Last Updated on September 23, 2020 by Admin
Machine check exception windows 10
Are you getting the Machine check exception windows 10 issue? Do not worry as we are here with solutions like Updating your drivers or rolling back to the previous one can fix Machine check exception windows 10.
Machine check exception is a bit difficult issue because it encounters as soon as windows start loading. You may require to get into a safe mode to apply the fixes.
This stop code error is a kind of Blue screen issue related to your system’s hardware. This whole issue appears when a system becomes unable to recognize the hardware component via related software or driver. As per user, after overheating or overstressing their hardware they got this stop code error. This is usually a hardware related issue and appears due to overloading the hardware components.
This issue is not limited to a specific operating system version. Machine check exception windows 8, 7 are also encountering this. Just be with us to get rid of this blue screen error.
According to users when they are turning on their system. It simply gets blue screened. In some cases, the screen got frozen. Few users reported that their system kept restarting on its own displaying “Machine check exception windows 10” stop code error.
The error code does not disclose the troubling hardware which system is unable to recognize. Still, we have enclosed the expected causes behind the occurrence of this BSOD issue in the windows 10 system.
The blue screen has a wide range of errors including this MCE issue. Machine check exception windows 10 includes various related problems as described below. The cause behind these is the same as mentioned in the Problem overview section. So, feel free to apply the methods shown in this article.
Machine check exception windows 10 fix includes some basic solutions as well. As the reason is basically hardware here, we need to check on it before heading to the advanced level approach.
Let’s get started!
First things First: Complete Restart
The best thing to start with is to power cycle your system by turning it off, removing battery and external devices including the power source. After 5 minutes turn it on, then proceed with the next solution.
Go for the BSOD Troubleshooter
Windows inbuilt troubleshooters are not less than a complete cure for any system related issue. Few users have fixed Machine check exception windows 10 using this.
Go with the following set of steps to run BSOD troubleshooter:
- Tap on the Windows logo key with “I” to open the Settings application. Tap on the “Update & Security” section.
- Go for the “Troubleshoot” option from the left side panel.
- Now in the right pane, look for “BSOD” tap on it then choose “Run the troubleshooter” toggle. Then proceed with the on-screen guidance.
Once done, we hope the Machine check exception windows 10 got fixed. If not and you still encounter the blue screen or frozen screen due to MCE, switch to the next section ADVANCED TROUBLESHOOTING.
Steps to Fix Machine Check Exception Windows 10
The stop code machine check exception is a blue screen issue so it requires some advanced approach as well. We advise you to follow the written order of solutions.
Note: Here you need to enter into SAFE MODE before following the methods given below. Go with this link to get into safe mode.
- Step-1 : Go and Run the SFC and DISM
- Step-2 : Run DISM via Windows installation Media
- Step-3 : Inspect the Hard Drive
- Step-4 : Go for Graphics card re-installation
- Step-5 : Update the BIOS
- Step-6 : Disable CSM and Fast boot in Systems BIOS
- Step-7 : Go for Disabling the Network Adapter
- Step-8 : Check on SATA fast boot
- Step-9 : Remove the DVD and extra hard drives
- Step-10 : Inspect the troublesome hardware
- Step 1
Go and Run the SFC and DISM
System file checker and the DISM scanning and fixing tools are one of the best things Microsoft includes. The reason can be the corrupt system files related to the troublesome hardware or driver in this issue.
Many of the file related issues get fixed using this. As per users this had fixed Machine check exception windows 10.
Go with the following set of steps to run this:
- Now tap on the Windows logo key with “X” then choose “PowerShell (Admin)” or “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the list. Tap on it to open.
- Now type “sfc/scannow” followed by ENTER to execute the statement. This will take little time to wait until it gets finished.
- Now type “DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth” followed by ENTER to execute the statement. This will take little time to wait until it gets finished.
- Once done, exit the command prompt and “Restart” your Windows 10.
Once the system turns on, check if Machine check exception windows 10 got eliminated or not. If not then go for running the DISM using windows installation media.
- Step 2
Run DISM via Windows installation Media
Deployment image servicing and management command lines using windows installation media can be beneficial for you. Make sure you have the windows installation media of your system. In case you don’t have it, just skip this and try the above method.
Go with the following set of steps to run DISM via WIM:
- Get your installation media and insert it into your Windows 10 system.
- Again, Follow STEP 1 from the above method to open Command Prompt. Now type the following 2 commands followed by the ENTER key.
- dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth.
- dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.
- After the above, go with the following commands followed by ENTER Key:
- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:Y:SourcesInstall.wim:1 /LimitAccess
Note: At the place of “Y” uses the drive letter as per your system.
- dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth.
- Once done, “Restart” your windows 10 system.
Now, check if the issue “Machine check exception windows 10” got fixed or not. If not then move to the next resolve to check out the hard drive.
- Step 3
Inspect the Hard Drive
Any hardware related issue may result in Machine check exception windows 10 issue. If there is any issue with your hard drive files, you will encounter this stop code error. CHKDSK will help in detecting and fixing those issues.
Go with the following set of steps to run CHKDSK in windows:
- Hold the shift key and RESTART your system.
- You will get the windows to boot startup, just tap on the “Advanced Startup” option.
- Then go for the “Troubleshoot” option. After that tap on “Advanced Options”.
