facing stuttering issues while playing YouTube videos. This simply ruins the whole experience. Their internet connection is strong but still, they are getting such an issue. We can understand how irritating this is to get stuck while watching your favorite series. Several causes can be behind this issue, we have covered under “Problem Overview” section.
No need to worry! After a deep research, we have included various methods to fix the “YouTube Videos Stuttering” issue. Be with us until the very end of this article.
YouTube Videos Stuttering: Problem Overview
According to users, when they play videos on YouTube, it stutters. Video Stumble on YouTube while watching has disappointed many users out there. Many are even unable to start the video. Browsers like Chrome and Firefox users are also dealing with the YouTube Stuttering issue in this mid-2020.
After taking a deep dig into this issue, we have come across various reasons. These can be the cause of the “YouTube Video Stuttering” issue.
YouTube Videos Stuttering: Related Problems
Apart from this, there are various related problems it includes. YouTube Video Stuttering issue occurs almost in every search engine like Firefox, Chrome, etc. in some cases video is fine but Audio stutters.
Various Related problems have been enclosed in this section for better guidance. Do perform the methods mentioned in this article for the following as well.
Before going into the Advanced level approach, let’s perform some basic troubleshooting hacks. Sometimes a minor flaw creates such kind of issues in a Windows system. Follow these basic steps as per the given instructions.
Restart the Browser and System
At first, restart the browser you are using for playing YouTube videos. To do so End the browser task via Task Manager systematically. To do so follow these steps.
- Tap on the Windows logo key with alphabet “X” on your keyboard. Locate “Task Manager” and tap on it to open.
- Under the “Processes” tab, you will see the programs running on your system currently. Locate your browser, right-tap on it, and choose the “End task” option.
- Now “Restart” your system.
Once it turns on, open your Browser again and check if the YouTube videos playing smoothly or not.
Clear up the Browsing history and Cache of your Browser
Whatsoever Browser you are using, Browser history and cache can cause such issues. The old cache data interrupts while doing any current work. Mainly Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Firefox are preferred by users.
All these have little different steps to clear up the cache. But it is easy, we advise you to clear up the cache data before trying anything else. Usually, you will find this option under “Settings” of your Browser.
Check on the Network Connection
Sometimes your network is the culprit, check on the internet connection. Make sure that it is giving the required speed. And make sure it has not blocked the specific IP address. This can cause such an issue. This thing has been observed by very few users, maybe this can be your case too.
Go for Full System Scan
The malfunctioned system can corrupt the file which leads to various unknown interruptions. While visiting a specific site, playing video or audio it shows its adversity. We advise you to fully scan your system using the antivirus you have in your system. In case you find any flaw, just repair, or delete it to fix the “YouTube Videos Stuttering” issue.
If basic troubleshooting doesn’t work for you, the cause must be a deeper level. Be cool and follow the methods mentioned in this article.
Note: In this issue, there are chances that after following two or three methods one by one, the issue will get fixed. So do not panic if the first doesn’t work for you. Because a collective impact of these methods can only fix the “YouTube videos Stuttering” issue.
Steps To Fix YouTube Videos Stuttering Issue
- Step-1 : Go for Updating your Adobe Flash Player Manually
- Step-2 : Disable the Hardware Acceleration feature
- Step-3 : Go for updating your Graphics Driver
- Step-4 : Go for Resetting your respective Browser
- Step-5 : Re-install your Browser
- Step 1
Go for Updating your Adobe Flash Player Manually
As per users, after installing the latest Adobe flash player file, the stuttering issue with YouTube got resolved. If your player is outdated or corrupt, this will create a conflicting environment. Due to compatibility reasons either YouTube videos will not play or it will stumble. YouTube always requires an updated player and a compatible ground.
Go for the following instructions to update your Adobe Flash Player:
- Visit the official website of Adobe Flash Player to download the file as per your systems configuration.
- Once the file is downloaded, locate it and double tap on it to Run. The installation wizard will appear on your screen, follow the on-screen instructions till the very end.
Once it is done Check if the “YouTube Videos Stuttering” issue got fixed or not. Open your browser and play the YouTube video. In case the Stuttering issue persists, try the next method.
- Step 2
Disable the Hardware Acceleration feature
Hardware acceleration is a beneficial feature that allows other programs to use the same hardware. It makes the task smoother and more flexible. But sometimes this feature conflicts with the quality of video performance while playing on the Browser.
Disabling Hardware acceleration feature in your browser is the only option here. Steps to disable the hardware acceleration may differ as per your browser. We have included instructions for some most preferred browsers bellow. So, follow it as per your browser preference.
Google Chrome users:
- Open your Google Chrome browser and tap on the three dots available at the top right corner.
- Choose the “Settings” option. Now tap on the “Advanced” option available at the bottom in the right pane.
- Under the “System” heading you will see “Use Hardware Acceleration when available” option. Disable it by turning off the toggle.
Once it is done, close your Chrome. Then re-open it and play videos on YouTube to check if the “YouTube videos stuttering” issue got fixed or not.
- Open the Firefox browser, go to the Menu section.
