Discord is the well-known and most popular application used by gamers while playing games on their PCs. Since it includes many features, gamers love to install it to use it on Windows systems.
Discord is the best digital distribution platform that allows us to communicate with other people. Mostly, gamers install this VoIP and instant messaging software on their computers.
It became the best source to talk to the players while gaming on the devices. That’s why downloads of Discord all over the world have drastically increased.
Though the majority of people won’t indulge in any issues while installing Discord on their PCs, a few users have encountering problems with it.
Restart your Windows PC
Whenever you see any hardware or software failure on your Windows, restart the computer. Though it sounds routine, most of the PC issues can be resolved with this simple trick.
Run Discord Without Admin Rights
Some applications are developed in such a way that it needs administrator rights to launch it on our desktops. But a few other programs will show an error message when it has been running with the Admin user.
- Go to the desktop -> Right-click the Discord desktop shortcut/icon -> Click Properties.
- It opens the Discord Properties window on your computer. In that, open the Compatibility tab.
- Now, disable the Run this program as an administrator option by unchecking its checkbox.
- Click Apply and OK to save.
- Step 1
Remove Discord Files
- Close Discord on your PC.
- After that, terminate all the Discord processes running on your computer through Task Manager.
- Press Windows + E -> Go to the installation folder of Discord.
- Locate the AppData folder under the Discord and delete it by pressing the Del key on your keyboard.
- Press Windows + R -> Type %localappdata% -> Hit Enter.
- Find the Discord folder -> Press the Del key to delete it from the PC.
- Step 2
Add Discord to Exception List of your Antivirus
Antivirus software protects our important files, secures privacy, optimize PC performance, and many others. It also blocks virus infections from third-party applications.
By default, the antivirus will not allow any new program to launch on our desktops. We have to add that application to the Whitelist in order to run it error-freely.
- Launch your Antivirus on your Windows PC
- Go to the Settings
- Select Exception List or Whitelist
- Click Add – Choose the .exe file of Discord to add it.
- Step 3
Make Changes to Quality Windows Audio Video Experience Service
We would like you to follow the below guidelines to proceed with this method.
- First of all, open the Run box by pressing Windows + R -> Type services.msc -> Press Enter.
- You can see the list of services running on your Windows PC. From that list, locate the Quality Windows Audio Video Experience service -> Right-click on it to choose Properties.
- Under the Properties, go to the Startup type section and select Automatic from the drop-down list.
- After that, click the Start button to start running the service on your computer.
You will see an error message stating Windows could not start the service on the Local Computer. To overcome it, follow the below steps.
- Open the Quality Windows Audio Video Experience service Properties.
- Navigate to the Log On tab -> Click the Browse button.
- Type the account name under the Enter the object name to select section.
- Now, click the Check Names to view the available names.
- Click OK. If it asks for any password, then provide the password to run the service without any issues.
- Step 4
Terminate Discord Processes
If the above methods failed to install or launch Discord on your PC, then terminate all the processes related to Discord. After that, try to install it error-freely.
It could not install the Discord when its related processes are running on the background of your PC. That’s why you have to close all of them and start installing it again on your system.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open the Task Manager.
- Right-click the Discord Process -> Click End Task.
- Repeat the above step until you kill all the Discord processes from your system.
Sometimes, we are unable to close all the Discord processes through Task Manager. At that time, terminate the processes through the command prompt.
- Press Windows + X -> Click Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type taskkill /f /im discord.exe and press Enter.
- Step 5
Clean Reinstall Discord App
- Log in to your computer with the administrator account.
- Press Windows logo -> Type control -> Choose Control Panel and click on it.
- Now, click the Uninstall a Program under the Programs category.
- Select Discord from the list and click Uninstall.
- If it shows any on-screen steps, follow them to complete the uninstallation process.
- After completing the task, it asks to click the Finish button.
- Now, open the official website of Discord and download the latest version on your PC by hitting the download button.
- Start the installation process by double-clicking on it. Follow the basic steps on your screen to finish the installation task.
Contact Official Support
Final Words: Conclusion
On the whole, I would like to say Discord is a fantastic application designed for multiple platforms, such as Windows, Android, etc. To voice talk, video call, text message, and other tasks, we use Discord on our systems.
A huge number of game lovers are using Discord overlay to communicate with the players while playing video games. That’s why this article will help you in fixing the errors while installing it on our PCs.