- Now go for the “Command Prompt” to open it. Once it appears, go with the following command lines one by one followed by the ENTER key to execute:
- bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd.
- bootrec.exe /fixmbr
- bootrec.exe /fixboot.
- bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd.
- Once the above is done, you can also go for the following CHKDSK command. Just remember to replace the alphabet (i.e. “c”) with the letter assigned to your Drives. You have to perform this for each partition.
- chkdsk /r c:
- Once done, “Reboot” your windows 10 system.
Now, check if the stop code Machine check exception windows 10 stopped appearing or not. If not then its time to check on your Graphics driver.
- Step 4
Go for Graphics card re-installation
An outdated or corrupt display driver can cause such issues as well. In many cases, the external graphics card gets damaged. If your system has two graphics cards then the external one might be the culprit here. Well, let’s try to install the latest version of your Graphics card driver to get rid of the machine check exception issue.
Go with the following set of steps to update your Graphics card:
In other systems, visit your graphics card official website to download the latest version of the driver. Follow the link as per your driver’s manufacturer.
Download it in the USB pen drive.
- Now in your system, under safe mode. Go for “Device Manager”, by searching it in the Start search bar.
- Locate “Display Adapter”, tap to expand. Then choose your Graphics card and right tap on it to click “Uninstall Driver software”. This will start the uninstallation, just go with on-screen points till it finishes.
- Once done, insert the USB drive, you have downloaded the Graphics card file. Just copy it in your system. Then double-tap on it to run and proceed with the installation. Just follow the guiding instruction appearing on your screen.
- Once it finishes “Restart” your system.
Now check if the issue “Machine check exception windows 10” got fixed or not. If not then move to the next fix.
- Step 5
Update the BIOS
BIOS plays an essential and crucial role in providing a compatible environment for users. We advise you to get into your systems BIOS, you get instructions using the manual of your motherboard. For, many users updating their BIOS has fixes removed compatibility issues resulting in the “Machine_Check_exception windows 10” free system.
Be careful while performing this, as if it gets incorrect in any way. You will encounter severe non-fixable damage.
- Step 6
Disable CSM and Fast boot in Systems BIOS
Fast booth and CSM have been the culprit for many users. You might be one of them. Just head to your systems BIOS using the manual of your motherboard. There will be instructions to get into the settings and disable it correctly. Try this method to fix the Machine check exception windows 1o issue. Make sure you are not making mistake anywhere.
Note: If the above doesn’t work just go for disabling the Intel SpeedStep technology feature in the BIOS. As per users’ reports, this has fixed Machine check exception windows 10 error for many. Just follow the instructions provided in your Motherboards user manual.
- Step 7
Go for Disabling the Network Adapter
According to many users, their LAN adapter was the culprit. After disabling it the stop code error Machine check exception windows 10 got vanished. Sometimes other services are the reason behind such errors.
Go with the following set of steps to turn this off in your system:
- Tap on the Windows logo key with “X” and select the device manager.
- Now look for NETWORK ADAPTERS, expand it. Then right tap on your LAN network and choose the “Disable” option.
- Once done, “Restart” your system.
Now check if the issue Machine_Check_Execption stop code got fixed or not. If not just move to the next fix.
Note: Also, go for updating it to check if that works. To enable it again in the same way and choose “Update driver” to get the latest version. In case even this doesn’t work you might need to change your network adapter.
- Step 8
Check on SATA fast boot
As per some users, SATA fast boot has fixed the Machine check exception windows 10 issue for them. Just follow your motherboards manual and set “SATA Fast boot” to “All devices” in your BIOS.
Once it is done exit and restart your system to check if the issue got fixed or not.
- Step 9
Remove the DVD and extra hard drives
Many users are getting Machine check exception windows 10 install issues. The reason can be your DVD and other additional hard drives. Sometimes external drives conflicts and causes such error while windows installation.
Just disconnect the DVD drive and other external devices if attached. Just insert the installation media to proceed with the installation and prevent machine check exception error code. Also, do check your installation media as that might be corrupt or damaged.
- Step 10
Inspect the troublesome hardware
As hardware is the actual cause here, the reason can be faulty RAM, processor, motherboard, or its component, etc. if any of these is damaged, you will encounter this stop code message.
As per some users, their processor was damaged and some had encountered an issue with the IC chip of their Graphics card. These are obvious errors if your laptop has got over 6 or 7 years, as every component has its life span.
So, there are chances that overheating or overstressing has defected the hardware component of your motherboard. In most severe cases CPU chip gets damaged, in that case, you will need to replace the whole thing.
We advise you to move to a technical expert to know more about the hardware faults or the troublesome component.
Tips to Avoid Machine Check Exception Windows 10
Contact Official Support
If stop code machine check exception keeps appearing in your windows 10. There are chances that there is some severe hardware related damage. We advise you to consult an experienced technician.
If your system is under warranty. Just visit the nearest repair center of the manufacturer of your respective system. Make sure you have the necessary documents.
Final Words: Conclusion
At the very end of this article, we hope our methods have managed to make you smile. Don’t forget to go through the tips to avoid the Machine check exception windows 10 issue. If you have any suggestions or confusion, feel free to consult us.
Once you are over with this stop code BSOD error. Leave us your valuable remark to enhance the productivity of our service.