- Find “Option”, tap on it. Now go for the “General” tab.
- Locate the “Performance”, below this you will find the option “Use recommended performance setting”, just unmark it.
- Now, you will see “Use hardware acceleration when available” option. Unmark it too. At last close the Firefox browser.
Now, reopen your Firefox browser and play the YouTube Video to make sure if the “YouTube videos Stuttering” issue got fixed or not.
Microsoft Edge users:
- Open your Microsoft Edge browser and tap on the three dots available at the top right corner of your Windows 10 screen.
- Choose the “Settings” option. Now tap on the “System” option available in the left pane.
- Now in the right-pane, look for the “Use Hardware Acceleration when available” option. Disable it by turning off the toggle then tap on the “Restart” button available there.
Once it is done, close your Microsoft Edge. Then re-open it and play videos on YouTube to check if the “YouTube videos stuttering” issue got fixed or not.
In case Stumbling still appears, go for the next method to fix the “YouTube Videos Stuttering” issue.
- Step 3
Go for updating your Graphics Driver
An outdated Video card can cause such issues while playing any video. YouTube requires the latest versions to full fill its compatibility criteria.
Many users have fixed YouTube video lag, slow loading, not loading, and stuttering issues by this simple method. A driver is responsible for the smooth connection between hardware and software.
Different systems can have different cards based on their specifications. Steps are similar for each, only the name of the card will be different like NVIDIA, AMD, etc.
Go for the Following instructions to perform the Graphics Driver update:
- Look for the Windows logo key and alphabet “X” on your keyboard. Press them at the same time to open a list. Now choose “Device Manager” and tap on it.
- Now look for “Display Adapters” and tap on it to expand.
- Choose your Graphics card available under this (Like, NVIDIA GeForce, Intel HD Graphics, etc). Right-tap on it and choose “Update Driver..”.
- A screen will pop up with two options. Choose “Search Automatically for updated driver software”
- Now follow the on-screen instructions and wait until downloading gets finished. Once it is done restart your system to make the installation effective.
Now, open your browser and try to play the YouTube video. Hopefully, the Stuttering issue has got fixed. In case it is not, go for the next method that might work for you.
- Step 4
Go for Resetting your respective Browser
As browser contains various things like extensions, themes, history, etc. Let’s talk about extensions, not all of them are friendly for the browser. Some extensions and themes interrupt with other functions. Like in case you added up a malfunctioned extension then this will impact the whole process of your browser.
Either you are a Chrome user or Firefox user or any other browser. Chances are the same so; you must go for resetting your Browser.
Note: Make sure you have stored your important bookmarks.
Google Chrome users:
- Tap Menu by tapping on the 3 dots (present at the top right corner)
- Tap on the “Settings” option.
- Click on “advanced” option from left menu options and click on “system”
- Click on the “Reset and Clean up” (Available in the left pane).
- Now In right pane go for the option “Restore Settings to their Original Defaults”, tap on it. A pop up will come, tap on “Restore Settings” toggle. This will start the reset process.
Once it is done, reopen your Chrome browser and check if the Video stuttering issue got fixed or not.
For Firefox users:
- Tap on the Menu (Available at the top right corner).
- Click on “Help”.
- Choose the option “Troubleshooting Information”. A window will open up.
- Look for “Refresh Firefox” toggle (available at the upper-right side). A confirmation box will pop up, tap on the “Refresh Firefox” button present on it. Tap “Finish” once done.
Now, re-open the Firefox and check if the stumbling with your YouTube videos got fixed or not.
- Step 5
Re-install your Browser
In case even now it appears then there might some deep glitch with the software file. Like a missing or corrupt file can cause the “YouTube videos Stuttering” issue. Now just uninstall your Browser and then download it manually from its website.
- Open the RUN box by tapping on Win key with “R”. Write “appwiz.cpl” and press Enter.
- A window named “Programs and Features” will appear. Now locate your Browser in the list and right tap on it, choose “Uninstall”. All the popped-up box and continue by following the on-screen guidance.
- Now, tap on the link to download Chrome or Firefox
- Once downloaded just double-tap on it to run. Then follow the on-screen instructions till the installation gets finished.
Now check if the “YouTube videos Stuttering” got fixed or not. If not then We advise you to go for the Contact Official Support section of this article.
Tips To Avoid YouTube Videos Stuttering Issue
Contact Official Support
If the issue “YouTube Videos Stuttering” is not resolved yet. Then contact the YouTube support and your Browser support (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge, etc.). As any of these can be the culprit here.
Also, there are chances of system glitch here, so do contact the customer care representative of your respective system’s manufacturer. Do have all the required details before contacting them. Online help will be enough here, as this is a normal issue.
Final Words: Conclusion
All the Methods mentioned in this article are authentic as per our knowledge. Our team of experts has cross-checked it. We recommend you to follow steps serially. And do follow the Basic troubleshooting steps at first. In case you stuck anywhere then leave a quote in the comment section.
Once the Video Stuttering issue with your YouTube gets fixed. Give us your precious feedback with the fix that worked for you.
Stay safe and Keep visiting our blog.