Rainbow Six Siege Crashing
Do you encounter a Rainbow Six Siege Crashing problem while playing it on your Windows PC? Want to resolve the issue and resume your play? Then you got to the right place.
In this post, we are going to offer those methods that can fix the Rainbow Six Siege Crashing issue. You can apply them one-by-one and make the error disappear.
Ubisoft Montreal develops this Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege in the year 2015. It is one of the best tactical shooting video games designed for game lovers.
The stunning animations, video graphics, and images make you a wonderful experience while playing the game. Children and all other age group people love to play this shooting game on their PCs.
The developers developed this Rainbow Six Siege for multiple platforms. They are Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and Xbox Series S.
Due to some reasons, the Rainbow Six Siege crashes suddenly without any intimation. At that time, the techniques listed in this post will help you in fixing it.
Go through the article until the end and identify the best method that resolves the issue.
On our desktops, we play different kinds of games, such as shooting, racing, treasure hunt, etc. Video games are the best way to relax our mind in this busy life.
Players install their favorite games on their gaming or normal PCs. Most of the time, children love to play shooting and racing games. One such shooting video game that has the highest rating is Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege.
Thousands of users have installed this gaming app on their Microsoft Windows, Xbox Series, and other devices. Sometimes, the user sees issues while playing this best shooting video game. The Rainbow Six Siege Crashing is a frequently occurring problem.
When you are in the middle of the game, this issue arises on your PC. In such a case, you will be revert back to the starting level. By this, you will lose your entire gameplay and have to start the game freshly.
Let’s go through the reasons for the occurrence of this Rainbow Six Siege Crashing issue.
You have to resolve the issue to play the Rainbow Six Siege game without any issues. For fixing the problem, we provide the workable methods in the below section.
Below are some of the problems that are related to the Rainbow Six Siege Crashing issue. Check-out them and solve the error whenever you face it on your system.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
At first, try the basic troubleshooting methods that can resolve the Rainbow Six Siege Crashing problem.
Restart the Computer
One of the best techniques that can resolve the Rainbow Six Siege Crashing is rebooting the computer. At sometimes, restarting the PC will resolve many system errors.
Due to some internal hardware issues, it stops running the applications for a few minutes. That’s why reboot the system using any of the following methods.
- Click the Start Menu or Windows Icon.
- Select the Power Icon and click the Restart option.
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Del and choose the Restart option at the bottom of the screen.
Now, check whether you play Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege game without any crashing or freezing issue or not.
Due to conflicting antivirus or firewall applications, the user faces this Rainbow Six Siege Crashing problem. That’s why remove or disable the antivirus completely from your computer.
You can either use the control panel or uninstaller like IObit Uninstaller, to delete the antivirus software.
- Press Windows + S and type Control Panel in the search console.
- Choose the Programs category.
- Click the Programs and Features section.
- Now, search the antivirus software on the list and click the uninstall option.
- Within a few minutes, the antivirus is entirely removed from your Windows computer.
Finally, restart the PC and see the Rainbow Six Siege Crashing issue is resolved or not.
Check Internet Connection
Due to modem or router failure, the internet connection fluctuates. By this, the applications that need the internet will not work properly.
Similarly, the Rainbow Six Siege game also works when we provide a stable internet connection. If the game crashes or freezes all of a sudden, then check whether the internet connection on your PC is stable or not.
Identify the problems of bad connection and make it perfect to play your loved shooting games without any issues.
Steps to Fix Rainbow Six Siege Crashing Issue
In most cases, the basic techniques will not fix the Rainbow Six Siege Crashing issue. That’s the reason why we offer the most advanced methods that solve the issue.
- Step 1
Update Graphics Card Drivers
- Use Windows and X keys to open a list of options.
- From that, click the Device Manager.
- After that, identify the Display Adapters and double-click on it to expand it.
- Select the Graphics Drivers and right-click on it.
- Choose the Update Driver option to upgrade it to the latest versions.
- Now, you need to click the Search automatically for the updated driver software option.
- You have to go through some on-screen instructions to complete the update process successfully.
- Finally, reboot the computer and check the Rainbow Six Siege Crashing error is fixed.
Apart from this manual update process, you can use the automatic method by installing the best driver updater, such as IObit Driver Booster.
- Step 2
Perform a Clean Boot
- Open the Run dialog by pressing the Windows + R keys.
- Type msconfig command and click the OK button.
- The System Configuration window appears on your screen. Navigate to the Services tab.
- Go to the bottom of the window and check the checkbox of the Hide All Microsoft Services option.
- After that, click the Disable All button and then hit the OK button.
- In the next step, go to the Startup tab and click the Open Task Manager link.
- Choose the startup item from the list and right-click on it. From the right-click context menu, select the Disable button.
