Origin Friend Request Not Working
Didn’t you see any friend request of Origin Client even after your friend sends it? Are you unable to add your near and dear ones to play the games together? Is the Send Friend Request button not showing on your Origin Client?
These are some of the problems that an Origin user might come across while using it. On combining all these problems, it says the error as Origin Friend Request Not Working.
The gamers who are willing to solve this problem can follow the post till the end. The methods that are given below allow you to fix the error without fail.
By this, we can add our friends and play any multiplayer game on our computer.
Origin is the gaming platform where we can browse our favorite games and download them on PCs. It was developed by Electronic Arts in the year 2011.
It offers hundreds of games in almost all the categories, such as action, racing, adventure, shooting, RPG, etc. We can download any of its games and play them on our desktops.
Origin Client is compatible with Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Facebook Platform. Click here to download Origin Client on your Windows 10.
We can find both single and multiplayer games in Origin’s Game Library. Coming to multiplayer games, we need two or more players to play them.
For adding other Origin friends to play the game, we have to send the friend request. But sometimes, the friend requests unable to function its duties.
Several users have reported that the Origin Friend Request Not Working issue troubles them a lot. For them, we are coming up with this post.
First of all, let’s go through the following reasons that cause this issue.
Pinpoint the major reason for the occurrence of this Origin Friend Request Not Working issue. After that, apply the best-suitable method to resolve it on your device completely.
Read and get knowledge on those problems that you might encounter while dealing with the Origin Client. Fix the issues easily & quickly with the given methods.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
In this guide, first, we are providing the basic ones that can solve the Origin Friend Request Not Working issue.
Restart your PC
Below you can find the most advanced methods, but before going to use them, just try to restart your computer. Many errors will fix with a simple reboot of the PC.
- Press Windows logo -> Click Power icon -> Select Restart option.
Now, check whether the Origin Friend Request Not Working issue is solved or not.
Restart Origin Client
According to the many user reports, they have fixed this problem by restarting Origin Client. To do that, you can go through the following steps.
- Launch Origin on your Windows 10.
- Now, go with the Origin menu and click the Go Offline option.
- After that, you can go back Online.
- You have to close the Origin window.
- In the next step, open the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys.
- Under the Processes tab, select the Origin processes one by one -> Right-click on it -> Click End Task.
- After completing, reopen the Origin Client and see the friend request is working properly or not.
Check Origin Servers
Due to maintenance or server-side issues, Origin fails to work on our desktops. You can neither send the friend requests nor your friends receive any of your requests.
We can’t do anything when this situation occurs except waiting for the servers to work as they should be. If there are no server issues, then move to the following steps to resolve it.
Check Internet Connection on your PC
As Origin is an online gaming platform, it is mandatory to connect our computers to stable internet. If there are any internet fluctuations, then we face issues like Origin Friend Request Not Working.
In case if you are using a Wi-Fi connection, then immediately switch to Ethernet or wired network. When you didn’t find any network connectivity issues, move to the below sections to fix the problem.
Steps To Fix Origin Friend Request Not Working Issue
Check out the advanced troubleshooting steps mentioned below in order to fix the friend request issue on your Origin Client.
- Step-1 : Update Origin
- Step-2 : Run Origin Client with Admin Privileges
- Step-3 : Turn off Windows Defender (or Third-party Antivirus)
- Step-4 : Disable Windows Firewall
- Step-5 : Log out and Re-login to Origin Account
- Step-6 : Remove the Game Cache
- Step-7 : Sign In as an Invisible User
- Step-8 : Add Your Friends from Website with Phone
- Step 1
Electronic Art designed Origin in such a way that it automatically updates to the latest versions whenever released in the market.
In case if you are using the Origin application when the manufacturer releases a new patch, then it will not upgrade automatically. This might be the reason for the occurrence of this issue.
To fix it, you need to close and relaunch Origin freshly on your PC to start updating the app. After that, reboot the computer and then check the error is solved or not.
- Step 2
Run Origin Client with Admin Privileges
Try to launch Origin Client as an administrator and look the Friend Request Not Working issue is disappeared or not. You can do that using the following guidelines.
- If Origin Client is open, then close it on your computer.
- Now, go to the game folder where the executable file of Origin is saved.
- Right-click on the OriginClientService.exe file -> Click Properties.
- Now go to the compatibility Tab.
- After that, check the Run this program as an administrator option.
- Save the modifications and run Origin on your PC.
Check out the friend request starts working normally or shows the same error message.
