Starbound Crashes on Startup
Starbound Game is crashing while starting it up on your Windows PC. Are you fed up with this problem that occurs repeatedly while trying to launch it? Then this article is there for you people.
Here, you will get all those successful methods that resolve the Starbound Crashes On Startup issue. We made a thorough research on this problem and concluded these methods to fix it.
Starbound is one of the best action and adventurous video game. Chucklefish developed and published this video game in the year 2016.
All platforms of users, such as Windows, Xbox One, Linux, and Mac, can download this Starbound game and play it. But due to some reasons (listed in the below sections), the game crashes suddenly without any intimation.
That’s why we came up with this technical guide that allows you to resolve the problem. Read the below paragraphs to know more details on this issue.
The Starbound game gains more fandom, like other action-adventure video games. Chucklefish Limited is the best British game developing company and offers stunning video games for game lovers.
From this company, there are several best video games, namely, Starbound, Inmost, Timespinner, and Wargrrove. Moreover, it published many other games, such as Risk of Rain and Stardew Valley.
Though Starbound is considered as the high-rated and best-selling game, it crashes whenever we start on our PCs. Don’t panic! Because crashing the game is a common issue faced by many users. It can be solved easily and quickly with simple techniques.
But the reasons for the occurrence of Starbound Crashes On Startup differ from one another. Some of those reasons are:
You need to find the reason why Starbound crashes while starting on your computer. After that, apply the best method that I listed below to get rid of this issue.
Now, it’s time to check out the problems that are related to this Starbound Crashes On Startup issue. Read them carefully to resolve the errors correctly using the given tricks.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
There are some basic troubleshooting methods that will help you in fixing the Starbound Crashes On Startup problem. The beginners can easily execute those steps without any issues.
In order to run any application, we have to provide free memory space on our computer. If the PC runs with low-disk memory issues, then we encounter various error messages.
The same will apply to the Starbound Action-Adventure Game. Yes, if your hard-disk drive is completely filled with the files and folders, then the game crashes on the startup itself.
So, if you encounter Starbound Crashes On Startup, then check that your PC contains free memory space or not. If the disk is full, then remove unwanted items and uninstall unused apps from the PC. Now, launch the game and see the error is resolved or not.
The expired drivers make the device dysfunctional. Whether it is a motherboard or mouse or keyboard or any others, it will not work properly when its drivers get outdated.
Some users reported that they face crashing problems whenever they try to run the Starbound. And after upgrading their video card drivers, they resolved this issue.
We suggest you the same that means to check whether the graphics card drivers are up-to-date or outdated. If they are expired, then go through the below guidelines to update them.
- Press Windows + S -> Type device -> Select Device Manager from the results.
- Once the Device Manager appears on your screen, select Display Adapters.
- Now, click the cap icon beside it to expand it and select the graphics card drivers.
- Right-click on it and click the Update Driver option.
- Follow the steps that appeared on your screen and complete the process.
After upgrading the drivers, see the Starbound starts without any crashing issues.
Due to the lack of permissions, the Starbound game does not launch without any trouble. That’s why run the game with the admin rights. For that, execute the following steps.
- First of all, open the folder where you have installed the Starbound game.
- Now, find the executable file of it -> Right-click on it -> Choose Properties.
- From the Starbound Properties window, navigate to the Compatibility tab.
- Identify the Run this program as an administrator option and enable it by checking its box.
- Click the Apply button to save the changes.
Run the Starbound game and check whether it crashes or runs smoothly.
Steps To Fix Starbound Crashes on Startup Issue
If you scrolled to this section, then it means the basic methods do not fix this crashing problem. Keeping this in mind, we came up with advanced troubleshooting methods that solve the problem.
- Step 1
Check Compatibility Problems
Some games are compatible with a few Windows versions. When you run them on all editions, it will not load and crashes on the startup itself.
It means the Starbound Crashes On Startup issue also occurs due to incompatibility issues. You can resolve it by following a few steps given below.
- Go to the desktop -> Select the Starbound shortcut icon -> Right-click on it -> Click Properties.
- When the Properties wizard appears on your screen, simply open the Compatibility tab.