- Repeat the above step to disable all those unwanted startup items and close the task manager.
- Click the OK button in the System Configuration window.
- Finally, reboot the Windows PC by clicking the Restart button in the pop-up window.
- Now, open the Rainbow Six Siege game and see that it works without any crashing issue or not. If there is no crashing issue, go to the next step. Or else, try out the next method to fix the issue.
- Again open the System Configuration window using the above steps.
- Open the Services tab and click the checkbox of the Hide All Microsoft Services option.
- Now, choose any service that is disabled, check the checkbox to enable it, and click the OK button.
- Click the Restart button in the pop-up window that appears on your screen.
- Now, open the game and check for any crashing issue. If the game runs without any problem, then enable the services one-by-one using the above methods until you find the malfunctioning service.
- If none of the services cause this crashing issue, then move to the next step.
- Again open the System Configuration -> Go to the Startup tab -> Click the Open Task Manager.
- Right-click the disabled startup item and choose the Enable option.
- Close the Task Manager.
- Click the OK button in the System Configuration window.
- Now, hit the Restart button to reboot your computer.
- Check whether your Rainbow Six Siege runs without any crashing problem or not. Enable the disabled startup items one-after-the-other until you find the culprit startup item.
- Step 3
Disable SMT (Simultaneous MultiThreading)
In order to enhance the performance of Ryzen CPUs, AMD develops this Simultaneous MultiThreading technology. But this SMT will cause many issues, including the Rainbow Six Siege Crashing issue.
To resolve this problem, you need to disable the SMT on your computer. For that,
- Restart the computer and press the Del key when you see the manufacturer logo.
- Now, it enters the Motherboard BIOS. Find-out the SMT settings and turn it to the disabled state.
Now, see the Rainbow Six Siege Crashing disappears on your computer. If you still face the issue, proceed to the next method.
- Step 4
Disable Overlay and Cloud
We can play the Rainbow Six Siege game from both Uplay and Steam. If none of the methods resolve the issue, disable the Overlay and Cloud using the below steps.
Execute the below steps when you download the game from Steam.
- First of all, open Steam and navigate to the Games.
- Identify the Rainbow Six Siege and right-click on it to choose the Properties option.
- Click the in-game tab and disable the Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game option by unchecking the checkbox.
- In the next step, you have to open the Updates tab and turn off the Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for Rainbow Six Siege option by unchecking its checkbox.
- Finally, click the close button to save all the modifications.
Now, see the Rainbow Six Siege game runs without any crashes or not.
When you download the game from Uplay, follow the below steps.
- Open the Uplay and click the Settings menu.
- Go to the General tab.
- Uncheck the checkbox of the “Enable Cloud Save Synchronization for supported games” and “Enable in-game overlay for supported games” options.
Open Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and see if there is any crashing issue or not.
- Step 5
Deleting R6 Sound Data and Verifying Integrity of File
For Deleting the R6 Sound Data, execute the following steps:
- Make sure that you have closed the game on your PC.
- Navigate to the following directory when you downloaded the game from Steam.
Steam\steamapps\common\Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege\sounddata\pc
- If you download it from the Uplay, then open the below path.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege\sounddata\pc
- Now, remove the PC folder by pressing the Del button.
For checking the integrity of Games files, use the below guidelines:
- First of all, open Steam and navigate to the Game Library.
- Find-out the Rainbow Six Siege game and right-click on it to choose the Properties.
- Under the Properties window, open the Local Files tab.
- At the bottom, you will find the “Verify the Integrity of the Game Files” button, so click on it.
- Wait until the process gets finished. Now, see the Rainbow Six Siege game runs without any crashing issue.
Tips To Avoid Rainbow Six Siege Crashing
Contact Official Support
Players face different errors while playing games on their desktops or laptops, or PlayStations. Some of the issues can be solved with simple techniques, but a few errors will severely trouble you.
As this Rainbow Six Siege Crashing is not a difficult issue, the user can resolve it using the above-listed methods. By researching thoroughly, we have provided these techniques.
If none of them fix the Rainbow Six Siege Crashing problem, browse the forums and communities to get some other best solutions.
Even though you can’t fix the error, contact the support team through the official website of Ubisoft. Explain the problem clearly and get the problem fixed to play the game uninterruptedly.
Final Words: Conclusion
In my final thoughts, I would like to say that the user plays several games, like racing, animated, shooting, adventure, etc. For that, we have to provide the required configurations on our PCs.
Due to various reasons, we face issues while playing games on our systems. This Rainbow Six Siege suddenly crashes in the middle of the game without any notification.
Using the above tips and tricks, we can solve the Rainbow Six Siege Crashing issue. If you own any other method, share that trick with us.
Browse our website to know many other technical guides and buying guides. To share or comment on this post, leave a message in the below box.