Last Updated on December 18, 2020 by Admin
Microsoft Surface Mouse Not Working
Microsoft Surface Mouse is a wonderful Bluetooth device that is mainly manufactured for Windows 10 tablets. It is perfectly structured for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 device.
Using the Microsoft Surface Keyboard and Microsoft Surface Mouse together turns a tablet into a laptop. That’s why most of the users are crazy about purchasing these devices.
But sometimes, the users of this Microsoft Surface Mouse encounter problems while using it. It will not work accordingly when we press the left & right clicks.
You are the one who is facing any such issue? Don’t feel tense! You are not alone because we offer the best techniques to make your Surface Mouse working.
Follow this post until the last sentence to fix the Microsoft Surface Mouse Not Working issue.
Microsoft is the number one multinational technology company, established in 1975 by Bill Gates. There are hundreds of products, licenses, and peripherals that came out from Microsoft.
Lakhs and Lakhs of people from different countries of the world are using Microsoft’s software and hardware components. Even it regularly releases the latest builds for providing new features to its Windows 10 users.
As it is the top best company, the user can face troubles while using its products. Today, here we are going to discuss one such issue that is Microsoft Surface Mouse Not Working.
There are many reasons for the mouse to not work when we clicking on it. Some of them are:
Now, you got to know why the Mouse is not working on the Microsoft Tablet. What will happen when this Surface Mouse will not show any actions?
Sometimes, you can’t see any mouse cursor on your display. If the pointer is visible, you will not move it around the screen. At the same time, you cannot select any item on your desktop or other locations of the device.
That’s why it is very important to resolve the Microsoft Surface Mouse Not Working issue. Go through the below sections to get in touch with more details.
The users who are interested in knowing the problems that are related to Microsoft Surface Mouse Not Working can follow this section. Apply the solutions whenever you encounter any such issue.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
First of all, we would like to provide the basic troubleshooting methods in this section. They can resolve this Microsoft Surface Mouse Not Working issue.
Check the Microsoft Surface Mouse
Are you using the Microsoft Surface Mouse for a long time? Then it will trouble you while working with it.
If you want to know whether it is in perfect condition or not, connect to other devices. When you see the light underneath the mouse and pointer/cursor on the screen, it means the device is working correctly.
Still, the Surface Mouse is not working? Don’t worry! There are some more methods that will fix the issue.
Check the USB Dongle
The Wireless USB Dongle or USB Plug/cable that connects your Microsoft Surface Mouse to your tablet or PC is very important.
If the Dongle or USB Plug gets damaged, it won’t connect the mouse to the system. For knowing the Wireless Dongle or USB Plug working, follow the below steps.
- If you are using a hub, then connect the USB plug to it and then to the device.
- Make sure that the power hub that you are using is designed for high-powered USB devices.
Check whether it is detecting and working on the device or not. If not, do the following step.
- Now, directly connect the Dongle to the USB Port of the system. If it works, then the power hub is damaged. Suppose the Surface Mouse is not working. Go through the below troubleshooting steps to fix it.
Verify the Mouse Batteries
One more thing you have to do is checking the batteries of the Bluetooth Mouse. Using the older batteries will make the mouse not function.
That’s why replace them with the new batteries and see the Microsoft Surface Mouse is working or not. If not, then the problem might be with other issues.
Scroll down to the following sections to get more advanced methods that can fix the Microsoft Surface Mouse Not Working error.
Steps To Fix Microsoft Surface Mouse Not Working Issue
Execute the following tricks step-by-step to completely solve the Surface Mouse Not Working issues.
- Step-1 : Run the Troubleshooter
- Step-2 : Update the Bluetooth Drivers
- Step-3 : Uninstall & Re-install Bluetooth Drivers
- Step-4 : Modify the Power & Sleep Settings
- Step-5 : Verify the Bluetooth Service is Enabled
- Step-6 : Pair The Mouse Correctly
- Step-7 : Optimize the Bluetooth Signal
- Step-8 : Change Power Management Settings
- Step-9 : Update Windows
- Step 1
Run the Troubleshooter
- Press Windows and I keys to open the Settings.
- Now, find the Update & Security and click on it.
- Go to the left-side panel and check the Troubleshoot category.
- Identify the Bluetooth section and click the icon.
- Finally, click the Run the Troubleshooter button.
- You have to go through some on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
After finishing, see the Microsoft Surface Mouse works correctly or not.
- Step 2
Update the Bluetooth Drivers
Older or incompatible or corrupted Bluetooth drivers cause the Mouse Not Working issues. That’s why update them immediately either using the manual or automatic method.
- Press Windows + R to see the Run box on your screen.
- Type devmgmt.msc and click the OK button.
- The Device Manager can be seen and check-out the Bluetooth Mouse.
- After that, right-click on your Surface Mouse and choose the update driver software.
- Wait until the latest updates are installed on your device. Let’s restart the system and try to work with your mouse.
- We hope the problem gets resolved; if not, use the below methods.