- Step 3
Turn off Windows Defender (or Third-party Antivirus)
Though antivirus software or Windows Defender protects our PC and data from viruses, it troubles us by stopping the apps running on the device.
We say that Origin Friend Request Not Working might occur due to the antivirus you are using on the system. The moment you use this online gaming platform, turn off or disable the security suite.
- In the Taskbar (bottom-right corner of the screen), right-click the antivirus software (Avast, Avira, or Windows Defender) -> Click Disable the app temporarily.
Once you are successful in turning off the antivirus, check the friend request not working issue is solved or still exists.
- Step 4
Disable Windows Firewall
In addition to the above, you can also try disabling the Windows Firewall to resolve this problem. The Firewall may block the operations of Origin while sending and receiving a friend request.
That’s the reason why we recommend you turn off the Windows Firewall on your system.
- Press Windows + R -> Type Control Panel -> Hit Enter.
- Go to the System and Security category.
- Now, you need to click the Windows Defender Firewall.
- On the left side, click the Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off tab.
- Under both the Private Network Settings and Public Network Settings, enable the Turn Off Windows Defender Firewall (Not Recommended) option.
- Finally, click the OK button to save the changes on your PC.
At last, reboot the Windows system and see the issue is fixed or not.
- Step 5
Log out and Re-login to Origin Account
If the above methods didn’t help you in fixing the issue, then log out from your Origin account both from the website and application. After that, re-login to the app.
As it sounds silly, many users are successful in solving this friend request problem through this method.
- Launch Origin -> Click Origin Menu -> Select Go Offline option.
- Visit the Origin website and log out from your account.
- At the same time, open the Origin app on your phone and log out from it.
- Now, re-login to your account through the website and application with your credentials.
After that, try sending the friend requests to your friends or closest ones. Confirm whether your friend receives the request or not. If you still face the same issue, then use the next troubleshooting steps.
- Step 6
Remove the Game Cache
The corrupted game cache of Origin is one of the reasons for showing this issue on your PC. So, better to clear the cache completely from the app to work it correctly.
- Close the Origin and all other related processes running on your computer through the Task Manager.
- After that, open the Run box and execute %ProgramData%/Origin command.
- On the folder displayed on your screen, leave the folder named as LocalContent and remove all other folders.
- In the next step, again open the Run box and execute %AppData% command.
- Locate the Origin folder and delete it.
- Go to the address bar and hit the AppData.
- Double-click the Local folder -> Select Origin folder -> Press Del key to remove it.
Finally, restart your Windows PC and check the Origin Friend Request Not Working error is disappeared or not.
- Step 7
Sign In as an Invisible User
Origin is one of the finest online gaming platforms because it provides various options. One such option that will help you in this situation is Sign in as invisible.
It is the most effective method that can solve almost all the issues related to the friend request on Origin Client. You can sign in to your account in invisible mode.
- Click the Origin menu located at the top-left corner -> Choose Go Offline option. By this, we can log out from our Origin account.
- Now, you will see the login screen. You can find the Sign in as invisible option. Check the checkbox beside it to enable that option.
Thus, select your friends and send the friend requests both from the website and application. Mostly, you will not face any issues while performing this friend request.
- Step 8
Add Your Friends from Website with Phone
Some experts suggested that adding friends from the website using your mobile phone is the best method. Only the AT & T U-Verse users can use this technique to solve all those issues related to the Origin friend request.
Tips To Avoid Origin Friend Request Not Working
Contact Official Support
There are millions of users who are using Origin Online Gaming Platform on their Windows and other PCs. If they found any issues with it, then there are methods to fix them.
In the same way, the gamers can solve this Friend Request problem through the troubleshooting methods provided in this post. If you can’t solve it even after using all those tricks, then reinstall Origin on your computer.
If not, you can share your issue with the authorized forums and communities of Origin. Either you can find the solution thread or wait for the fixes from the experts.
Moreover, you can contact the technical or customer desk of Origin Client to get the best tricks that can fix this issue.
Final Words: Conclusion
At last, gamers always face one or other problems while gaming on the systems. Whatever the issue is, they can solve it with one or multiple methods.
The same will apply to the Origin Friend Request Not Working error. We can use the effective methods on this post and get rid of the issue all the time.
If anyone (professional) has cracked this issue with a method other than the above, then post it to help others to fix it. For any clarifications or questions on this guide, contact us by leaving the comments.
Let us know which troubleshooting step helps in solving the Origin Friend Request Not Working issue.