Xbox One Can’t Connect To DHCP Server
Xbox One Can’t Connect to DHCP Server is the most commonly occurring problem. When you see this problem, you can’t install any applications or games on your console.
Want to fix this can’t connect to the DHCP server issue on your Xbox One? Then this troubleshooting guide is the ultimate destination. Here, you can get all those workable methods that can fix this problem.
Microsoft developed Xbox One as the best console to play games, watch TV, listen to music, and many more. We can connect to the network and install as many games as we want & play them on our consoles.
Until and unless we fix this Xbox One Can’t Connect to DHCP Server, we can’t use any internet-related applications. Thus, quickly read the following paragraphs & get to know how to resolve it.
Xbox One Can’t Connect To DHCP Server: Problem Overview
Presently, there are multiple consoles designed and developed by multinational companies. Some of them are PlayStation by Sony, Nintendo Switch by Foxconn Hosiden, Xbox by Microsoft, etc.
Xbox One is the third console developed by Microsoft after Xbox 360. It is also designed as the best home video game console. Till now, Lakhs of people have purchased Xbox One consoles to play their favorite games.
Sometimes, Xbox One users face regular issues with their consoles. One such is the video game consoles unable to connect to the internet. It mainly occurs when the DHCP server does not allocate the IP address to your console.
DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) Server is one of the parts of your router/modem. Its job is to give a specific IP address to the devices so that they connect to the internet.
When your Xbox One fails to connect to the network, you won’t play the games at all. So, it is mandatory to find the reason for this issue and fix it as soon as possible.
Want to know why this Xbox One Can’t Connect to DHCP Server issue occurs? Read the following reasons.
Now, get in touch with those methods that can fix this issue on your console.
Xbox One Can’t Connect To DHCP Server: Related Problems
Xbox One Can’t Connect to the DHCP Server error is shown in other types. You can go through the following paragraphs to know and fix them.
Xbox One Can’t Connect To DHCP Server: Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Below are some of the primary steps that you have to take when you encounter an Xbox One Can’t Connect to DHCP Server issue.
Power Cycle your Router
The first basic method that will help in solving this issue is power cycling your router. If you don’t know how to power cycle your router, then use the given instructions.
- Terminate all the systems that use your router’s network.
- After a couple of minutes, turn on the modem and allow it to boot.
- Once the modem establishes the connection, switch on the router.
- You can see the LED lights on your router whenever the network connection is established.
- Finally, turn on your Xbox One console and see the problem is disappeared or not.
Check your Router is Working or Not
Are you using your router for so many years? Then once check whether your router is functioning correctly or not.
Even the Xbox One users face this Can’t Connect to DHCP Server issue if the router is damaged. In this case, you need to replace it with a new router device.
If the router is working perfectly, then go to the next method to fix the problem.
Check the Internet Cables
Before going further, check the network cables connected between your router & console. If you find any loose connections, then connect them properly.
And if the cables are totally or partially damaged, then buy a new set of cables to overcome these errors. If there is no issue with the cables, then move to the following section to fix the problem.
Steps To Fix Xbox One Can’t Connect To DHCP Server Issue
Don’t think you have wasted your valuable time by following the basic methods. If they can’t solve the issue, then try out the multiple methods given in this portion.
- Step 1
Troubleshoot the DHCP Server Manually
Troubleshooting the DHCP Server manually is the best way to get rid of this issue. Carefully follow each and every instruction given below.
- First of all, shut down both your Xbox One console and router.
- Watch the time, and exactly after 5 minutes, turn both these devices On.
- Press Menu on your Xbox Controller.
- Now, go to the Settings to select the Network category.
- Find the Network Settings and click the Test Network Connection option.
It will find and fix all those network issues. If the connection is perfect, you’re your home video game console will automatically connect the Xbox Live. Or else it tries to search for the problem and fix it.
- Step 2
Allocate Static IP Address
Mostly, this problem occurs whenever a dynamic IP is assigning to your console. So, instead of that, try to assign a static IP to your Xbox One to overcome this issue.
- Turn on your video game console.
- You can find the Menu button on the Home screen.
- From the list of options under the Menu, select Settings.
- In the left-side panel, click the Network tab.
- After that, go with the Advanced Settings.
- Note down the IP address under the IP settings for future use.
- Locate the MAC Address section and type the 12-digit address of your home network connection.
- Launch your web browser (Chrome) and enter the default gateway in the address bar.
- Provide the login credentials, such as username and password, to enter into the welcome interface of your Router.
- Check the radio button beside the Enable Manual Assignment option.
- Enter both MAC and IP addresses in the respective fields.
- Finally, hit the Add button.
Now, run any of your favorite video games and see the issue occurs again or not.
- Step 3
Connect to Other Ports
Did you check the ports on your router and Xbox One? Are they functioning correctly or damaged entirely? If the ports where you plug the network cables are not working, then you will see kind of problems.
The simple solution to this issue is connecting the cables to different ports on your router.
- Shut down your home video game console and router by long-pressing the power button.
- Remove the Ethernet cable from these devices.
- Now, you have to connect the cable to other ports of your router and console.
- After that, go to the Settings on your console and select Network.
- From the Network Settings, choose Test Network Connection option.
If the connection is successful, then you see that your console is connected to Xbox Live; otherwise, you face the same problem with your Xbox One.
- Step 4
Check your Ethernet Port
The final method to fix this Xbox One Can’t Connect to DHCP Server is testing the Ethernet Port. For that, you need to follow the below instructions.
- First of all, remove the Ethernet cable that connects your console and router.
- After that, disconnect the Ethernet cable that you are using to connect your PC and router/modem.
- Now, you need to connect the Ethernet cable that you removed from your computer to your Xbox One console.
- Finally, test the network connection and see the console is connected to the Xbox Live or not.
Tips To Avoid Xbox One Can’t Connect To DHCP Server
Contact Official Support
In most cases, the above methods are hard enough to fix the Xbox One Can’t Connect to DHCP Servers error. If it is fixed, then it’s fine. Those users who are still struggling to solve it have to find some other ways.
You can search for any other tips in the official forums and authorized sites. If you confirm that the problem is with the Xbox One console, then visit the Microsoft Authorized Repair Center to get it repaired.
Even though the problem exists, then directly contact the support team of Xbox One and get the best instructions to get over it.
Final Words: Conclusion
On the whole, Xbox One is the third-best installment of the Xbox series manufactured by Microsoft. We can play, watch videos, connect to our TV, and do a lot more things on our console.
If it fails to connect to the DHCP servers, then you have several techniques to solve it. Moreover, we have given the tips that keep you away from these kinds of issues.
Xbox users who have any doubts about this troubleshooting guide can freely ask by posting the messages. We will reply to you as soon as possible.
Moreover, we accept your suggestions that will help us in improving our blog. Thank You.