- After that, you will find the compatibility mode section. Under that section, enable the Run this program in compatibility mode for option.
- Now, choose the Windows version that is lesser than your current version, such as Windows 8, Windows 7, etc.
- Finally, hit the Apply and OK button.
Run the Starbound and see the error still persists or not.
- Step 2
Set Graphics Quality to Low on your Desktop
Have you configured the graphics quality to high on your desktop? Because it is one of the reasons for crashing the game while starting. You can resolve this issue simply by setting the quality to low. For that,
- Go to your desktop -> Right-click on the empty space -> Choose Display Settings.
- Now, come to the Desktop Resolution section.
- Select the one that is lesser than the current resolution.
- Close the window and launch the game to know whether the issue is fixed or not.
- Step 3
Remove Installed Mods
To modify the game interface and add extra features, we install mods on our game. But these mods will trouble you a lot, such as not launching the game, crashes while startup, etc.
Therefore, uninstall or remove all these mods from your game. After that, check the Starbound Crashes On Startup issue is resolved or not.
- Step 4
Turn Off Antivirus Software
Are you using third-party antivirus softwares on your Windows 10 PC? Then the Starbound might crash while system startup. You need to disable or uninstall the antivirus from your computer.
- Go to the taskbar on your desktop.
- Select the antivirus icon -> Right-click on it -> Choose the Turn off the antivirus temporarily option.
If the error still appears, then uninstall it completely. For that,
- Press Windows + R -> Type Control -> Hit Enter.
- Open Programs -> Programs and Features -> Click Uninstall a Program.
- Select Antivirus Software from the list and hit Uninstall option.
- Step 5
Validate the Integrity of the Game Cache
The corrupted game cache also leads to the occurrence of crashing issues. To know whether the game includes any missing files or corrupted game files, use the following guidelines.
- If you have downloaded Starbound from Steam, then launch it on your PC.
- Click Steam placed at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Go to the Library and choose Starbound.
- Right-click on it -> Choose Properties.
- Navigate to the Local Files and hit the Verify the Integrity of the Game Cache.
- It takes some time to validate the game files, and after finishing it, it automatically closes the window.
Now, launch the game and see whether it crashes or not.
- Step 6
Update DirectX & VC Redist
The expired DirectX and Visual C++ Redistributable also cause many errors. One such problem is Starbound Crashes On Startup. If you really want to get rid of this issue, then install the latest updates.
You can update them by upgrading your Windows to the latest versions.
- Press Windows + I -> Click the Update & Security section.
- Under the Windows Update tab, click the Check for Updates button.
- It automatically downloads and installs them (if any).
- You need to restart the PC after completing the update process.
- Now, launch Starbound without any crashing issues.
- Step 7
Uninstall & Reinstall Starbound
The final technique we offer you to fix the problem is uninstalling and reinstalling the Starbound game. The error completely disappears after going through this method.
- Open the Control Panel -> Click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Select Starbound game and click Uninstall option.
After that, launch Steam and search Starbound in the Library. Install it by following the basic on-screen instructions on your PC.
Tips To Avoid Starbound Crashes on Startup
Contact Official Support
From the above, the gamers got a clear picture of how to resolve the Starbound Crashes On Startup issue on their PCs. We offered all those workable techniques and tips to fix the problem.
Based on our knowledge, we provided more than everything to play the Starbound game error-freely. But there are some situations where the gamers still come across this issue.
For those, we recommend them to visit the Chucklefish Forum site. You will get any other method to solve the error on your system.
The users who still face the issue have to take the help of the customer team of the Chucklefish Games. Since there are very much experienced in handling these kinds of issue, they will assist you with the fixable tricks.
Final Words: Conclusion
At last, Starbound is the perfect video game for those who are interested in both action and adventurous games. The video graphics, elements, and texture used in the game enhance the gaming performance.
When you face the Starbound Crashes On Startup issue on your PC, you can easily fix it through the given techniques. Whether you encounter it on your PC, Xbox One, Mac, and Linux systems, it can be fixed using these methods.
Hopefully, you liked this technical guide. To reward our efforts, please share the post or comment on it by leaving the message below. Anyone can contact us through our blog for any technical support.