If you want to complete the entire update process automatically, simply install the IObit Driver Booster. It will check for the latest updates and install them without the user intervention.
- Step 3
Uninstall & Re-install Bluetooth Drivers
Even after updating the Bluetooth drivers, you can’t see any changes. We suggest you uninstall and re-install them freshly on your system. To do so,
- Use the above steps to open the Device Manager.
- In the next step, select the Microsoft Surface Mouse or Bluetooth Mouse and right-click on it.
- Choose the Uninstall Device option.
- A warning window appears on your screen, so click the Yes button to continue.
- Thus, it uninstalls the drivers completely from the device.
- Now, restart the system, and it automatically installs the Bluetooth drivers.
The Microsoft Surface Mouse Not Working problem disappears on your system.
- Step 4
Modify the Power & Sleep Settings
- Click the Start Menu -> Type Settings -> Select the best matches (Settings) from the console.
- After seeing the Settings wizard, choose the System category.
- You have to select the Power & Sleep from the left-side panel.
- Disable the On battery power, stay connected to Wi-Fi while sleep option by unchecking the checkbox.
- At the same time, disable the When plugged-in, stay connected to Wi-Fi while asleep option.
By this, the Mouse will not show any issues while working on your system.
- Step 5
Verify the Bluetooth Service is Enabled
Is the Bluetooth service running on your Windows 10? If the service is disabled, then enable it by following the below instructions.
- Open the Run box & type services.msc and hit Enter.
- The Windows Services window opens on your device.
- You can see a list of services and from them, find the Bluetooth support service.
- If the service is running, then it is OK. If not, right-click on it and click the Start button.
- Step 6
Pair The Mouse Correctly
If you still face the Microsoft Surface Mouse Not Working problem, check that you correctly paired the Bluetooth mouse or not. Use the below steps to pair the device properly.
- Press the pairing button placed at the bottom of the mouse. Hold it for 5 to 10 seconds and release it.
- You will see the light on your mouse, which means that it is detected on the device.
- Click the Start and choose Settings from the menu.
- Now, open the Bluetooth & other devices under the Devices category.
- See that Bluetooth is On. If not, turn it on.
- After that, select the Add Bluetooth or other devices (+ icon) and then click the Bluetooth option.
- Select the Microsoft Surface Mouse from the list and execute some on-screen steps if needed. Finally, click Done to complete the pairing process.
- Step 7
Optimize the Bluetooth Signal
Due to the bad signals, the Bluetooth Mouse or Keyboard will not work. So, it is very important to have better wireless signals to avoid all these problems.
The user needs to see the placement of the USB Dongle while connecting to the USB port. By connecting to the right USB port, it will optimize the wireless signals.
More importantly, the wireless and non-wireless devices placed nearer to the Microsoft Surface Mouse also causes many issues.
To escape from transceiver interference, better to use the device away from the following objects:
- Remote-playing toys
- Wireless mobile phones
- Wireless networking devices
- Step 8
Change Power Management Settings
- Open the Device Manager on your system.
- Look for the Universal Serial Bus Controllers and expand it.
- Now, double-click the USB Root Hub to open its properties.
- Select the Power Management tab.
- Disable the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power option by unchecking the box.
- Finally, click the OK button to save the changes that you’ve made.
Thus, Microsoft Surface Mouse starts working without issuing any issues.
- Step 9
Sometimes, Windows updates will upgrade suitable or compatible drivers. Those updates are not the same as we update through the device manager.
That’s why check for the latest Windows updates. If there are any such updates, then complete the process on your system.
There might be a chance where the bugs cause the Bluetooth Mouse Not Working issue. So, it will not only help in enhancing the system performance but also identify the bugs and fix them.
- Open the Settings application and click the Windows Update.
- After that, click the Check for Updates option.
- Thus, it checks and automatically installs the latest updates.
- After finishing the entire process, check the Microsoft Surface Mouse is working.
- We hope that the device will not show any problems after performing this method.
Tips To Avoid Microsoft Surface Mouse Not Working
Contact Official Support
According to the reviews we got, the users who are facing this issue can fix it by following the above methods. So, we are sure that you will resolve the Microsoft Surface Mouse Not Working without any doubts.
By chance, if you can’t overcome the issue and still the mouse does not work, it means the faulty is with the mouse. You have to visit the nearest computer peripheral repair center.
When the Surface Mouse gets completely damaged and if it is under warranty period, contact the store & replace it with a new. Or else you need to purchase a new Microsoft Surface Mouse for your tablet.
Final Words: Conclusion
In my final thoughts, the Microsoft Surface Mouse is the best peripheral that allows the user to access the tablet smoothly. With a metal scroll button, it looks attractive.
Though Microsoft maintains its standards, we face these kinds of issues due to some issues listed in this post. By executing the given guidelines, we can make the Mouse works as usual.
If you own any other methods, then share them with us to fix this Microsoft Surface Mouse Not Working error.
We will be very happy if you share your precious thoughts and comments towards our service. Share and comment on the post will encourage us to provide more technical guides.