Borderlands 3 Not Launching
Borderlands 3 is not launching when trying to open on your Windows 10. Is it not the first time that you are facing this issue? If so, then you have landed in the right place.
In this guide, we are going to discuss those methods that can fix this Borderlands 3 Not Launching error. As there are millions of fans for this game, the troubleshooting steps will benefit them a lot.
Borderlands 3 is such an action role-playing video game that includes advanced features, such as stunning guns, vault hunters, etc.
Some say that the game is not starting due to outdated display adapters, DirectX 12, etc. The full information about the reasons, methods, and tips to escape this issue are given in the below sections.
Gearbox Software developed Borderlands 3 as the best action video game. In the year 2019, 2K Games published it in the market. And you know what! It is the sequel to the Borderlands 2 game, and it is the fourth installment in the Borderlands series.
Users can download it on their Microsoft Windows PCs, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, etc. We recommend the user to purchase the game from Steam because it offers a discount on the total game price.
Borderlands 3 offers four different vault hunters, such as Moze, Zane, Amara, and FL4K. You can choose your own fire modes from the multiple options, Torgue, Maliwan, etc.
Gamers enjoy it a lot while playing it on their PCs compared to the video game consoles. But there are times where Borderlands 3 shows errors while launching it.
It includes various reasons that cause Borderlands 3 Not Launching issue. They are:
There are several ways to fix the issue on your computer and allows you to start & play the game error-freely.
It’s time to check out those problems that are related to this Borderlands 3 Not Launching issue. Fix them with the solutions provided below.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Before going to use the basic steps, make sure that your computer configurations are satisfying the minimum game requirements or not
If your PC is highly configurable and shows this issue, then apply the following methods to fix it.
Run Borderlands 3 as Administrator
Run the Borderlands 3 as administrator so that you may overcome this problem on your computer. The following steps will help you in running the game with admin privileges.
If you are launching through Steam Launcher, then execute the below step.
- Go to your Desktop -> Right-click the Steam icon -> Choose Run as administrator option.
- Then it opens the Steam Launcher with admin rights. Now, you can start Borderlands 3 from its library.
If you want to launch it with admin rights every time, then use the below instructions.
- Open This PC -> Go to the installation folder of Borderlands 3 -> Right-click the .exe file -> Select Properties.
- From the Compatibility tab, enable Run this program as an administrator option.
- Click the OK button to save the changes.
Check for Windows Updates
Outdated Windows always cause one or other issues while running the PC. The Borderlands 3 Not Launching might be due to your expired Windows version.
Therefore, check the Microsoft released any latest Windows updates or not. If there are any such updates, then install them to keep it up-to-date.
- Press Windows + I -> Click Update & Security.y
- In Windows Update tab, click Check for Updates option.
Thus, it automatically checks for the latest builds and installs them (if any) on your computer. Once the process is completed, reboot the system and launch the game to check the issue is fixed or not.
Perform a Clean Boot
There are a few gamers who fixed the Borderlands 3 Not Launching by performing a clean boot. So, we request you try this method to resolve this issue.
- Press Windows + R -> Type msconfig -> Hit Enter.
- Now, navigate to the Services tab and check the checkbox of the Hide All Microsoft Services option.
- After that, you need to click the Disable All option.
- In the next step, go to the Startup tab and click the Open Task Manager.
- In the Task Manager window, open the Startup tab.
- You will see all the Startup items. Right-click on the Startup item and click Disable option.
- Like this, you have to disable all those startup items. After that, click Apply and OK buttons in the System Configuration window.
Once you restart Windows 10, launch Borderlands 2 and check the problem is resolved or still persists.
Steps To Fix Borderlands 3 Not Launching Issue
Didn’t the basic tricks help you in fixing the Borderlands 3 Not Launching error? Then try the following advanced methods.
- Step 1
Verify the Integrity of the Game Files
We know that virus-infected files damage the entire PC and its performance. In the same manner, the corrupted or missing game files can stop the game from launching on our devices.
In order to get rid of this issue, you have to execute the below guidelines.
- Double-click the Steam icon to open it on your computer.
- Once Steam Launcher opens, go to its Library, where all the games are listed.
- From that, find Borderlands 3 and right-click on it to choose Properties.
- The Properties page appears on your screen. Click the Local Files tab to view its options.
- Finally, click the Verify the Integrity of the Game Files.
