Is your Logitech G533 Mic Not Working while playing your favorite games? Then you have landed in the right place. Here, you can find all those solutions that will fix the Logitech G533 Mic issue.
Logitech is the world’s best and most popular computer peripheral and software manufacturing company. This Swiss-based company is famous for developing gaming headsets.
There are several models in gaming headsets, such as H600 Wireless Headsets, H390 USB Computer Headset, etc.
Apart from that, Logitech G533 Headset is one that most users use while playing games with their friends. But sometimes, the microphone of G533 stops working.
Due to this, the players can’t communicate with each other while playing video games. If you want to fix it, go through the below sections and know everything about this issue.
Problem Overview: Logitech G533 Mic Not Working
There are several video games that we play with our friends. While playing those games, we have to make conversations to play them correctly.
For example, the popular PUBG game is played by multiple players where they talk with each other to finish the levels successfully.
We use headset mics on our PCs, mobiles, tablets, and others to talk with co-players. What if the microphone is not working on your device? In such a case, you are unable to talk or communicate with others.
Logitech G533 is a wonderful gaming headset where several users while gaming. Due to some reasons, the Logitech G533 Mic stops working on the PCs.
To help those users, we are listing out the reasons and steps to fix the problem in this article. First of all, let’s see the causes of this Logitech G533 Mic Not Working issue.
There is no need to worry at all because it is a simple issue and can be fixed with the following tips and tricks.
Related Problems: Logitech G533 Mic Not Working
Go through this section in order to know the problems that are related to this Logitech G533 Mic Not Working issue.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps: Logitech G533 Mic Not Working
Let’s start using the basic methods and resolve the Logitech G533 Mic Not Working on your Windows 10 PC.
Restart your Windows PC
When you face any problems with the hardware components connected to your PC, simply restart the device. Due to some hardware glitches, we come across these kinds of problems with the peripherals.
After restarting, check the mic is working properly or not. If you still can’t talk with others through the Logitech G533 mic, then move to the next method to solve it.
Check for Hardware Issues
Due to hardware problems, you might be facing Logitech G533 Mic Not Working while using it on your games or other apps. So, check for those hardware errors and fix them to overcome this issue.
Firstly, check whether you’ve connected the Logitech G533 headset correctly. If you have loosely connected, then remove and replug it into the port properly.
Even the mic stops working when the USB port to which you have connected the headset is damaged. So, disconnect the headset from the port and connect it to another USB port.
If the mic still showing the same problem on your computer, then check the headset is working or not. For that, you need to connect the Logitech G533 to another computer.
Now, start talking on the mic and check the problem is fixed or not. If the problem still persists, then there could be some other reasons for it. So, follow the below section and use the methods to fix this issue.
Steps To Fix Logitech G533 Mic Not Working Issue
Don’t worry! You still have multiple methods on your hand to resolve this Logitech G533 Mic Not Working issue. Let’s use one by one and see the problem is fixed.
- Step 1
Grant Permissions to your Logitech G533 Mic
In order to use the microphone on your Windows 10 and the programs/games, you have to grant permission to your headset to access it on your PC and apps. Use the below instructions to do so.
- First of all, press the Windows key + I on your keyboard to open the Settings.
- Now, select the Privacy section.
- Go to the Microphone tab placed on the left side pane -> On the right side, click on the Change button.
- If the Microphone access for this device is turned off, then switch it to On.
- Click the toggle button under the Allow apps to access your microphone option to turn it On.
Now, use the Logitech G533 mic and check the problem is fixed or still persists.
- Step 2
Upgrade Audio Drivers
Mostly, users will keep their device drivers up-to-date. If you’ve forgotten to upgrade them, you will face problems while using your Windows PC.
So, when the mic is not working, check the audio drivers are the latest ones or older. If they are expired, then install the latest drivers by following the below steps.
- Press Windows + R -> Type devmgmt.msc -> Click OK.
- Expand Sound, video, and game controllers section -> Right-click the Realtek High Definition Audio -> Click Update Driver.
- In the next step, click on the Search automatically for the updated driver software option.
- Now, follow a few basic on-screen steps to complete the update process.
Even you can also do this process automatically if your PC holds any best driver updater, such as IObit Driver Booster. After installing the latest sound drivers, check the mic is working on your games and apps.
Apart from that, one can easily upgrade the drivers through the official website of Logitech. Logitech offers the latest audio drivers for all its devices. So, check the latest and the compatible ones and download & install them on your PC.
- Step 3
Reinstall Logitech Gaming Software
According to users, they have cleared this issue by reinstalling Logitech Gaming software on their Windows 10. We want you to try this method in order to use the mic without any issues.
- Press Windows + R -> Type appwiz.cpl -> Click OK.
- Locate the Logitech Gaming Software and select it -> Click the Uninstall option.
- If it requires any admin rights to uninstall, then you will the UAC prompt, and in that, click Yes to continue.
- After uninstalling, open Logitech’s support site and search for the latest Logitech Gaming Software. Now, download and install it on your PC.
Remove and reconnect the Logitech G533 headset and start using the mic to know the issue is fixed.
- Step 4
Check your Microphone Settings
Due to incorrect microphone settings on your PC, you will engage with these issues. So, configure the mic settings correctly, as shown below.
- Press Windows + R -> Type Control Panel -> Hit Enter.
- Go to the View by -> Select Small Icons option.
- Now, you have to click on the Sound category.
- It opens the Sound window, and in that, navigate to the Recording tab.
- Under that, right-click on the empty space -> Click on the Show Disabled Devices.
- In case if you find Logitech G533 Headset in the disabled state, then enable it by right-click on it and choosing Enable option.
- Also, you have to set the Microphone as the default device. For that, select the microphone and click the Set Default button.
- In the next step, right-click on the Microphone and choose Properties.
- Go to the Levels tab -> Move the slider to the maximum to increase the sound levels.
- Finally, click the OK button to save the settings.
Now, check the Logitech G533 microphone is working or not.
Tips To Avoid Logitech G533 Mic Not Working
Contact Official Support
Users who are using Logitech G533 headsets can easily resolve the Mic issues with the given methods. By reaching the last trick, they will get rid of the problem.
In case the Mic still not working while playing the games, you have to visit the nearest hardware peripheral repair store. Take the help of the technician and get it repaired.
If the G533 headset holds the warranty, then you can contact the authorized persons of Logitech and ask them to replace the product with a new one.
Final Words: Conclusion
To sum up everything, Logitech G533 is the most used headset by game lovers. If the Mic is not working, then you can resolve it with the above steps, such as upgrading audio drivers, modifying the mic settings, reinstalling Logitech gaming software, etc.
Sometimes, it could occur due to simple hardware issues, so check them once and fix the error. If you have any doubts about this problem, clear them all by contacting us.
Are you facing any other PC or gaming issues? If so, then contact us through the comment section. We are here to offer our best troubleshooting techniques to fix them. Thank you very much for your love and support.