- Then, it starts checking the corrupted game files and repairs them within a couple of minutes.
After that, open Steam and relaunch Borderlands 3 from the Library to know the error is solved or not.
- Step 2
Install the Latest Device Drivers
Check your Windows is using the dedicated GPU card or the integrated one. Modify the settings in such a way that your Windows has to use the dedicated Graphics Card.
At the same time, you have to install the latest drivers to overcome these silly issues.
- Press Windows + X -> Click Device Manager.
- From the Display Adapters, right-click the Dedicated Video Card drivers and choose the Update Driver option.
- Finish the process by going through some on-screen instructions.
To update the drivers automatically, let’s install the IObit Driver Booster on your computer.
- Step 3
Use DirectX 11
Several gamers have complained that after enabling the DirectX 12, they have encountered this Borderlands 3 Not Launching issue. In this situation, reverting back to the DirectX 11 is the best option.
For that, execute the following steps.
- Double-click This PC or press Windows + E to open File Explorer.
- Now, open the following path,
- %USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Borderlands 3\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\
- %USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Borderlands 3\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\
- Now, locate the GameUserSettings.ini and right-click on it -> Select Open with -> Click Notepad.
- Find the line named PreferredGraphicsAPI and modify it from DX12 to DX11.
- Press Ctrl + S to save the modifications and exit the Notepad.
Finally, reboot your Windows computer and click the Play button to know whether the Borderlands 3 is launching or not.
- Step 4
Disable your Antivirus Temporarily
Let’s try another method that is disabling the antivirus software on your computer. It is an effective technique that can solve these kinds of issues.
Antivirus blocks some unknown apps and games in order to safeguard the PC from infections. If you want to run the game, then you need to disable it temporarily. To do so,
- Go to the System Tray (bottom-right corner of your screen) -> Right-click on your Antivirus icon -> Choose Temporarily disable the antivirus software.
Now, check the Borderlands 3 Not Launching error is disappeared or still persists. If the game is not starting or responding, then move to the next method.
- Step 5
Run SFC Scan
We connect different kinds of removable devices and run several unknown apps. Due to these activities, Windows System Files get corrupted on our PC.
If the system files are missing on your computer, then you will see these kinds of problems. To rectify this fault, you need to run the System File Checker or SFC scan.
- Press Windows logo -> Type CMD -> Right-click the Command Prompt in the results -> Choose Run as Administrator.
- Now, type the sfc /scannow command and hit Enter.
- It starts checking for the corrupted system files and repairs them automatically. But it takes more time to complete the process successfully.
- Step 6
Update Steam Launcher
Compared to other game launchers, several gamers use Steam as their default launcher. If you are using Steam to launch Borderlands 3, then check whether the launcher is up-to-date.
In case if you found any new releases, then update the Steam Launcher. By this, the Borderlands 3 Not Launching issue may fix on your computer.
You can install the latest updates of Steam Launcher from its official website.
- Step 7
Install the Latest Game Patches
At last, check Gearbox Software released any latest updates of Borderlands 3. The reason why we are asking is running the expired version can cause these problems.
Therefore, you must install the latest game patches to get new features and fix the bugs included in the game. Either you can update Borderlands 3 from its official website or Steam Client.
Once completing the update process, launch the game and play it without facing any issues.
Tips To Avoid Borderlands 3 Not Launching
Contact Official Support
We strongly believe that before reaching this section, everyone can resolve the issue with the above methods. Through one or more tricks, we can eliminate this problem.
If someone is still engaged with this error, then they have to uninstall the game from their PC. After that, clean reinstall the Borderlands 3.
Even this trick doesn’t help you, so check out the biggest community of it for some other methods. Finally, the gamer can resolve this issue by asking for help from the official customer support team.
The experts can offer the workable methods that can fix this Borderlands 3 Not Launching issue.
Final Words: Conclusion
Hopefully, Borderlands 3 Not Launching issue is fixed with the tricks we provided in this post. If you found any inconvenience in applying the steps, then you can contact us at any time.
We keep updating our blog by posting new troubleshooting guides. If you want to get in touch with those posts, then subscribe to our blog.
Even you can ask for any technical help by simply posting the issue in the following comment box. If you found this guide valuable, then share it with your friends to help them to fix it when they encounter this issue. Thank you so much for your love and support.